gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 02:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  unknown bikes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: unknown bikes  (Read 16469 times)

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: unknown bikes
« Reply #225 on: April 22, 2009, 07:55 PM »

:2funny: :2funny: i dont even know dibly sunshine , as for trying to be funny well that is all i can try to do . this thread is almost as much fun as jimmy p's " stick it to the man threads " ( no offence jimmy )  it just seems that what needed to have been said has already been said . so time to jog on pal , lighten up  :D

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #226 on: April 22, 2009, 08:00 PM »
Yawn, yawn, yawn, it's boring the shit out of me now

Bru  :daumenhoch:

my point exactly ! :yahoo_silent:

username

« Reply #227 on: April 22, 2009, 09:34 PM »

:2funny: :2funny: i dont even know dibly sunshine , as for trying to be funny well that is all i can try to do . this thread is almost as much fun as jimmy p's " stick it to the man threads " ( no offence jimmy )  it just seems that what needed to have been said has already been said . so time to jog on pal , lighten up  :D

If you both are bored and tired of this thread there are plenty of others and or can always start a new one.

As for jogging on, I am here in the "bmx chat" section having a chat about bmx. What is your problem with that? And how do you imagine you can bring anybodies Mother and Wife into this, based solely on your inability to read and comprehend the posts in a thread and then tell them to "jog on"?

What is happening post-dibly with ukbikeco and Avocet's involvement in the high end bmx market is interesting to me and affects the industry as a whole. You are not the judge of when "everything that's been needed to say has been said" and please refrain from making dumb comments about my family and who may or may not be shagging them.

Luckily my Mother refuses to look at this site anymore after before she had a chance to post a "hello" in the Eddie thread she was forced to log out after reading Pickle's comment wondering if Denise Barter, another of her old friends (and someone whose efforts contributed massively to racing, freestyle and skatepark riding) "took it up the shitter". My daughters still look in here though and your attempts at humor regarding their Grandmother and Mother are not appreciated, no matter how dull you find this thread.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 09:36 PM by username »

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #228 on: April 22, 2009, 09:38 PM »
ye keep it level chaps or i will remove any nasty posts.

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #229 on: April 22, 2009, 10:32 PM »
[Raleigh .... burners .... Death of BMX for a few years ....  anyone ...... ?  :-X

(Ok, maybe that was a bit dramatic  >:D)

Do I have get involved here Mr.Leech....  :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

As 'Defender of The Faith' in reference to all thing 'Raleigh' & 'Burner' it is my duty to protect the British BMX Icon that is... The BURNER...  :Great_Britain:  :daumenhoch:

Now back off...!!!!!!!!!!!!!! before it gets ugly...  :2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1:

jedi

« Reply #230 on: April 22, 2009, 11:02 PM »
burners were nodads- fact  :)

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #231 on: April 22, 2009, 11:35 PM »
They were also the biggest selling BMX bike in the UK - fact.

The geometry was pants and the build quality poor - fact.

But they introduced thousands of kids to the fun of BMX - fact.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now back away from ya PC's before I am forced to unleash the full force of BURNERWORLD.  :knuppel2:

jedi

« Reply #232 on: April 22, 2009, 11:39 PM »
nodads!!!

jedi

« Reply #233 on: April 22, 2009, 11:45 PM »
lol  :) :)

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #234 on: April 22, 2009, 11:56 PM »
I have to admit that MK1  Tuff Burner is a gem from yesteryear

Never had a Burner , but that one was one of my faves with a Black Ultra  :smitten:

Jesus did I just say all that  :shocked:

:LolLolLolLol:

jedi

« Reply #235 on: April 22, 2009, 11:56 PM »
go outside now and roll in some nettles!!!

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #236 on: April 23, 2009, 12:01 AM »
Do you think it will help me  ???

or just punishment  ;D

jedi

« Reply #237 on: April 23, 2009, 12:02 AM »
it'll cleanse your thoughts

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #238 on: April 23, 2009, 12:41 AM »
the real worl isn't gonna give a toss what a small niche group with an elitist attitude think. they are teenagers.
ding dong

jedi

« Reply #239 on: April 23, 2009, 12:53 AM »
aarrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  my eyes...................they burn

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #240 on: April 23, 2009, 07:29 AM »
Ooh listen to Mr.BMX and his important opinions....  ::) ::) ::)

Do you have a sense of humour or are you too busy worrying about this 'monster' that dibly has created...  :idiot2: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Get a grip man!!!  :D :D :D :D

Bushwacked

« Reply #241 on: April 23, 2009, 07:31 AM »
Oooh, Burners look damn fine in brown!

:4_17_5:

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #242 on: April 23, 2009, 07:34 AM »
Nice one Beard, great collection  :4_17_5:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #243 on: April 23, 2009, 07:43 AM »

If you both are bored and tired of this thread there are plenty of others and or can always start a new one.

As for jogging on, I am here in the "bmx chat" section having a chat about bmx. What is your problem with that? And how do you imagine you can bring anybodies Mother and Wife into this, based solely on your inability to read and comprehend the posts in a thread and then tell them to "jog on"?

What is happening post-dibly with ukbikeco and Avocet's involvement in the high end bmx market is interesting to me and affects the industry as a whole. You are not the judge of when "everything that's been needed to say has been said" and please refrain from making dumb comments about my family and who may or may not be shagging them.

Luckily my Mother refuses to look at this site anymore after before she had a chance to post a "hello" in the Eddie thread she was forced to log out after reading Pickle's comment wondering if Denise Barter, another of her old friends (and someone whose efforts contributed massively to racing, freestyle and skatepark riding) "took it up the shitter". My daughters still look in here though and your attempts at humor regarding their Grandmother and Mother are not appreciated, no matter how dull you find this thread.

Username.........could you please show me exactly when and where i posted such stuff that made your mum log off?  i fear you have me mixed up with someone else mate   ???
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 07:44 AM by pickle »

darkersomeday

« Reply #244 on: April 23, 2009, 02:32 PM »
burners?

off topic dragging?

heads up!

come on guys,
WHATEVER your opinions about ukbikeco and dibly,

at least have the fooking decency to keep this thread on track please,

can a moderator possibly remove all the burner photo's please? one thing has fook all to do with the other,

many of us are actually keen to find out whats happening in all this so if you have no interest in the matter or anything of worth to say,

feel free to fook off and read another thread,

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #245 on: April 23, 2009, 02:40 PM »
they have gone of topic i also think so they can go..

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #246 on: April 23, 2009, 03:03 PM »
What kind of censorship is that? someone brought Burner's into the debate... they got a slagging...!! I stood up for them....  ::) ::) ::)

This thread died about 5 pages ago... don't go blaming the Burner Pictures for that...!!!

I'll try and refrain from defending a BMX I am passionate about on here in future... read the last two pages again... it was NOT off topic.

:-X

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #247 on: April 23, 2009, 03:04 PM »
Come on Beard, you know it's all the Burners fault  :P

darkersomeday

« Reply #248 on: April 23, 2009, 03:05 PM »
after struggling to read through all the internet hype,palava and bullshit my conclusions reside thus,

dibly made a naive mistake by jumping feet first onto the "lightweight" bandwagon with the revolution frame then struggled to justify the design decision to go with the lb3.? pound frame weight when it came to the technical questions regarding to the frame weight and strength,

there lies the crux of the matter,

everything else seemed to be going well, team riders, video's, website etc and as many who have met daz and spoke with him will attest to, he pushed "ukbikeco" as much as he could and is definitely a likeable, friendly, intelligent bloke,
but after so many reports and pics of the frames failing his backers at avocet have clearly decided to pull the plug and cease production,

i was as suprised as anyone to learn of avocets involvement in the company and then the quality control and standards of build problems became a little clearer,

the downside for the industry is that all this comotion is damaging to future uk bmx companies, there arent enough as it is and we've always been under represented in the past so this saga only makes it more diffuclt for us to be taken seriously,

in affects the riders in the sense that many genuine riders just dont have the funds to go out and by another frame when theirs fails,
not to mention the loss of interest and confidence and possibly serious injury when catastrophic failiure occurs,

this isnt to have a dig at dibly in any way, just the story as i've seen it unfold, after talking to him a few times i had high hopes for the company and even told him to make their first frame a well built, 5lb street frame,
as for the lies and stuff about avocets involment i really dont think it matters, we as consumers within the bicycle industry are lied to all the time and are mostly happy to accept big finance companies involvment, t1 is owned by an investor, so is odyssey and SE racing!!!

lastly i actually think its a shame that things have turned out this way, esp for daz,

all because of a design decision.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 03:07 PM by darkersomeday »

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #249 on: April 23, 2009, 03:09 PM »
Looks like that about sums it up Joe. What a shame Daz has not come in and said his bit.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  unknown bikes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx