gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 02:32 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Spoke length advice
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Spoke length advice  (Read 566 times)

Stu-82

Spoke length advice
« on: April 28, 2009, 09:58 PM »
Hi, can anyone tell me what length spokes i'd need for the following wheel builds:

Araya 7X 20x1.50 rims to Suzue Small Flange hubs?

and

Araya Aero 20x1.75 rims to Suzue Small Flange hubs or Suntour Sealed Small Flange hubs?

Cheers, Stu  :)

rhino_mac

Re: Spoke length advice
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 11:23 PM »
Hi,

I can confirm this on Thursday as my wheels are being built but I have 194mm Asahi spokes for Araya 7X 20 x 1.75 to sealed bearing suntour low flange hubs, and according to the guys I bought them off, they need to be laced 4 cross.

I'm not sure if the wheel width matters, just the diameter so the spoke length for 1.75 and 1.5 should be the same.

If you're interested, I have some used chrome (i think) spokes for 20" wheels fitted to a low flange hub - just came off the wheels today and come complete with sliver nipples. They look mint.

Stu-82

Re: Spoke length advice
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 12:59 PM »
Cheers mate, yeah i've done a few searches on the net and 194mm sounds like the correct length!

Thanks but i'm fitting some Asahi spokes to keep with the original spec  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Spoke length advice

gfxgfx
gfx gfx