gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 04:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  TANGE 125 LP HEADSET
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: TANGE 125 LP HEADSET  (Read 5925 times)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
TANGE 125 LP HEADSET
« on: April 20, 2009, 09:34 AM »
Guys, has anyone got a picture of this headset shown in individual pieces? I honestly think one of my bearings isn't correct as i'm having trouble fitting this bugger, so want to see everything spaced out so I can compare my bearings etc...

Cheers,

Matt  :)

thecrooch

Re: TANGE 125 LP HEADSET
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 10:21 AM »
can sort tonight for you mate, as ill be taking mine out of my freeagent and putting the beartrap back - what a piece of over expensive crapola....

when fitted mine felt like it was back wards as well - will be up for sale in the for sale section very soon.

Great looking for show bikes but dont try using it in the real world....

btw what you gonna use on 3rd May?

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 10:26 AM »
My TRM Si, but with this tange headset in...  :-\ dunno now. If it won't ride that well with it in, I may just change to a Nikyo or something like that. Wish I had a Hatta Headset to put there instead but Biagio took 2 weeks to send the last one and I cannot risk that...  :(

Looking forward to the 3rd though mate  :D

thecrooch

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 10:32 AM »
Mine kept coming loose but then i bought one that was missing the top cap so got sold with a Tange Locknut instead which in principle should work perfectly well but i just didnt have enough thread left to fit the lower part of the locknut.  its my own fault really.   but still getting rid. the Beartrap never let me down and stayed perfectly tight.  will just stick with that now.

yeah well looking forward to it.  Was up in Crewe with all the northern boys, Dirk D, Keep it Lit, Sandro, R Al, think they may be up for this now....

daz bmx it!

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 02:30 PM »
I'll swap ya a nearly Nos Beartrap for the tange? ;) you'll get it pronto aswell :daumenhoch:

PS...I think the bearing races are smaller on the Tange ???

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 02:34 PM »
have to admit that on a rider, you simply can't beat a beartrap II, cheap and super reliable  :daumenhoch:

thecrooch

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 02:43 PM »
I'll swap ya a nearly Nos Beartrap for the tange? ;) you'll get it pronto aswell :daumenhoch:

PS...I think the bearing races are smaller on the Tange ???

yeah go on....  :LolLolLolLol:

nice try buddy - but ive still got the old one.....  and the difference in cost.....

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 02:48 PM »
Just found this image...

The bit that fits to the fork looks different to mine...?

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 02:49 PM »
Shit i've gone mad  :LolLolLolLol: ignore the fork comment  ;D

chichi

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 02:50 PM »
Hope this helps...

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 02:51 PM »
Anyone got a spare Nikyo bit (cup) that goes on the forks? This is what i'm missing from my Tange, but the Nikyo one I have looks smaller and may do the job.

daz bmx it!

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 02:52 PM »
Matt,have you got the part that fits the bottom of the fork missing then? I have one :daumenhoch:

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 02:54 PM »
Dumb question, but it IS an original you have Swiv?

reason i ask is i got caught out last year with a copy one (but fully tange decaled) that i had probs fitting...

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 02:57 PM »

Good point. How would I know? Is it stamped tange? I didn't pay a lot for it, so i'm guessing its a fakey?

Dumb question, but it IS an original you have Swiv?

reason i ask is i got caught out last year with a copy one (but fully tange decaled) that i had probs fitting...

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2009, 02:58 PM »

Yep that's what I'm missing it seems Daz, plus one of the bearings, but they look quite standard and I have plenty here which I can mix and match with.

Can you fire that over to me mate, i'll send you a drink for it  :4_17_5:

Matt,have you got the part that fits the bottom of the fork missing then? I have one :daumenhoch:

thecrooch

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 03:20 PM »
at least we now know why its called a 125.....

martylaa

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 03:49 PM »
lot of snide ones out there nearly bought a couple from states, got a pm from another member warning me that they are copies
selling my real one on the bay now

thecrooch

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 04:46 PM »
any idea how you tell?

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2009, 04:48 PM »
Ok, i've checked i still have the boxed snide copy here (too embarrassed to sell it on)  :-[

and i also have a few boxed 125's, couple of blue & a black real ones..... i will do a topic so peeps can see difference. Its quite easy really as there are glaring differences but as they are decalled tange people think they are...

f00kin tiawanese (even tho it says made in Japan,it wasn't) had even put HARO on the box even though it looks like a tange box "BMX 125"   :knuppel2:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2009, 05:53 PM »

Please do a topic mate. I thought mine was a snide as I got it for £18 posted! But good to see what the differences are though ;)

Ok, i've checked i still have the boxed snide copy here (too embarrassed to sell it on)  :-[

and i also have a few boxed 125's, couple of blue & a black real ones..... i will do a topic so peeps can see difference. Its quite easy really as there are glaring differences but as they are decalled tange people think they are...

f00kin tiawanese (even tho it says made in Japan,it wasn't) had even put HARO on the box even though it looks like a tange box "BMX 125"   :knuppel2:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  TANGE 125 LP HEADSET

gfxgfx
gfx gfx