gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 07:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  gyro set up
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: gyro set up  (Read 2498 times)

Offline Wadz

• Rockwalk
  • Ride Ride Ride!!
  • Rated:
gyro set up
« on: April 12, 2009, 04:07 PM »
got a gyro on  my rider but have trouble setting it up correctly, doesnt seem to pull on rear brake enough to lock it
before it reaches the maximum travel on the gyro collar  ,does that make sense  :-\
the brakes were wicked pre gyro,
the top  cable is quite short  could that cause the  problem.
also got a fish bone ufo would that be better ???

Voodoocars

Re: gyro set up
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 07:46 PM »
Check that the join where the cables go from 2 - 1 is not bottoming out.Thats the black barrel thing on the cables.I had this happen to one of mine and it took me ages to figure out what was wrong...

subversion

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 06:12 PM »
without the top cable in place the gyro itself should sit directly on top of the lower gyro cable anchors (or cable hanger plate under headset cup)

It should start closing the brake on the rim as soon as you lift the gyro up by hand. This allows the maximum travel amount of the gyro itself. Adjust the lower cable at the brake until it gives you about the desired travel & then install the top cable & adjust until there is no 'play' in both the top outer cables & the brake lever & then lock all the adjusters off.

Bin the fishbone dude ;)

aditup 2234

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 06:02 PM »
Bin the Giro!
You will never get a brake 100% with it fitted, you may get the brake to work, but never to its full potential. You will know what I mean if you have ever rode a bike with no giro, fitted with Linear slick cables!
Ad  :daumenhoch:

subversion

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 10:21 PM »
You throw down the gauntlet & I accept your challenge :daumenhoch:

My gyro is set up with dual cable throughout & uses linear outers for the top & bottom cable runs & has all the stopping power I could ever need  :-*

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  gyro set up

gfxgfx
gfx gfx