gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 02:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  unknown bikes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: unknown bikes  (Read 16468 times)

munners

Re: unknown bikes
« Reply #200 on: April 21, 2009, 09:38 PM »
It looked like a long time ago judging by the mini metro he put it in.

Maybe they didnt realise the amount an old skool bmx would fetch in 2009 :LolLolLolLol:

ps. chris i will try and arrange next week to see you for the padset. Busy as been away mate.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #201 on: April 21, 2009, 09:41 PM »
i do chuckle at that vid everytime i see it   :)

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #202 on: April 21, 2009, 09:41 PM »
Cant believe they fooked that performer. :uglystupid2:

Yes, but why would they bother  ::)

:LolLolLolLol:

teamsano

« Reply #203 on: April 21, 2009, 11:20 PM »

1, Fantastic  :daumenhoch: you don't know me, so don't assume.

i never assumed anything, i only asked an opinion, something everyone is entitled to.

2, i know fook all about bike building so have not once argued against honest critism within these threads (as i can remember)

good for you, please point out once where i've made a claim without proof of backing it up.

3, its the slagging for slaggings sake that that bores me

i don't or never have 'slagged for slaggings sake', please show me where in your opinion,  incase i missed it.

i would like to think,  (that within the context of diblys bikes threads only, not in general), that the credibility of your claims due to the hypocracy of your "why would you bother" statement and your general approach to this topic, goes someway to getting this thread back to an intelligent discussion.

i don't believe i've made any hypocritical claims throughout the entire 'uk bike co.' history.

from the start i've doubted the quality of the frames, and was spoken out against. the frames were described as being as strong and lighter as anything else on the market. i don't want to see anyone lose their job (especially in this day and age), and still wish dibbly all the best, but i'd love to see anyone show me any benefit to the entire 'uk bike co.' sage, apart from keeping dibbly off the dole for a year.

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #204 on: April 22, 2009, 12:50 AM »
i was serious, anybody want to start a bike co.
ding dong

oldschool rider

« Reply #205 on: April 22, 2009, 09:58 AM »
I know I said my last 2p's worth but I was just thinking:

When dibly started Unknown bikes they were just that UNKNOWN.

But after all the things that have happened they are without a doubt WELL KNOWN BIKES

AND THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS BAD ADVERTISING !    :LolLolLolLol:

OK i PROMISE i WON'T SAY ANYMORE !!!

Cheers,
Steve.

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #206 on: April 22, 2009, 10:23 AM »

1, Fantastic  :daumenhoch: you don't know me, so don't assume.

i never assumed anything, i only asked an opinion, something everyone is entitled to.

2, i know fook all about bike building so have not once argued against honest critism within these threads (as i can remember)

good for you, please point out once where i've made a claim without proof of backing it up.

3, its the slagging for slaggings sake that that bores me

i don't or never have 'slagged for slaggings sake', please show me where in your opinion,  incase i missed it.

i would like to think,  (that within the context of diblys bikes threads only, not in general), that the credibility of your claims due to the hypocracy of your "why would you bother" statement and your general approach to this topic, goes someway to getting this thread back to an intelligent discussion.

i don't believe i've made any hypocritical claims throughout the entire 'uk bike co.' history.

from the start i've doubted the quality of the frames, and was spoken out against. the frames were described as being as strong and lighter as anything else on the market. i don't want to see anyone lose their job (especially in this day and age), and still wish dibbly all the best, but i'd love to see anyone show me any benefit to the entire 'uk bike co.' sage, apart from keeping dibbly off the dole for a year.

1, i just thought it a very immature comment ( but thats me being hypocritical  :LolLolLolLol:)
2, im afraid you may be guilty by association as you picked up on my post picking up on streejudges post, who only logs into slag and is a twit.
3, hypocritical was a bit harsh, "conveniently amnesic" would have better suited the "why would you bother" statement, which i personally think its what kids would do, they aint gonna be thinkin of voiding warrenty.

onward n upwards, again

« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 10:50 AM by OrgasmDonor »

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #207 on: April 22, 2009, 11:13 AM »
Very Eloquent Mr.Jones....  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Mr.Teamsano.... there is only one 'B' in DiBly..... :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #208 on: April 22, 2009, 11:27 AM »

I don't know who it was who invented that saying, but it gets used a lot, and is a complete load of bollox.  If you think Dibly is happy about Unknown's infamy/notoriety, you must have a screw loose.  I'm sure he wanted his company to be well known for the right reasons, not the wrong ones.  Anyone with any pride in their company/product would be mortified by this kind of adverse publicity (aka bad advertising).

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #209 on: April 22, 2009, 12:31 PM »
There ya go...

/>

What fookin language are they speaking? I can't work out if it's some form of backward scotch or Norwegian.  :LolLolLolLol:

username

« Reply #210 on: April 22, 2009, 03:57 PM »

Anyone with any pride in their company/product would be mortified by this kind of adverse publicity (aka bad advertising).

I doubt Avocet are bothered.

It was mentioned way back in this thread that nobody "in the know" would now take Avocet seriously but from what I have seen, for the kids who were buying these and who believed the hype NOTHING HAS CHANGED. To them, unknown is still awesome and as far as they are concerned the frames that Avocet say are due here in 7 weeks (because it takes that long to "specially heat treat the tubes"- LOL) are new, improved versions and they are pissing their little pants for them. They are totally oblivious to the behind the scenes going on.

It seems to me that Avocet are going to just sit on dibly's hard work as a route into the high end bmx market and with them at the helm, the situation is even worse than it was before. The kids are not going to question wether Avocet "belong" in the bmx industry and if they are waving cash about I cannot see retail shops being able to convince them otherwise and have no choice but to continue ordering them.

Dibly has created a monster and (unintentionally) left it in control of a corporation that has no care for and no insight into the high end bmx industry.

Bushwacked

« Reply #211 on: April 22, 2009, 04:45 PM »
Never really heard of Avocet before so did some digging - well googled them - and checked out their range of bikes at

http://www.avocetsports.com/index.html

What an utter pile of shite!

I've never seen such a bad range of bikes. Of all of them there is one which I may say looks quarter decent and that is their top end Carbon MTB but even then I'm not sure I'd trust it as the others seem really badly designed and spec'd so I'm sure this is the same deep down.

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #212 on: April 22, 2009, 05:07 PM »
i have a coyote dark angel

i do everything on it and my oldest son uses it on streets and the only thing that has bust is the bb

strong as an ox

russ

Bushwacked

« Reply #213 on: April 22, 2009, 05:15 PM »
Fair enough Madd dogg - shows you never can tell what something is like until you've tried it and if it does the job then ride it, but I hope you've changed the seat!

;)

username

« Reply #214 on: April 22, 2009, 05:33 PM »
Yes they are an utter pile of shite, and that's the polite way of saying it.

i have a coyote dark angel

i do everything on it and my oldest son uses it on streets and the only thing that has bust is the bb

strong as an ox

russ

That may be true about it not breaking under you or your son's use but are you seriously trying to say they are a good bicycle company and that because one of their products have not broken that that they belong in the high end bmx market?

I don't care if you feel it's as "strong as an ox". For all his faults, dibly has left them with a hig profile company image (in the eyes of the most vulnerably naive) that they would never have been able to create on their own and they are just going to milk it at the expense (literally in £ and $) of "real" bmx companies that truly support the industry and without them we would be fukked.

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #215 on: April 22, 2009, 05:34 PM »
thing is with the angel

it weighs a ton,,and the frame tings like it should ,,a good solid sound

nowt wrong with the seat though :shocked:

Bushwacked

« Reply #216 on: April 22, 2009, 05:38 PM »
Come on, be serious, how can you say there is nothing wrong with this seat - it looks like something to cushion ladies haemeroides and must be heavier than the frame itself!!!

:LolLolLolLol:

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #217 on: April 22, 2009, 05:49 PM »
WELL IT HOLD S MY FAT ARSE OK

AND NO I AINT TRYIN TO SAY THERE A GOOD COMPANY AT ALL AND IS PROBS LOADS OF THEIR BIKES BUST

BUT MINE AINT :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

WAT GETS ME THOUGH IS THEY WERE SORRY ARE PITCHING THEM FRAMES UP THERE WITH S& M AND THE LIKES AND THERE JUST AINT NO COMPARISON

R

darkersomeday

« Reply #218 on: April 22, 2009, 06:07 PM »
"debacle"

username

« Reply #219 on: April 22, 2009, 06:40 PM »
"debacle"

The public shame and disgrace part is true but it was hardly "sudden", there are still plenty out there that choose not to believe what is blindingly obvious, and Avocet are just going to continue raping anything they can out of it until the "pr/branding" illusion they have inherited evaporates. That is not good.

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #220 on: April 22, 2009, 06:54 PM »

username , has dibly been shagging your wife or mum ? you seem to have a whole buch of hatred for the man

SaMAlex

« Reply #221 on: April 22, 2009, 07:17 PM »

username , has dibly been shagging your wife or mum ? you seem to have a whole buch of hatred for the man

I see it more like username has an understanding of the awful effects of a bad company bringing out out crap bikes to make a fast buck. Way more than someone just making a mistake and making a frame that wasnt so good.
Raleigh .... burners .... Death of BMX for a few years ....  anyone ...... ?  :-X

(Ok, maybe that was a bit dramatic  >:D)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #222 on: April 22, 2009, 07:21 PM »
your not to far wrong young alex   just watch out for the missiles   :LolLolLolLol:

SaMAlex

« Reply #223 on: April 22, 2009, 07:28 PM »
your not to far wrong young alex 

I have a MTB friend who gets really wound up about full sus, disc braked MTBs for £99. He says they are so heavy, horrid to ride, and nasty that all they do it put kids off riding bikes cos they get one, and would rather walk. I know this UK bikes thing isnt the same, but if kids save up to get what they think is a good frame (thanks to PR money, rather than design money), they end up with an experiance that puts them (and their perents) off BMX, rather than bringing them in.

Again, this is taking things to the extream, but this is what can happen.

username

« Reply #224 on: April 22, 2009, 07:43 PM »

I should not have to hold your hand while you read for you to be able to comprehend my posts, but here goes:

For personal attacks against Dibly that might be valid but you do not need any qualifications to notice that taking that much weight (material) from a frame on the grounds of a top secret heat treatment process and unknowns superior intellect over all previous frame manufactures does not add up. Then once the cracks started turning up, just because someone was too lazy or had no inclination to "get off their butts" does not somehow prevent them from forming a negative opinion and expressing it.

Dibly has created a monster and (unintentionally) left it in control of a corporation that has no care for and no insight into the high end bmx industry.

If some people need to look at this on personal terms and defend dibly then that's fine, give him 10/10 for "trying" and a little gold star. But as far as I am concerned it is the frames that are always the root of these discussions, specifically the broken ones.

I can accept you are trying to be funny, but I have been clearly seperating the frames/product from any personal issues. It really is not too complicated.

Please try harder. If you feel the need to publicly blow your buddy that's fine, don't somehow use that to question my oppinions while you humiliate yourself due to your inability to see what I am saying.

It's true I have very little respect after being lied to, having my questions and points ignored on the grounds that somehow his superior intelligence and success justified his lack of response and ultimately I do feel he is responsible for the horrific decisions that contributed the the whole unknown saga BUT I have kept all my comments relative to the frames / business side of things and not strayed into personal attacks.

It's two separate things and I fail to see how the people who keep making these "personal attack" statements cannot differentiate between them.

My Mum has also contributed to the bmx scene (specifically the part that is championed here on RAD) more than enough to be left out of these discussions.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  unknown bikes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx