gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 07:15 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish Oldschool Summer 2009 Series
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Scottish Oldschool Summer 2009 Series  (Read 30794 times)

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
Re: Scottish Oldschool Summer 2009 Series
« Reply #250 on: June 22, 2009, 09:44 PM »
with everyone getting new school bikes I didn't want left in old school. it might get boring beating stevo and paulo every week. :LolLolLolLol:

only kidding boys. going to swap about and do both hopefully. no on same day though. I think I would die

went to the doctors this afternoon after me not feeling great. turns out I have a viral infection and an inflamed eardrum and thats why I was have little dizzy spells last week.

just to drink plenty fluids and take it easy for a week or two. and stop listening to lily allen at top blast on the stereo :LolLolLolLol:

see you in a couple of weeks

teamsano

« Reply #251 on: June 22, 2009, 11:03 PM »
ok, to stop mark greetin' any more, heres a couple of pics

17+ on the gate.

my numberplate.

where i went after the race.

ill put up the finals on video when utube does the bizz.

MarkMcPake

« Reply #252 on: June 22, 2009, 11:05 PM »
Cheers gogo :)

teamsano

« Reply #253 on: June 22, 2009, 11:41 PM »
 ;D sorry mark  ;D

heres the 4th moto in old school-

/>
heres the old school vs 17+ final-

Rab-Lambie

« Reply #254 on: June 23, 2009, 12:06 AM »
Schhhtop....Schhhtop...Schhhtop....

You have it all wrong guys.... This was a very good landing under the circumstances…
I had actually taken off from the table top before the doubles. This was me just coming into land.  :D :D :D :D

I was hoping to land at the tripples but i couldnt get my speed up quick enough.  :coolsmiley:

excellent pictures guys... loving them.

I have cut the video up and loaded it on youtube. it is uloading as i type this. I have a good few races on this one video
but not all them as i forgot to charge the video camera before i left, so tony was only really videoing 17+, Old School and some cruisers.
This was the first tony had used my camera so bits are a little wonky at times but still good watching. we are going to setup two tripods next race meeting in good positions and get as much as possible compiled to watch on youtube. should have a good wee collection of footage soon.

anyway, my video is still uploading to youtube. its about 10 minutes long so its a huge file. ill post the link as soon as its complete.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 12:16 AM by Rab-Lambie »

Davey

« Reply #255 on: June 23, 2009, 07:35 AM »
Nice bike Mark. The big Q is ....will you keep it......will you split it .......will you sell for profit. The latter is the best bet.  U better not give me and KH your plague. :buck2:

Rab yer pic is the biz man. Get a wee cheeky pair of Vans from TK Max for around £12-£15 . They will give better grip on the pedals. Thats good comin from me  :idiot2:

News on the shooder : SAME. IT IS F*CKED. I will race untill it pulls then I will stop. Simples. :-\.

Starting some work now so I better get aff this site b4 the boss comes in.

Rab-Lambie

« Reply #256 on: June 23, 2009, 02:08 PM »
Well the video has failed to upload after 2.5 hours! nightmare... ill reload it tonight after work.

davey i just ordered a pair of vans, a pair of shorts to help with my large/bulk shin/knee protectors, a pair of oddessey black widow aa pro pedals and a 17 & 18 tooth freewheels.

so i have no more excuses other than im shite!  :D

Niall76

« Reply #257 on: June 23, 2009, 06:16 PM »
Some great videos there, can't wait to see the rest.

Davey, that's bad news about your shoulder mate, you're quality to watch racing too.

I know the gate won't be running on Thursday but I'm heading over anyway, anyone else fancy it?

Stevo

« Reply #258 on: June 23, 2009, 07:23 PM »
All the footage I have from Sunday 21 is now up on http://www.youtube.com/bmxracingscotland There's a few spills in the cursiers and 17+ class.

Added the B final from MK08, where Kenny H finishes second. Billy Stupple finishes first. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2_54C9x0LY

Had a few kind comments via the site recently. Looks like our efforts are getting noticed.
Hi guys, Just a quick one to say I'm impressed with how things are going up there, the track looks as good as ever and the site is superb, a sure sign that Scottish BMX racing is heading in the right direction under you guys… keep up the good work and hopefully I'll be back for another stint at the track in the future! Stu Dixon
Hello Kenny, I was up at the track today, 24 years since I first photographed you. I was amazed at what I saw. It was great to see so many people of all age groups enjoying themselves. Thank you for the interview for our DVD 'Clydebank Through A Lens' which will have footage of your tremendous club on it. Thanks Owen
Work on the BMX Racing Scotland social site can start now. You will all receive an invite to join in the next few days. :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 07:31 PM by Stevo »

Rab-Lambie

« Reply #259 on: June 23, 2009, 09:32 PM »
i know the gate won't be running on Thursday but I'm heading over anyway, anyone else fancy it?

ill be over thursday night around 7pm 'ish... earlier if i can get away from work quicker.
if weather isnt good ill head to the gym instead but been told its to stay sunny all week...
ill bring my video camera and camera and get some messing about footage for youtube too...

the videos are uploading again now, changed format so lets see how it goes. last video was like 600 megabites!

Rab-Lambie

« Reply #260 on: June 23, 2009, 10:18 PM »
OK i have now loaded my video on youtube for all to see...
i had to drop the quality down to a 1/4 of what i had to get youtube to allow me to load it in under 30 minutes without crashing
so apologies if the video is a bit grainy...  anyway, here you...  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wisPLqHaF3A
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 10:20 PM by Rab-Lambie »

mike fraser

« Reply #261 on: June 23, 2009, 11:09 PM »
top video rab

archboi

« Reply #262 on: June 23, 2009, 11:59 PM »
Great videos Rab/Teamsano

Good fun on Sunday.

Have you seen this -http://www.interneting.co.uk/mussbmx/

Got a call from Sean Boyle tonight as he went for a look

I didnt even know the new Musselburgh track had started being built but seems like the cooncil has begun in ernest without contacting anybody.Going along tomorrow myself to check it out. ;D

moley

« Reply #263 on: June 24, 2009, 12:22 AM »
Great footage!! :daumenhoch:

MarkMcPake

« Reply #264 on: June 24, 2009, 12:26 PM »
Great videos Rab/Teamsano

Good fun on Sunday.

Have you seen this -http://www.interneting.co.uk/mussbmx/

Got a call from Sean Boyle tonight as he went for a look

I didnt even know the new Musselburgh track had started being built but seems like the cooncil has begun in ernest without contacting anybody.Going along tomorrow myself to check it out. ;D

Great news on the Musselburgh Track - those triples look excellent

archboi

« Reply #265 on: June 24, 2009, 12:53 PM »
Just been to the site of the new Musselburgh track

Looks good...things are moving fast.They hope to have it finished within a fortnight. ;D The track engineer was quite happy for me to be involved because they admitted they are only working to the architects drawing but he is a skateboarder and appreciates it should be done right,so he and the rest of the guys working on it are happy to change anything.The basic layout is fine.No start hill as yet but they are happy for me to go back with plans i would like done and change the jumps..(the triples are huge and unjumpable) but there is still a few decent jumps. i plan to go back tomorrow with pictures of track layouts/design etc. i want to try and get this to competition standard.Any input is welcome guys.  :daumenhoch: I'm a beginner at this also.

Davey

« Reply #266 on: June 24, 2009, 12:56 PM »
Instead of a pro section can we have a Davey section ;D

archboi

« Reply #267 on: June 24, 2009, 01:12 PM »
yes davey the last straight is just flat. :2funny: no pesky jump things.

I'll post the rest of this subject on the Musselburgh track link from now on ..sorry :-[

Offline bmxr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #268 on: June 24, 2009, 02:21 PM »
Ian

The doubles look perfect - nicely proportioned.......but the triples; what the fork?!?

Hopefully the JCB can smooth them out so the bairns (& the elderly) can roll them.  Is it near the old site and is it a 'W' or a 'U in a U' layout?

Also u got the XLP yet?

archboi

« Reply #269 on: June 24, 2009, 03:04 PM »
Hi Brett

Yea its kind of like LEEDS track layout but the other direction so its a u inside a u.Going to get them to take away the first of the triple which will make a nice set of doubles and they are going to put a rythym section on the last straight..Again something like the leeds track maybe.But trying to think things up.I can go back with a plan tomorrow....its being built that quickly so no time to lose. I am off on holiday on Tuesday so need to get ideas to them now..

The XLP is here. Kuwahero bringing it to my house tonight for me.Good lad :daumenhoch:

Davey

« Reply #270 on: June 24, 2009, 04:07 PM »
Maybe  some of us could make a wee trip over after work nxt week ..

Offline bmxr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #271 on: June 24, 2009, 09:23 PM »
I'm up for it, been as a cant ride at the minute - Track design by committee!! 

Gogo could offer a bit of guidance on proportions, been as he spends more time diggin trails than ridin (his bike)

This is a rare opportunity  NOT TO BE MISSED!! (once in a lifetime even) to get a first class track within an hours drive of most.

What about Sunday afternoon or Monday nite?

Paulo

« Reply #272 on: June 24, 2009, 09:42 PM »

Could be up for that Davey. Can't make practice tomorrow but I'm off work next week so depending on what day, could be worth a trip.

Paulo

« Reply #273 on: June 24, 2009, 09:57 PM »

Brilliant videos guys. Well done. Keep them coming. :daumenhoch:

Rab-Lambie

« Reply #274 on: June 24, 2009, 10:32 PM »
let me know what night, i should be able to take a stote up too...
what time we talking about though? remember its bright till late on so doesnt need to be right after work as i never finish on the nose.
i can also take some bodies up if we all wanted to jump into one car at harthill services or wherever?

my vans and shorts arrived today, my pedals and freewheels should be here tomorow so i am hoping to get over to the track early as possible tomorrow night. if weathers iffy im unsure though... but i really need all the time on my bike i can. 4 races, 4 times i slipped my pedals, broken pride and flat testcles. you can tell im in it for the fun factor eh?  :-[

whilst im here... im pure crap with names. but good with faces... but on here your names arent right and no pictures so i havent a clue who im chatting to on here unless i know you well from the old race scene.  can we have an online out'ing of all?  ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 10:37 PM by Rab-Lambie »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish Oldschool Summer 2009 Series

gfxgfx
gfx gfx