gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 09:19 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish Oldschool Summer 2009 Series
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Scottish Oldschool Summer 2009 Series  (Read 30801 times)

Offline bmxr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Scottish Oldschool Summer 2009 Series
« Reply #225 on: June 19, 2009, 08:35 PM »
yeah Gogo; firing on all 3 cylinders again - prepare to be boiled Ricer

Rab-Lambie

« Reply #226 on: June 19, 2009, 10:20 PM »
yeah im gonna fire over with innes, might have a go in 17+ to see how i fare, although i have a silly 29/10 gearing.

oh aye, good one, is that coz im racing 17+ due to bike and you know beating me is a sure thing!  :D

my arse is killing me today. (no wise cracks! and pardon the pun). got a nice padded seat on my redline and its still cutting me in two.  :buck2:

Paulo

« Reply #227 on: June 20, 2009, 11:41 AM »

Friggin windy on Thursday. Best bit was seeing the plane pull out of it's approach.

Rab - glad you got your gear sorted. Bretts spot on. Wear in practice as well, you never know when those triples will catch up out.

Having said that the third straight was well fast with the wind behind you. Looking forward to Sunday. It's gonna be mad. 5 moto's. I haven't done that since 1983.

Need to make sure we take loads of pics and videos.

Kenny H - don't forget the car stickers and the bank stuff :daumenhoch:

Rab-Lambie

« Reply #228 on: June 20, 2009, 05:30 PM »
It's gonna be mad. 5 moto's. I haven't done that since 1983.

I wouldnt worry mate, I havent raced even one moto since then!  :D  :D

mike fraser

« Reply #229 on: June 20, 2009, 08:30 PM »
hey the fraser brothers will be down tomorrow but just the one will be racing

mike

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #230 on: June 20, 2009, 09:09 PM »
stephen will be racin

and

mike will be in the corner buffin something up ah ha ha

sozz mike he he

russ :smitten:

MarkMcPake

« Reply #231 on: June 21, 2009, 06:32 PM »
Another Excellent days racing today Guy's... a few tumbles in the 17+. It is nice to see a bigger turn out each round, The NS vs OS was also a good bit of fun.... Ian is the man at the moment, how many is that unbeaten now mate?  :daumenhoch:

Kenny have you had a chance to arrange the dates for the next few rounds.

Cheers
M

Niall76

« Reply #232 on: June 21, 2009, 09:08 PM »
Aye, another brilliant day.

My Carlsberg Race Fuel just isn't cutting it though..........

Top stuff. 

stevj

« Reply #233 on: June 21, 2009, 09:24 PM »
thanks for the day guys enjoyed it and the crack was great.

Bret get that elbow fixed and stop playing with it....

:LolLolLolLol:

Offline bmxr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #234 on: June 21, 2009, 09:55 PM »
If I'd known there could've been an OS final today I would've brought my Holmes just to roll round the track - at least Kenny's given the walkin wounded a bit of breathin space with a month's rest to the next sesh.

Best ride of the day goes to Rab Lambie - 100% entertainment!!!  Jumpin the doubles on ur arse - pure class!

teamsano

« Reply #235 on: June 21, 2009, 10:44 PM »
great day again.

just pissed myself laughing watching all the videos that scott done with my camera, like rab lambie nosediving the 3rd straight doubles and me beating skin again.

MarkMcPake

« Reply #236 on: June 21, 2009, 11:33 PM »
Gogo share the fun get the vids on so we can all have a look :)

Rab-Lambie

« Reply #237 on: June 22, 2009, 12:21 AM »
well have to say i had a great laugh today... really enjoyed it but feck me did i race bad. in my head i know what im supposed to be doing but can i keep my feet on those bloody pedals!!!!  :-\ ;D ;D :-[ every single race i lost the pedals... just goes to show you you can jump, gate and whatever...  but unless you have technique you havent a hope. sadly the later was one of several issues ill have to overcome before i'm ever gonna win a race.  :D :D :D :D

I have a few of the races already lifted from my camera. will get them on youtube tonight or tomorrow night and post them here once i trim them up.
some good races in it along with some funny bits. one in particular already mentioned was me nose diving the doubles with my arse sat on the seat. Ohhh mum and dad will be sooo proud their boy!  :-[  ;D ;D

i think it was a good turn out... everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. the addition of the burgers, music playing and the fun entertainment factor to it all made it a great day. Sean boyles races were funny too... Hey Mountain bike guys (sorry guys dont remember your names), come on lads, get a BMX and make the numbers up, even if its a cruiser... You know you want to.  :coolsmiley: "oh and dont forget shin pads.... that was a bloody sore you got there mate"
Hats off to kenny hunter and co. for all the hard work... The Hamburgers and stuff must have been delicious. i went over twice for something but there was always a good few folk in front of me, so head back onto the track. Maybe a good thing i didnt eat it would have probably slowed me down racing on a full tummy!  ::) :coolsmiley: ;D ;D ;D ;D

Man of the moment has to be Ian Archibald... he seems to have that tracked nailed. by the time he hits the third straight he really is powering home. hats off to Scott Davidson as he put up some great attempts. Some nice racing by Mark McPake too... Bret, Davie, hope the war wounds heal soon guys. maybe wee Rab can rub shoulders between you both on the start hill one day... me with the upper hand now as i know you both have hidden vulnerabilities. HeHeeHeee :knuppel2: ;)  :D

« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 01:55 AM by Rab-Lambie »

Stevo

« Reply #238 on: June 22, 2009, 02:30 PM »
Yeah, good day yesterday. You did well Rab considering it's first race in ages and on a new bike. You can still jump mate:

Didn't take many photos yesterday as the light was poor and sky was grey. Here's some from the 17 May when it was bit brighter.
Old School photos: http://photobucket.com/17May09-OS
New School photos: http://photobucket.com/cb17may09

Managed to get footage off DVD so that will go up on YouTube shortly. Social site coming along also.

Good luck to Kenny in the masters next weekend.

Cheers  :daumenhoch:

tonloc

« Reply #239 on: June 22, 2009, 03:42 PM »
Had a good day.   Learned a lesson not to switch from new skool to old skool to new skool bikes so frequently.   Doing a somersault over the first doubles was fun!   Was wondering when the bike was gonna hit me, as it followed me from behind.    Would have made a good outtakes section on vido.    We should start to archive all the falls and make a compilation for an end of year booze up.   Ma brothers gaff will defo make it on there.   He promises me the videos will be posted tonight! 

mike fraser

« Reply #240 on: June 22, 2009, 03:59 PM »
once again thanks to the tittan club fot another good day down at clyde bank

here`s so pics of the day

and where is our very own SEBO going

ah i`ll miss the pro section out this time LOL

our very own SE BO having a rest

now this is my fav pic of the day

stevj

« Reply #241 on: June 22, 2009, 04:18 PM »
fek  :4_17_5:that last pic bro is a classic of Lambie's unique riding style I just cant quite put my finger on it nor do I think Rab can either put his fingers on it I mean sketchy is no the word  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #242 on: June 22, 2009, 04:32 PM »
Rab's jumping makes TJ Baldwin look positively normal  :idiot2:   :2funny:  Some fab racing folks, a pleasure as always.  16 riders in 17+, and if I had bothered my arse to ride we'd have had motos & semis for the first time in 20 years!  Another full gate in oldschool, with some noteable absences through injury, and some ding-dong battles in the younger age groups.  Good to see some new names added to the motosheets with Rab and Martin marking their return to racing.

Me, David & Marc are off to Cheddar this weekend where i will be doing battle in the 30+ both days at Rounds 13/14 of the Euros.  Should be some tough racing but looking forward to it.  I'll keep everyone updated with what injury I manage to pick up this time  ::)

tonloc

« Reply #243 on: June 22, 2009, 04:45 PM »
LOL, A would pay good money for a close up of his face in this picture must a been shitting it.    Brilliant,   Robert your doing the family proud.

MarkMcPake

« Reply #244 on: June 22, 2009, 05:58 PM »

Me, David & Marc are off to Cheddar this weekend where i will be doing battle in the 30+ both days at Rounds 13/14 of the Euros.  Should be some tough racing but looking forward to it.  I'll keep everyone updated with what injury I manage to pick up this time  ::)

Good Luck Kenny, Hope all goes well at the weekend ......  :daumenhoch:

Niall76

« Reply #245 on: June 22, 2009, 07:11 PM »
heh heh!  Rab, I swear you were trying to take me out!  lol.  twice you nearly came off right in front of me in exactly the same place - tabletop on the second straight - then in the 3rd race I'm thinking 'I'm getting the hell out of here' - haha!  hell, it made me pedal.....

Unfortunately had to head home as soon as the finals were over as we were supposed to be at my nephews birthday party for 2pm - wooooops!  BMX comes first though.... hehe!

I was over again today, took Megan over on the GT Micro (thanks Kenny, she loves it) and she's sitting at the top of the start hill and turns to me and says "Let me show you how it's done dad" - then scoots off down the hill and rides the track, little imp!

The boys had a great time too, Louie is watching the dvd and wanting to learn how to manual etc.  Reece was really chuffed with his results today - good on him, that's one real tough class the 7-8's have, a brilliant turnout for them too.

Is anyone heading over on Thursday?  The weather is looking brilliant this week.  When's the next race day?

Paulo

« Reply #246 on: June 22, 2009, 09:02 PM »

It was a good crack yesterday. Thanks to everyone who helped out. The burgers were fab. :daumenhoch:

Personally I was carp. I'm putting down to the 10 hours of drinking on Saturday, but I think the fact I am carp has a lot to do with it. Two brilliant practice gates and then screwed up every one of my moto starts.

But what a laugh. The youngsters racing was fab but when the big boys are on the start hill every wonders what the hell will happen next. Naill you're kids are coming on a treat. Can you tell my two what to do as they don't pay any attention to me. I said to Alistair to do one thing for me and that's go down the start hill in a straight line. After the third moto Colin turns to me and says "well it's a straight line....just cutting from lane 2 to lane 8!!"

Kenny good luck at Chedder at the weekend. Shame there's no live results on-line.

Hoping to get down on Thursday for some serious gate practice...and if the weathers good with no wind....got my eye on the trebles!!!! ;D

MarkMcPake

« Reply #247 on: June 22, 2009, 09:22 PM »
Guy's More Photos/Videos  please - everyone seem to have a camera on Sunday so there should be some more to have a look at - although none better that Rab ;D. I will see you guys at Practise just before the race on the 26th sooner if the arm feels better - racing was a good Idea till I woke up this morning. :)

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #248 on: June 22, 2009, 09:30 PM »
There are no gates on Thursday as Kenny is in Spain till Friday and I am going away with David and KH to Cheddar

Kenny should be there on Sunday but you will need to check with him for definite. Look out for me at the next race meet as I have just bought another bike :idiot2:
Check it. No surprises what make it is  :LolLolLolLol:

Niall76

« Reply #249 on: June 22, 2009, 09:36 PM »
That looks pretty cool Marc, you planning on running the 17+ then?

I cleaned my old shed of a GT and you know what?  It still looks like a piece of crap, haha!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish Oldschool Summer 2009 Series

gfxgfx
gfx gfx