gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 11:47 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  REBEL HELP
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: REBEL HELP  (Read 1012 times)

smash

REBEL HELP
« on: April 23, 2009, 02:49 PM »
hi all,spotted a ad in my local free ads news paper,for a "80s rebal bmx"anyway rang bloke and went down to have a look this afternoon,bikes been sprayed black,okish job,but have no knowledge of these bikes to tell if it is a gen rebel,its not a freestyler,has its straight tubes,has a diamond sort of shape cut in the rear dropouts,clean welds,but its got 2 cable guides on main top tube,which makes me think its not that old,frame number is BC12820748,and is under bottom bracket of frame,crank he says is original,has rpm with numbers 12345678910 going around the edge of the crank??wish id took me camera now :idiot2:he said he"d hold it for me,but dont want to buy a dud,so any help would be great :)

dannywhiteley

Re: REBEL HELP
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 02:59 PM »
hi all,spotted a ad in my local free ads news paper,for a "80s rebal bmx"anyway rang bloke and went down to have a look this afternoon,bikes been sprayed black,okish job,but have no knowledge of these bikes to tell if it is a gen rebel,its not a freestyler,has its straight tubes,has a diamond sort of shape cut in the rear dropouts,clean welds,but its got 2 cable guides on main top tube,which makes me think its not that old,frame number is BC12820748,and is under bottom bracket of frame,crank he says is original,has rpm with numbers 12345678910 going around the edge of the crank??wish id took me camera now :idiot2:he said he"d hold it for me,but dont want to buy a dud,so any help would be great :)

Doesnt sound like Rebel to me.  Never heard of a Rebel with cable guides.  Sounds middish to me, might be a Something Rebel, rather than a Rebel Something (if you know what I mean)?

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 03:21 PM »
Depends how much he wants for it  ???

smash

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 03:45 PM »
Depends how much he wants for it  ???
£50.00,but im kinda thinking what danny said could be right,mid school,can anyone tell the year from the serial number?

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 07:05 PM »
heres a pic of the rebel race frame ;) as you can see there are no cable guides
British race frames and race clothing wanted

dannywhiteley

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 07:12 PM »
Stop teasing me with that race frame...

No cut outs in the OS Rebel drop outs, and the chainstays are different shape.

Fork drops look similar though...  but not an OS Rebel but not sure when they stopped trading?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 07:17 PM by dannywhiteley »

smash

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 07:46 PM »
Stop teasing me with that race frame...

No cut outs in the OS Rebel drop outs, and the chainstays are different shape.

Fork drops look similar though...  but not an OS Rebel but not sure when they stopped trading?

hi mate,rang back said i wasnt interested,and yes he has stuck it on ebay,the above link.it def looks mid school seeing it again.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  REBEL HELP

gfxgfx
gfx gfx