gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 07:15 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Help With Pricing, Mongoose Cali' + Parts...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Help With Pricing, Mongoose Cali' + Parts...  (Read 2122 times)

GREMLIN

Help With Pricing, Mongoose Cali' + Parts...
« on: April 21, 2009, 03:05 PM »
A bit of help please lads, with pricing this little package  :)
I know the price on Cali's go all over the place...

Mongoose Californian, '84, all tubes chro-mo, frame and forks. Nice condition, few mark here and there.
Mongoose bottom bracket set (nos before fit), Mongoose stamped 1pc, Sr 44t chainring in silver, Mongoose Pro Class power plate in blk.
Mongoose Pro Class Full size bars, stamped stainless steel, a couple of small scrapes on cross bar (hidden by bar pad), need a good polish up.
Mongoose Pad set , used.
Sr stem,
Mongoose Pro Class brake set inc cables and lever covers (usual chew marks on ends under covers). Nice condition with new Pro Class decals.
Blk hinged mx seatpost clamp (d.c copy).

Pics are of when it was built up last.  Lmk if anyone wants to see any extra pics.
So what do we rekon this is worth in the present climate?   :daumenhoch:  G.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 12:15 PM by Grem' »

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
Re: Help With Pricing, Mongoose Cali' + Parts...
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 03:59 PM »
Strange time to sell, somewhere between 375 and 450 should see it go, not on here though  :daumenhoch:

GREMLIN

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 04:08 PM »
Sorry I should have made it clear.  It's just the parts bundle listed, not the complete build pictured.  :)  G.

Offline stfc

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 07:15 PM »

Mongoose Californian, '84, all tubes chro-mo, frame and forks. Nice condition, few mark here and there.  £90 POSTED
Mongoose bottom bracket set (nos before fit) £20, Mongoose stamped 1pc £30, Sr 44t chainring in silver, Mongoose Pro Class power plate in blk.
Mongoose Pro Class Full size bars £35/40 MAYBE MORE MAYBE LESS, stamped stainless steel, a couple of small scrapes on cross bar (hidden by bar pad), need a good polish up.
Mongoose Pad set , used.£30 POSTED
Sr stem,
Mongoose Pro Class brake set inc cables and lever covers (usual chew marks on ends under covers). Nice condition with new Pro Class decals.£50
Red Mongoose Viscount Aero saddle. Needs a resto (dylon etc).
Blk hinged mx seatpost clamp (d.c copy).

Pics are of when it was built up last.  Lmk if anyone wants to see any extra pics.
So what do we rekon this is worth in the present climate?   :daumenhoch:  G.

[/quote]

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 10:44 PM »
Hi Grem - how's tricks fella :daumenhoch:

Neil (N2cus) could be after the bars as he has a new toy as of this afternoon's dodgy car-park rendez-vous with me at Scotch Corner - pm him. :daumenhoch:

As for the Cali, the frame is not all cromo unfortunately, as that's why it was cheaper than a Supergoose. It's main tubes only I'm afraid, but they fetch £90 to £100 all day on here, maybe a bit more on gaybay if you advertise it well. BB and crank I'd agree a little less, depending on condition but rare as hen's teeth. Don't sell the BB until the crank goes though, as the crank is useless without it being a 28tpi.

If the pads are not repops, then double that and add some - I've seen them go for a ton on gaybay, and £60 to £70 all day long. If they are, then £30 posted if mint as you can buy them for £40 new (copies)

SR stem £10 to £15 posted depends on condition as they were stock on Burners so plenty about :-\

Viscount aero should be £20 to £25 depending on condition :daumenhoch:

Spen
Still limping......

GREMLIN

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 03:03 AM »
Hey Spen , I'm good thanx m8.  :daumenhoch:

Thanx for the shout on the parts.

The padset was sourced as originals from Emma at Rudewheels about 5 yrs back. So I'd expect them to be the real deal  ???.
The crank will be going with the 28tpi bottom bracket set (i know someone would want it seperate for their 401's).  >:D
The Sr stem is in excellent condition.
It's possible the saddle already has a new home to go to  ;)

As for the Cali Frame... I have been lead to believe through numerous threads on sites that Mongoose did a run of full chromo tubing Californians in '84.
I have an original all tubes chromoly decal on the toptube , behind the headtube.
I also weighed the frame against a guide for the "all tubes chromo" version, and mine was spot on.
It's neither here nor there as I was expecting to get about a ton for the f&f anyhow. Chromo or Pig iron  :D

I will try and verify once again tho.  I do like being right  :LolLolLolLol:

I am getting to the ammount of £250 + p&p for the whole lot tho. 
Seems daft to split a project that needs grips, post, pedals, chain and wheels to be a sweet old school classic.

Gav.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 06:17 AM »
Seems daft to split a project that needs grips, post, pedals, chain and wheels to be a sweet old school classic.

Gav, I couldn't agree more mate.

All you'd need to finish this would be a lush set of alloy Pro-class wheels, some decent pedals like 1/2" Shimano SX's, a nice set of black Ami Tri's and a chain and she'd be riding in a couple of hours...... >:D

Sorry to hijack your thread, more like an "add-on", but I have those very parts available for sale now my Pro-class f&f is sold. They even have the blue / red rim strips so would match the saddle perfectly....... >:D >:D

Please form an orderly queue for an old-school classic presented by Gav & Spen :2funny:

Still limping......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Help With Pricing, Mongoose Cali' + Parts...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx