gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 04:13 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Good Luck to all the Radsters going to Derby National
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Good Luck to all the Radsters going to Derby National  (Read 2858 times)

moomin

Good Luck to all the Radsters going to Derby National
« on: April 10, 2009, 08:53 AM »
There's a fair few going with sproggs in tow

Nick and Chloe Oaten
Keith W and Travis
Spillers?
Jason Harvey
Mr Stupple
BOF
Flemdog
Wolfy

sure there's more

Lets hope you all bring home some shiney silverware :daumenhoch:

spillers#1

Re: Good Luck to all the Radsters going to Derby National
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 10:54 AM »
why thankyou nicola  ;) i will be attending the derby nat and getting my ass shagged by the old coggers in 40+  :D

steve Beech TA

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 07:27 AM »

Yes good luck to all, i only live a couple of mile away so my pop down with the children.  :daumenhoch:

moomin

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 12:54 AM »
Only news so far is that Keith and Billy both made the 40+ B final, loadsa riders have moved up and are QUICK, Keith has taken a bad slam and maybe broken ribs  :'( big healing huggles to you sweetie  :smitten: :smitten:

Bonus news tho, little Travis took a crackin 2nd, go lil peep  :4_17_5: :smitten:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 08:25 AM »
Results so far lifted from Talk:

30-39 TJ Baldwin, Reidy
40+-44 Jon Moore, Lee Alexander
45+ Ady Warden, Phil Beer

Masters
Matt Barnard

Word is Kdub has bruised ribs but OK according to JP Mulisha.  Hope he can ride today.  Well done to Jon Moore flying the flag for Dialled bikes.  Be interested to know how many riders in 45+ as this is a new group split for 2009.   Seems like the new "bloc racing" isn't going down too well as the second group isn't that big and the races are rolling around too quickly.  Other than that the meeting sounds like a cracker with c480 riders.  Humps

thecrooch

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 02:01 PM »
What's Bloc Racing Alan?

Keith injuring himself in the first of a double header does bring up my one concern about holding two nationals over a weekend....  take yourself out in the first and your weekend is buggered...

« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 02:07 PM by Crooch »

moomin

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 05:25 PM »
The reason behond double headers was to allow families to lower costs as travel to 10 individual rounds gets very pricey, a single header at Hartlepool really put the knife in a lot of coffins last year.  True if you're injured and cant race your weekend is buggered but it also means you've gotta up your game for the next 4 double headers with 8 out of 10 rounds counting  :daumenhoch:

kdubbmx

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 09:25 PM »
Travis beat Alex Brookes in a moto (unbeaten before i think) and ran him so close in sundays final thet the commentator left it up to the line judges!!

Made me very proud.  :smitten:

Fantastic national(s), painfull for me but thats racing.  :daumenhoch:

I must learn to count though as i cruised round in my semi on sat in an easy relaxed 4th place even talking to the guy in front of me, then realised after the race that i was actually in 5th!!!!  :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 10:22 PM »
What's Bloc Racing Alan?

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong but I understand you take groups of classes, eg all classes under 15 years of age, and run their motos and then runthe other 'bloc' next.  Then you run 'bloc 1 semis and Finals and ditto for bloc 2. Means you can tell sponsors to turn up at say 3 o'clock to see the 'big guns' rather than watch the kids classes.  That's the theory anyway.  In practice it means HUGE waiting time whilst other bloc races before your next run.  Not proving popular if comments on Talk are anything to go by.  Humps

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 10:23 PM »

I must learn to count though as i cruised round in my semi on sat in an easy relaxed 4th place even talking to the guy in front of me, then realised after the race that i was actually in 5th!!!!  :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

ooops  :LolLolLolLol:

bof

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 05:47 PM »
It was an excellent weekend at derby , good to meet up with the fellow radbmx members , spillers , teharve, billy stupp, mike@dialled , dingo among many . Meeting and chatting with fellow radsters really does make the weekend worthwhile.
Oh and the less said about the results the better . :)
Bloc racing ( why is there no K in bloc we are english arent we.) in my opinion just doesnt work , we dont have enough people racing to warrant it. I had heard that an official complaint had been put in but dont know if this is true.

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 06:06 PM »
excellent weekend and great to talk to so many radsters :daumenhoch:
racing 40+ was great and more enjoyable than 30-39cr roll on Burnham national  :daumenhoch:

not sure the bloc racing worked though

keep it lit!

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 09:25 PM »

great day out it was !!  :4_17_5:

ade  :daumenhoch:

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 10:44 AM »
Had a great weekend. Got absolutely walloped in 30-39 cruisers  :'(   , roll on next year for 40+  :daumenhoch:

With my daughter racing and being with the missus and the other two kids didn't really get chance to hunt out any fellow radsters, everything just seemed really rushed. Especially with me racing and then my daughter about 10 races apart it was just manic.

I don't like the bloc racin :(

Andy.   

moley

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2009, 01:58 PM »
Andy!!  Was ya spewing between motos?

I saw the results on BCF!!

It looked very competitive!!  :-\

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2009, 02:48 PM »
Andy!!  Was ya spewing between motos?

I saw the results on BCF!!

It looked very competitive!!  :-\

Not quite spewin Moley, I think that was the bloc 2 racers who had hardly anytime between motos.

Competitive is an understatement, they were fast as :buck2: I will just have to try harder  :)

See you Sunday.

KGB Matt

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2009, 06:47 AM »
Had a great weekend. Got absolutely walloped in 30-39 cruisers  :'(   , roll on next year for 40+  :daumenhoch:

With my daughter racing and being with the missus and the other two kids didn't really get chance to hunt out any fellow radsters, everything just seemed really rushed. Especially with me racing and then my daughter about 10 races apart it was just manic.

Andy.  

Next time look for the BadBMX Gazeebo ill be ther with the missus.

Matt

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2009, 09:34 AM »
Had a great weekend. Got absolutely walloped in 30-39 cruisers  :'(   , roll on next year for 40+  :daumenhoch:

Andy.  

Next time look for the BadBMX Gazeebo ill be ther with the missus.

Matt

Will do  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Good Luck to all the Radsters going to Derby National

gfxgfx
gfx gfx