gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 08:19 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Twin Top Tubes Coming Back...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Twin Top Tubes Coming Back...  (Read 22448 times)

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: Twin Top Tubes Coming Back...
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2009, 08:47 PM »
I'd like to see it in person, rather than the artistic photo's. Personally I used to have a Torker with twin top tubes so like Bru says holds a certain memory. I'm 37 and like the retro look. My current race cruiser.

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2009, 09:31 PM »
No other pics sadly. Will do some digging...

There is a pic of it on the back cover of the latest (?) Ride. Its someone doing a lookdown over a set of doubles. You cant see the double toptube much, all you can see is that the seat stays come next to the seat tube. Its quite cool that they aint even making a thing about it in that add, its just someone riding one.

That was well spotted dude, its been my bog read for a couple of weeks now and i hadnt noticed

I like it, theres nowt wrong with being differant...  :daumenhoch:

subversion

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2009, 11:06 AM »
yeah that sort of thing really, like taking a bang up to the minute lightweight NS frame and then sticking on extra long seat post, front brake, 4 pegs, skinwalls, bars forward etc

and as I said it doesn't bother me, and its an observation not an accusation, I just find it puzzling, I couldn't have put it better than stodgy, some things just don't suit modern bmxs

Although as you state, that is only an observation, why shouldn't people run whatever components on whatever frame they see fit? the whole problem in BMX now is that people are shot down for being different & there's nothing I hate more than how fooking generically boring BMX has become. Sounds to me like you maybe see BMX/freestyle as something of a conformist fashion accessory as opposed to something you want to ride & do the tricks YOU want to do in it?

Yes I'm 'guilty' of some of the choices you find puzzling but as stated by others here, my bike works for what I want to use it for & not because I want to fit in with some kind of image :daumenhoch:
(I couldn't if I tried :LolLolLolLol:):

Come back 'freestyle' - I miss you so....

Ride on

Offline gavprimo

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2009, 12:04 PM »
 Sounds to me like you maybe see BMX/freestyle as something of a conformist fashion accessory as opposed to something you want to ride & do the tricks YOU want to do in it?

[/quote]

er....no and actually I think thats a bit unnecessary tbh
i ride what I like when I like, I'm not great or anything, and my bike is in no way bang up to the minute new school,

although it is black (its a metal burma, they only came in black), has a low seat (cos I'm not that tall) and big bars (which have weirdly actually made me ride much better) :-X
cheers

lodge

« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2009, 12:25 PM »
On the point of high seats, for some riders they have rode with their seat at a certain height since they began riding and their riding has developed in such a way that their seat actually aids their riding due to the fact their seat can be pinched by their knees, if you have only ever known slammed seats this is difficult to understand but an example is when doing no footed jumps the rider on landing would pinch their seat between their knees which would assist in them not slipping their pedals.
For such a rider to slam their seat it would be like learning to ride all over again and why so their bike looks like every other at the park.

Front brakes, if a rider has rode for the best part of 30 years with a front brake he's likely to have a bag full of front brake tricks so to remove his front brake he's gonna lose all his front brake tricks, why would he want to learn foot jam nose picks when he can do braked nose picks.

I'm not being defensive as I love n/s bmx, I'm just trying to explain why some of the n/s bikes on here look the way they do. :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2009, 01:39 PM »
i think the long seat posts and front brakes look and work fine.........after all watching Alex ride and doing stuff with his front brake is joy to watch!   :4_17_5:

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2009, 02:19 PM »
I'm all for twin t/t & bashguards  :daumenhoch: At least they still look like a bmx, n/s bikes are starting to look more & more like the 20" trial bikes...
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Stella Dave

« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2009, 05:00 PM »
Where have you been Stodgy, posted this up on BW while back!

Cant see point of it but it's growing on me, I'm sure they'll sell well as the kids are mostly all into their fashion items and a few older folk seem to like it.
Pretty sure I read it IS going into production.

subversion

« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2009, 09:48 PM »
Sounds to me like you maybe see BMX/freestyle as something of a conformist fashion accessory as opposed to something you want to ride & do the tricks YOU want to do in it?

er....no and actually I think thats a bit unnecessary tbh

Sorry if my comments seemed out-of-order gavprimo but I just don't feel that if I want to ride BMX I have to join the no post/big bars/no brakes possee :daumenhoch:

Nice bike sub  :coolsmiley:

Bru  :daumenhoch:

Cheers Bru :)

telelogic

« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2009, 08:51 AM »
I think it's about time someone made a new school frame that actually looks as good as it rides.

none of us old schoolers should deny the fact that looks had a great deal to do with witch frame, forks, or any other part we had on our bikes bitd.

most of us on this site find a well built colour coordinated old school bike really sexy!

why should the new school bikes all look like they have been pulled out of a skip?

It seems to predominantly be the oldschoolers who build the best looking new school bikes from what I've seen in the threads.

also, between me and all my mates who I rode with bitd, I can't even remember two of us having the same frame, let alone the dozen or so other parts that would constantly change and evolve over time.

No wrong, No right, just people having fun! forgetting a lot of the crap that makes life a grind.

play it like you see it, be nice, have fun, and if you see me on the floor rolling around in agony, give me a hand up.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2009, 09:45 PM »
Here's my new school ride but built with an old school look about it.

I don't really care what any fooker else thinks, I love it, and the vast majority of people I meet, both young and old, love it as well. It's individual, by todays standards anyway, which is one of the main reason I love it so much. And as has already been said, I run both brakes because I always have and can't see the point in changing. As for the weight issue, good quality brakes will add very little weight to the overall bike.

I like that new Sub as well, certainly for daring to something different. But I will reserve judgement until i've seen one up close.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

telelogic

« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2009, 10:49 PM »
Tiz a stunner Daz :smitten:

reay900tap

« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2009, 10:41 AM »
WOW :shocked:

around a year ago I was emailing a feller in the states about building me a custom double TT frame, it didn't happen due to he couldn't give me everything I wanted for it..

I hope this frame comes in a size I like!!

I think this frame with some Knight bike co parts, plus some graphit skyways (if I could get a set from those 2-Hip completes with 25-9 gearing) would look and ride amazing... :daumenhoch:

muttley

« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2009, 10:55 AM »
WOW :shocked:

around a year ago I was emailing a feller in the states about building me a custom double TT frame, it didn't happen due to he couldn't give me everything I wanted for it..

I hope this frame comes in a size I like!!

I think this frame with some Knight bike co parts, plus some graphit skyways (if I could get a set from those 2-Hip completes with 25-9 gearing) would look and ride amazing... :daumenhoch:

I was thinking Skyways too   :4_17_5:

telelogic

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2009, 01:40 PM »
the 9t graphite wheels are going to be a very limited run unfortunately!

knowing skyway they'll still have 10mm axle at the rear with some crazy tpi that no one will be able to use without punching themselves in the face repeatedly for months beforehand!

But you're right, that would look sweeeeeeet :D

bmxer4ever

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2009, 11:34 PM »
On the point of high seats, for some riders they have rode with their seat at a certain height since they began riding and their riding has developed in such a way that their seat actually aids their riding due to the fact their seat can be pinched by their knees, if you have only ever known slammed seats this is difficult to understand but an example is when doing no footed jumps the rider on landing would pinch their seat between their knees which would assist in them not slipping their pedals.
For such a rider to slam their seat it would be like learning to ride all over again and why so their bike looks like every other at the park.

Front brakes, if a rider has rode for the best part of 30 years with a front brake he's likely to have a bag full of front brake tricks so to remove his front brake he's gonna lose all his front brake tricks, why would he want to learn foot jam nose picks when he can do braked nose picks.

I'm not being defensive as I love n/s bmx, I'm just trying to explain why some of the n/s bikes on here look the way they do. :daumenhoch:

Er....em.......that'll be me then......

sweetbeats

« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2009, 12:15 AM »
I can't wait for the twin top tube framestand revival (image in my head terry jenkins kellogs) should be fun  :coolsmiley: be interesting to see the way things go...maybe new school freestyle is going to morph itself into fragile sexy 80's original BMX..with cool colour combos and riders in factory gear boasting front brakes  and  layback seatposts :shocked:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 12:19 AM by sweetbeats™ »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Twin Top Tubes Coming Back...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx