gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 05:33 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  'goldtec's trails, caerphilly. NEW pics added from may 3rd......
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 'goldtec's trails, caerphilly. NEW pics added from may 3rd......  (Read 2118 times)

welsh denny

first time i've been up there in 4 years (last time was filming for steve b's 'clicked ' back 4 or more years ago.)
anyway, when we got up there there were posters all over the place saying they were closed and the place may be demolished by the end of april.
these trails have been around for 8 or more years and have been okay'ed by the forestry commission in the past. now they think in this day of health and safety they need more done to them so they may be going. a facebook group has been set for all the mtb and bmxers who use them, as well as emailing the forestry commiss and the council.  just a shame if they do go it's only been this year they've been rideable due to the prev 2 summers being  a washout.
hope you enjoy the pics guys. may be going up in the morn to shoot some more if the weather is good.

riders are craig jones (white t shirt) gaz (yellow t) and steve cushion( blue bike ,white rims- and a damn  good trails rider) after the superman came out everyone declared session over - steve killed it. good times and what summer is all about.
 :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 06:44 PM by welsh denny »

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: 'goldtec's trails, caerphilly. pics from last week....
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 10:55 PM »
Fantastic pics :daumenhoch:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

lodge

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 07:22 AM »
Cracking pics Denny, thanks for posting.

sweetbeats

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 11:59 PM »
Quality as usual...sun in BMX pics is the perfect combo  :daumenhoch:  :smitten:

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 02:46 AM »
RAD  :4_17_5:

teamsano

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 06:06 PM »
that looks sooo fun!

the big pile of litter in the first pic probably doesnt convince the f.c. to keep the spot running tho....

mark 2

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 06:51 PM »
That looks awesome Den, where is it in Caerphilly? My mums house must be about 2 miles from Caerphilly mountain , is it somewhere around the forrest area up by the hilltop cafe or further into the depths of Caerphilly?

welsh denny

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 07:45 PM »
van rd i think its called. as you go over the mountain from cardiff and take the first right hand turn after the golf course (which is on the leftside) then follow the country rd down to the bottom. turn right, then park in the car park  on the left. then walk straight up & they are infront of you. part of the forestry of caerphilly- train station is just down the road.

welsh denny

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 07:48 PM »
that looks sooo fun!

the big pile of litter in the first pic probably doesnt convince the f.c. to keep the spot running tho....

too true. don't know who put all the rubbish there as it was there when we got there. think it may have been the local mtbers who ride there all the time- yet don't take the rubbish away with them. pee'd down yesterday so didn't head up there to do more pics. and more rain forecast all week so that may have been it ...

have to wait and see....

mark 2

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 08:18 PM »
van rd i think its called. as you go over the mountain from cardiff and take the first right hand turn after the golf course (which is on the leftside) then follow the country rd down to the bottom. turn right, then park in the car park  on the left. then walk straight up & they are infront of you. part of the forestry of caerphilly- train station is just down the road.

I know Van Rd,  Beefburger Basil used to have that Valley BMX shop there bitd. I take the dog to Rudry common when I'm home and pass through there on the way back to Lisvane. Went past it only 2 weeks ago, never noticed it before....next time I'm in town...... ;)

welsh denny

more trails pics added from goldtecs- pics added from may 3rd......
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 06:53 PM »
after some bad weather i finally managed to go shoot some more pics up there. more of a chilled sesh this time but fun was had. even the big line was used this time.

how jim pulled this i don't know. not a turndown but a moto style whip held at 90 degrees for what seemed like ages.

and over on the big line- big gaps and bigger jumps.....

hope you enjoy..... :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 09:12 PM by welsh denny »

mark 2

I'm not telling you again Den, give up the day job, you take an awesome picture.......you'd never think that was in Caerphilly, looks like a big forest in US or Canada

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  'goldtec's trails, caerphilly. NEW pics added from may 3rd......

gfxgfx
gfx gfx