gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 08:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hersden Today
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hersden Today  (Read 2443 times)

moomin

Hersden Today
« on: April 19, 2009, 07:36 PM »
Just wanted to say a massive Well Done to the crew at Hersden today, 95 riders was wicked and loads of new little people, looks like the promo work is doing the job  :daumenhoch:

Great family atmosphere, cool to catch up with friends old and new and chewing the fat, some quality racing and crashes, i'll have to see what i can upload on here tonight :daumenhoch:

Highlights for me

Humps not coming last :shocked: what's that all about Al  :LolLolLolLol:

Matt Humps actually looking like he meant it today and looking super fast :4_17_5:

Stupple's crash on the exit of the first berm, you shoulda been a gymnast  :2funny: :2funny:

Little Jade getting a cracking 2nd in 14 and under girls at just 7 years of age, go girl  :smitten:

Mark smacking his gums  :2funny: x 1000

Old school, despite the low rider count the racing was fast as fook :)

Cracking fish and chips by the seafront then home rounded off a fantastic day :daumenhoch:

sonic-1

Re: Hersden Today
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 07:37 PM »
 :'( gutted i didnt make it  :'(

jazzyje

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 08:17 PM »
many thanks to all of you who travelled so far to our little track today.was expecting 50/60 max.when tony said it was over 90 i was amazed.was great to see so many kids in full race kit and many on proper race bikes.big up to all the volunteers especially natalie epps who did'nt stop from the moment she got there.could'nt run a race without the mums that chip in to do various jobs that need doing,eg moto sheets,finish line etc.
   great start to the season and lets hope it continues.top racing and many smiley faces all day.95 for a club race is pretty good no matter what track you go to.for a 4 man play track its enormous and just goes to show how bmx is getting bigger all the time.
   hope bard kerrs injury is not to bad and hope all the crashers ar'nt to bashed up.kirsty hambrook scared the life out of me when she could'nt breathe.luckily she was just winded and recovered quickly.cheers and see you all in may hopefully.justin.

Offline ruff n tuff

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 08:19 PM »
Gutted too, but booked in for the 17th May!  Not liking the sound of these Guys going too fast in the OS races!

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 08:29 PM »
Well done to the guys and gals of Hersden who put on a fantastic event today at Kent's best little track. That there were almost 100 riders is testemant to the popularity of this little track and the way it is run. Great atmosphere with lots of families there to watch the racing which was spectacular and fun. Seeing Billy Stupple disappear over the first berm front-flipping as he went was so funny!!  Good to see a lot of new faces to the sport and now looking forward to the next event on May 17th. Steve Jenks should be pleased to read that his little 'fun track' is still going strong five years later. Humps

wolfybmx

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 08:31 PM »
yet again justin and tony put on an amazing day. its a bit strange watching from the side lines but attention was on debs in her first race ( 3RD PLACE IN HER a FINAL) . well done to every one who attended. the family atmospheres is just great. we all hope everyone will continue to come down and support such a great little track. it goes to show size isn't everything and hersden is perfect for any one starting out in this great sport.   :daumenhoch:

Mr Rusty

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 08:33 PM »
Another great day - thanks to Justin and Tony and everyone else who made it happen.

come on you old skoolers where were you - only 4 today ! (+ 1 injured in practise)

TK The Mic

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 09:26 PM »
FULL REPORT NOW ON WWW.HERSDENBMX.CO.UK

Once again many thanks to everyone involved today it was mind blowing that we almost topped 100 riders for a seasons opener! normally those numbers are kept for September, what it will be like then is scary ;D

Shame about the O/S numbers dropping off  a bit but hopefully we will get one or two more of you as the year goes on.

See you on MAY 17TH
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 10:22 PM by RATTY »

thecrooch

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 02:16 PM »
come on you old skoolers where were you - only 4 today ! (+ 1 injured in practise)

Went to Crewe for the Regional.. Sorry - glad you all had a fantastic day...

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 07:59 PM »
I noticed you and Quad were racing there, It looked fantastic.  :daumenhoch:

mr.magoo

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 09:38 PM »
at last..............i finally figured out my pass word, Hersden was great racing, fast and exciting, in all classes

Big props to Big Kev 40...well done, someone buy him a torque wrench though, stop him overtightening his stem bolts :LolLolLolLol:

Gutted i had to pull out after less than a dozen practise laps......can't expect miracles after five weeks since surgery i guess :idiot2:

thecrooch

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 11:20 PM »
Magoo  WTF were you doing on a bike mate.... you'll fook it up mate....

And Zips, yes mate it was and we took it too em as well!!!  All made the A Final and only JT Beat us (again) mind you Glen did take him in the Semi.

mr.magoo

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 11:51 AM »
Physio, best exercise is to continue with normal life but moderately......was going ok, till i decided to give it a decent push outta the gate...may have been something to do with Billy and kev being on the same gate...lol, and after third crank hamstring just tightened up!!!!! so jumped the first doubles, and pulled off for the rest of the day.

Learning new skills..........., using my brain and listening to what body tells me....only taken 39 years :LolLolLolLol:

anyway, all the furninture moving the previous day would have done more damage, and four flites of stairs!!!!!

Peckham?????????????????????

dialledbikes

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 02:26 PM »
Good to hear Hersden is still rocking the grass roots race scene  :daumenhoch:

Sorry I didn't make it, but about time I had a weekend off from racing to do family stuff.

Big thanks to Humps for letting "Keiron" have a go on his cruiser.  He ordered one today after riding your bike, Alan  :daumenhoch:

big kev 40

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 02:58 PM »
sorry billy was stem bolt not me did try and turn   honest    besides stripping two stem bolts  had a good day   and magoo finding a brain and just watching  you know it makes sence dude     lifting chest of draws down the stairs on your own day before might   not have helped    your not ducking bionic  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :idiot2: :idiot2:

jazzyje

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 07:06 PM »
Good to hear Hersden is still rocking the grass roots race scene  :daumenhoch:

Sorry I didn't make it, but about time I had a weekend off from racing to do family stuff.

Big thanks to Humps for letting "Keiron" have a go on his cruiser.  He ordered one today after riding your bike, Alan  :daumenhoch:

my nephew asked where his friend josh was.they got good memories kids cos that was back in august!!!loads of kids in josh's class,he'd of had a blast.hope to see you both down there this season.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 10:13 PM »

Damn, now he'll beat me at the next meeting!!   :'( Humps

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hersden Today

gfxgfx
gfx gfx