gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 01:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Haro Help please ??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Haro Help please ??  (Read 1027 times)

series.1.rs.turbo

Haro Help please ??
« on: April 08, 2009, 01:59 AM »
Need some help I'D'in a FST frame & forks  :-\

The frame has no rear standers, cable guides....been told may 1987 ????....frame number not visable due to powdercoat ??

Forks are the forkstand ones ??

Im a Haro Novice, my memory of my mates one's back in the day is not great, so any help would be great  :daumenhoch:

Also, what it be worth if genuine ?  :daumenhoch:

thanx dudes   :4_17_5:

series.1.rs.turbo

Re: Haro Help please ??
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 02:21 AM »
found one on a haro site..looks exactly the sam and is an 86...so that is all good  8)

learnt a little also, so now I now the difference between one and a sport  :daumenhoch:

help with the value would be good though....its been coated, been built & riden, no damage or repairs  ??  ???

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 11:15 AM »
Anyone ???.....as I'd like to make him an offer  :daumenhoch:

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 12:17 PM »
I sold a Nos 88 about a year ago with Bars for £230, so I guess a used repowdered one will be around £125 - £200

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 06:47 PM »
Won this frame from a decent fella in the US on gaybay for £23 and he posted it with a load of other guff I won, so it owes me about £30 and the cost of the three rattle cans to repaint it white....... Sometimes you get lucky, but it's an early '88 from the serial number - does it look like this?

This one is an early '85 if it helps. Cost a lot more though - was on for £130 for the frame only, but it's mint. Should be built up soon :smitten:

Spen :daumenhoch:
Still limping......

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 11:07 PM »
Thanks everyone.....cant fault you all  :daumenhoch:

It looks just like the 88 above with the LG's...but has the screw in type fork stand holes.

The gezza recons its about 87, which I think the frame could be....not sure what year the fork standers came out ??

anyway...I have a much better idea of value  now thanks to the dudes of Rad, so feel I could make an offer... if he still has it !  ;D

Thanks again everyone, I will let you know how I get on  8)

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 08:29 AM »
The fork standers came out in 85 for the Master & Sport, but the FST didn't get them until  :-\  not sure, I know my 88 FST had them, but I would guess 86  ???

Offline double chevron

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 02:47 PM »
Adam, yours seems to be a 86 model, some of them came with the forks standers later in this year (assuming the forks are original to the frame, those pegless forks are in fact way rarer than the drilled ones)

Spen, always thought your "mystery" Haro looked like a 89 invert, but your serial is confusing.. No 87 or FST had the front wrapping gusset without rear platforms.

..and Bru, your pic looks like a 87 FST with a sport fork ( fork decals doesn't match the frame, this has been discussed before on here I think  ;)

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 03:06 PM »
Spen, always thought your "mystery" Haro looked like a 89 invert, but your serial is confusing.. No 87 or FST had the front wrapping gusset without rear platforms
Hi Arnaud - yep, I recall this now. It deffo has the front wrap-around gusset plate and no rear platforms, but it's an 88 at the start of the serial. It's as strong as an ox though, so I ride it off anything and love it :uglystupid2:
Still limping......

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 01:01 AM »
Someone beat me to it, it went for £100  :daumenhoch:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 01:02 AM »
Someone beat me to it, it went for £100  :daumenhoch:

Bogus man - that sucks. I paid more than that for my bleedin' frame FFS :'(
Still limping......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Haro Help please ??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx