gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 08:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  winter regional 12th feb dagenham
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: winter regional 12th feb dagenham  (Read 1414 times)

wolfybmx

winter regional 12th feb dagenham
« on: February 15, 2006, 04:30 PM »
darren your now famous as you have made the news letter in british cycling
12th February | Report: Alan Humphrey

On a damp and rainy day the BADBMX Club held their first official meeting at their track in Old Dagenham Park.  With 117 riders registered it was all set to be a superb meeting and the assembled crowd were not disappointed.  The Mayor of Barking & Dagenham Council set the first race underway which was the Novice 6 and Under group with seven riders and youngest BADBMXer Sian grifford rode well to an overall 6th place but she was led home each time by Aaron Bennett who finished 4th. 

Grant Turner acquitted himself well in Novice 11 14 with 3rd place in his first ever Regional event.  In 15+ Novices Dale Steggles was 2nd after a few on-track fracas whilst trying to hold onto the lead.  In the Novice Girls group Danni Salvage rode well in her first ever BMX race to consistent second places.

In Expert 13 14 James Humphrey took good moto places to finish 2nd overall in a hard-fought group with some of the Region's top riders.  In 13 16 Cruiser it was Matt Humphrey who excelled with overall 1st place foresaking his usual Haro mount for his father's FELT. 

In the older rider groups, Paul Coleman finished 10th in 17+ whilst Paul Bennett rode 30+ to 3rd overall in a group that saw some close finishes and excellent races.  In the large 30 39 Cruiser group BADBMX founder Paul Rungay finished 9th and Darren Boughton was unbeaten all day in a class that saw many of the riders who raced BMX back in its heydays of the '80s.

The meeting proved to be a tremendous opening event for the Club who will be running further events during the summer months.  Details of the Club and forthcoming events can be found at www.badbmx.com.    Photos from this event can be found on http://www.phatphoto.com/index.html 

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
Re: winter regional 12th feb dagenham
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 04:35 PM »
ah i knew i should snuck out the window and not decorated  >:(
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

wolfybmx

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 05:57 PM »
yes a great days racin had by all did not do to bad me self 7th in the a final

Flying_fox

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 06:44 PM »
I'm looking forward to the summer one. With no wind and a nice hard dry track (not that there was anything wrong with the surface sunday weather taken into account). It seems a shame to have to manual the big step-up down the first straight, much more fun to jump them.

The 17+/30+ combined A final was a real treat to be in, any one could have won! Me and Daddy Whyte showed those youngsters that the old dudes can still mix it up no problems. 15+ novice final was mental, I loved it! The bit when the dirt jump kid kicked his bike across the track after getting pimped by the perv was funny as.

The only down side was having to look at that fat ugly bloke with the bubble cut sat behind the regestration computer with my missus, I don't know how she put up with him. ;D

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 08:31 AM »
More pics from Sunday's mudfest on http://www.pbpix.co.uk/  Humps

djstegges

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 11:45 AM »
Nice report Humps,

Not seen it before and thanks for my name in it,

Dale

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 07:14 PM »
Nice report Humps, Not seen it before and thanks for my name in it,  Dale

How could I not mention you Dale - you were the star of the meeting.  Or was that "extremepervert"  ::)  But I did e-mail you a copy so you could send it on to the local rags to accompany the pics that they'll surely put in.  How did we do?? 

Looking for "quotes" about the meeting and bit surprised Buckmore Bat and Zippy haven't come out with their observations.  Also thought Tony the mic. would have had something to say, if only that he got his shoes muddy standing in a part of the track I was told had received a covering of bark-chips by the Council. 

Humps

Buckmore Bat

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 09:58 PM »
Sorry Alan, yes i thought it was a great meeting but i didnt want to go on about it too much as xtreme was already saying i'll have trouble getting my crash helmet on at the next meet. Well to
be honest it was a great day for me. Didnt mean to suddenly change direction in front of you Kev but was trying to keep myself upright after hitting russ's back wheel, All the days racing was good including the elbows.
 Thanks Alan for the mention on the British Cycling news page and thanks for your nice comments Jazzyje.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 11:34 PM »
I slipped a pedal in practice and hit my foot so hard I've cracked my toe. It was totally black and blue this week and is now a great yelowy green colour. Didn't stop me going to Skaterham though.

Anyway the racing was good, even though I was last in my age group. First time on a huge track and first serious race on a cruiser so a lot of firsts and one last.  :( ;D ;D

Looking forward to doing a lot of regionals this summer as well as the hersden series.

Bring on race season

team_teapot

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2006, 09:02 PM »
what a great day out. but ive just been checking out the points over at www.hawksbmx.co.uk  there is still a big fat ZERO next to old school riders :(

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2006, 09:37 PM »
Well done Darren, your 1st in the winter series so far. Top notch.

I'm well up for trying to get to as many summer series rounds as possible.

I'm last at the moment. ;D ;D ;D

QuadPaul

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2006, 08:11 PM »
Think I will enter O/S at Bournemouth and take the title home as there are no other riders, that will be the only way I can win a trophy!!

wolfybmx

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2006, 09:14 PM »
I DONT THINK SO MATEY

QuadPaul

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2006, 10:09 PM »
Oh well worth a try  8)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  winter regional 12th feb dagenham

gfxgfx
gfx gfx