gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 12:16 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Backyard ramps
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Backyard ramps  (Read 1925 times)

muttley

Backyard ramps
« on: April 23, 2009, 04:02 PM »
It's what gardens were made for. 

muttley

Re: Backyard ramps
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 04:07 PM »
Me mates yard, cant wait for it to be finished    :4_17_5:

jedi

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 05:20 PM »
a 6ft mini ramp???  :) :)

teamsano

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 06:29 PM »
awesome! i fancy one of these....

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 06:43 PM »
Cool...

Can we all come round for a go when its finished?

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 09:54 PM »
muttley that looks fun, and steep, should be good to air!

bru, how wide is the garden?

even a 4ft will fun to nibble on :daumenhoch:

i had the council round to inspect my ramp a month ago - someone complained  :( , they turned up at the  door, i shat my pants! they got out their tape measures and took lots of photos and told me anything bulit in your garden over 30cm! needs planning permission (built after oct 08). I've got eveidence it was built last summer, but havent heard back from them so who knows what will happen.

The planners said its only a problem to them if someone complains so keep your neighbours sweet, although i've had no complaints,  one of the neighbours house went up for sale, then a sold sign went up, within a week the council turned up, now its back for sale again.....

Soooooooooooo  get building :daumenhoch:

reay900tap

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 10:56 PM »
muttley that looks fun, and steep, should be good to air!

bru, how wide is the garden?

even a 4ft will fun to nibble on :daumenhoch:

i had the council round to inspect my ramp a month ago - someone complained  :( , they turned up at the  door, i shat my pants! they got out their tape measures and took lots of photos and told me anything bulit in your garden over 30cm! needs planning permission (built after oct 08). I've got eveidence it was built last summer, but havent heard back from them so who knows what will happen.

The planners said its only a problem to them if someone complains so keep your neighbours sweet, although i've had no complaints,  one of the neighbours house went up for sale, then a sold sign went up, within a week the council turned up, now its back for sale again.....

Soooooooooooo  get building :daumenhoch:

I've not long built a workshop/shed in my back garden, once fininshed I had the 'ol knock' at the door from the council..
been told I need planning for it?? but, the rules on why I do need planning are so hard to work out ???
one minute I need to pay £150, the next I don't! even the council themselfs aren't sure :shocked: and their online site for this is a shambles!! nothing works...

anyhow, is the 30cm's in hight? or did you mean 30 metres squared ground coverage?
only my next plan was a small backyard set-up :daumenhoch:

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 11:51 PM »
Hey ray, they said anything over 30cm - 300mm high now needs planning! i thought they meant 3m high when hey mentioned it, i couldnt believe they meant 300mm!

even my decking didnt comply!

i checked the website later for the new oct 08 rules and your right its very vague, it does mention the 30cm rule, which includes decking, but doesnt mention what other structures this relates to. The Planners said i could convert my ramp/bowl into a shed! but i wouldnt get the head room height for a ramp inside it

After speaking to another bmxer who's dad is a planning officer, basically if they decide they dont like what you've built, they apply the vague regulations in a way to make you pull it down or charge you and pull it down themselves.

Fingers crossed i sold it to them, as its quite tucked away

gutted if i have to pull it down, and its put me off finishing of the bowl corners, heres a pic of jon taylor shreding on it last year!

bru my ramp is 26 ft wide / 8m, but there is hardly any deck, 2ft on one side and one foot on the other, so i ended up building another 2 transitions to get a big deck, hence its almost a bowl, so 4ft sounds about right :daumenhoch:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 12:05 AM »
Just build these things in such away that they can be dismantled easily, then you can play cat and mouse with the suits indefinately.

reay900tap

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 08:42 AM »
''The Planners said i could convert my ramp/bowl into a shed! but i wouldnt get the head room height for a ramp inside it''

basically I think you can use this as a loophole if it doesn't go in your favor, if you place a door on a side where you can get to easy and it can be seen, then you could class it as an 'outbuilding or shed' just stick a few spades, shovels, rakes etc and jobs a good'un :daumenhoch:, theres no rules on how a shed has to look!
I do have a link to the rules somewhere on size and hight etc if you would like them?

Bushwacked

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 12:12 PM »
With the Mini ramp yo could have a shed under each deck  - his and hers sheds!!! LOL!!!

Sean 2000

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 11:57 AM »

I cant wait either, has he got the run-up sorted yet?

It will be the nuts once the mini and box are built as well.  ;)

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 12:16 PM »

I cant wait either, has he got the run-up sorted yet?

It will be the nuts once the mini and box are built as well.  ;)

its took him 2 years to get to that stage sean
theres at least anoyther 4 to go lol

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Backyard ramps

gfxgfx
gfx gfx