gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ramp city
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ramp city  (Read 448 times)

Voodoocars

Ramp city
« on: April 14, 2009, 07:27 AM »
Was oop north yesterday and stuck my head in at rampcity blackpool to have a look round. Nice park , plenty of different ramps inc 13' vert. There is also a full pipe and bowl - but no bmx allowed on those ?! In fact, the place seems to hold a grudge against  bikes. Can only ride from 4.30pm to 9. There were only 3 bmx in the place at 7pm yesterday.
Does anyone on here ride there regularly?

Bettyswallocks

Re: Ramp city
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 07:37 AM »
Yeah i go there every now and then, the owners some ex-pro skater, so ive been told, hence not so bike friendly

The park is quite bike friendly though...  :daumenhoch:

It gets a good number of bikes in on weeknights, not too bothered that we (bikes) arent allowed in the new bowl and fullpipe, the skaters tend to pack it out, that just leaves more room for us in the main park...  :)

Fave bit for me is the mini ramp in the middle of the park

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 07:44 AM »
i would've thought the main problem is.........it's in Blackpool  :crazy2:

;)

Voodoocars

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 08:11 AM »
Gosh... Blackpool - thats why I was up there. Thought it was a good idea to drive 2 hrs to go on some rides  :-[. More tracksuits than JJB. And these noisy little cars with noisy 'raspy' - no - sporty baked bean can exhausts came boom booming along the front. I was in man, it was sick and I was gettin' down wiv the  dudes n bitches n da hood.We wuz crewzin and givin it large... Ha ha ha ha ha!!!! 

Ramp city looked ok tho'...

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 08:22 AM »
yeah....no dissweshpect to any Radsters who live there but i went there once about 20 years ago..........i vowed i would NEVER EVER! have the misfortune of going there again..........fooking horrible place!   :buck2:

snav69

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 08:26 AM »
Yeah its a nice skatepark  :daumenhoch:
Dropped my lad and his mate off there on Weds and me and the girlfriend went into blackpool to have a walk.
I only live 40mins away from blackpool but aint been for about 13yrs  ::) and i would just like to say , what a fookin shithole its become  :shocked:
You have the pleasure beach at one end then the mile walk upto the tower past nothing but hotels and boarded up shops and the junkies trying to flog you something with a flyer  ???
I won't in a rush to go back , i'll just hang out in the skatepark the next time i go  ;)

:coolsmiley:

dannywhiteley

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 09:26 AM »
las vegas of the north.... :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 09:34 AM »
las vegas of the north.... :LolLolLolLol:

does Las Vagas translate to shyte hole?   ;D

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 09:21 PM »
Went last night after seeing this thread, apart from work its the only reason i visit blackpool

A few pics of the place for anyone thinking of going.... taken with my phone so not great quality

Mini ramp

Vert

The room thats off limits for bikes...  :(

Pool bowl and huge full pipe...  :shocked:

Worth a visit and as you can see in the pics doesnt get too busy...  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ramp city

gfxgfx
gfx gfx