gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 11:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish Oldschool Summer 2009 Series
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Scottish Oldschool Summer 2009 Series  (Read 30802 times)

MarkMcPake

Re: Scottish Oldschool Summer 2009 Series
« Reply #200 on: June 17, 2009, 06:27 PM »
does anyone know Kenny Scullions email or username on here. i'm wanting to find out what type of bars it is he is using on his Ripper?
Ive a funny feeling this redline i bought will have its bars sorta turning into me and i cant run bars like that and being out the loop so long i dont know of any by brand or size etc to order online...
anyway, the ones kenny has suited me fine so thought ide ask in case i need to order a pair for sunday.  :)

Rab

They are One 8" bar tender bars - I just got mine from Kenny H this week - they are very similar to the Slam Bars but at an Excellent Price. Contact Kenny Hunter to order a pair :)

Rab-Lambie

« Reply #201 on: June 17, 2009, 06:31 PM »
Thanks a million Mark... will do!  :)

Niall76

« Reply #202 on: June 17, 2009, 07:42 PM »
Aye, have a word with Kenny H.  if you have a look at our site http://www.titansbmx.co.uk/ under 'club shop' you can download the parts catalogue.  But best speaking to Kenny as he can get a hell of a lot more stuff.

Who's all heading over on Thursday?

Paulo

« Reply #203 on: June 17, 2009, 08:59 PM »

Flippin eck chaps, loads of banter on here today.

Firstly well done to the guys who went to Leeds. Showing top class.

As for the OS v NS. Sounds like a good idea. I don't fancy having mixed motos though but to have run off A and B finals, that sounds a laugh.

Looking forward to seeing you guys down the track tomorrow. Looking forward to a bit of much needed gate practice.

Rab - keep you eye on here or ebay for quality OS bike and gear. I've just picked up a Bell helmet for £18 on ebay so if you're patient you'll get some good bargains.

Offline bmxr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #204 on: June 17, 2009, 11:10 PM »
Rab, If u don't get any joy at Alpine try www.chainreactioncycles.com - the best online gear & prices.

ebay's always good for OS rides, you shouldn't have any bother getting a pro size OS frame, as most of the OS-ers want XXL's as they're a bit more stable for the infirm! - myself included.

See U sunday......unless Kenny's bringing any more bits for my NS ride tomorrow; then I might be tempted to come over - I hadn't planned to as the tendons in my arm are still fooked.

Rab-Lambie

« Reply #205 on: June 18, 2009, 12:56 AM »
Thanks guys ill will do... will check that link now brett cheers mate...

my problem with buying gear online though is it fitting me.
im a bit taller than Spen with a noggin on me that makes ET's head look normal. got a mad shape and really need to try the helmet on before i buy. crap really as ive seen some right nice helmets online. kinda thinking same on the body armour too. i want some decent body armour with a snug fit... im gonna find it difficult enough getting back into racing without having taking a gamble on ebay for protection and end up having to race with some mad storm trooper outfit that looked much smaller in the online picture.  :D

hope the weather holds out on thursday and sunday... be good to have a race after so long.

archboi

« Reply #206 on: June 18, 2009, 01:20 AM »
Just in from the Oasis concert at Murrayfield tonight. 8)

Back stage passes..Talked to the drummer Chris Shorrock..proper mental. :crazy2:

He thinks o/s racing n/s on Sunday sounds the best way forward for more excitement.

Night night.... :buck2:

MarkMcPake

« Reply #207 on: June 18, 2009, 09:35 AM »
ok so it seems everyone likes the idea of a N/S v's O/S Race so I think the format would be like this.

Race the 3 Moto's and Final / 4 Moto's  then split the top 4 from the bottom 4 in each group and race a further A and B final. (I will Volunteer to do the extra sheets etc if needed :)  :angel:.

We need to also discuss the :Great_Britain: Brit's :Great_Britain: I noticed that all the Static and Lodges are gone in Broadway Park so its either Tent or Caravan (Unless Kenny H has got another Plan)... Think we need to get this planned sooner rather than later.

Stevo, did you manage to get the video's of the last round on-line yet?

Offline bmxr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #208 on: June 18, 2009, 02:40 PM »
I've booked plot 804 at the holiday park for the Fri/Sat (18/19 Sep) nights £56 for a 28ft x 20ft.  It's next to Kenny H's so we can pool our resources (beer fridge, etc).  I'm taking the family, so unfortunately won't be able to offer any vacancies, but if you're going try to book soon and ask for the pitch next to ours 803/804 so we can have a republic of Scotland.

See u's Sunday

Niall76

« Reply #209 on: June 18, 2009, 04:21 PM »
I'd love to go to the Brits but we're moving house so gotta keep me monies...

Rab, I'd offer to loan you a skid lid but seeing the way you went over that first jump I doubt I'd get it back in one piece and I need it for the motocrosser -  :LolLolLolLol:

Seriously though, I have a pair of Kona shin and knee armour if you want them?  Brand new, they just don't really fit me...

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #210 on: June 18, 2009, 04:33 PM »
Seriously though, I have a pair of Kona shin and knee armour if you want them?  Brand new, they just don't really fit me...

ian was after some leg pads. so he may be interested niall if he aint already sorted some

Niall76

« Reply #211 on: June 18, 2009, 04:52 PM »
Nice one, I'll chuck them in the boot.

You heading over tonight?

Rab-Lambie

« Reply #212 on: June 18, 2009, 05:23 PM »
ill be at the tarck about 7pm need to do a quick detour to dales for helmet etc

dont blame you on the helmet thing mate, ill be lucky if i make the weekend races never mind brits! lol

redline proline pro bike arrived today. seems  like a decent bike to get me going... got it all assembled but a wee tad unsure on the rear break setup. its on but might get one of you to have a look and see if i have it right.  :)

shinnies sound good mate, bring them along anyway, i have a set in mind to match my body armour from dales but not sure if they have my size yet.
as said, ian might take them too but if not fitting you they may not fit him.

even if raining ill be at the track for about 7pm'ish sooner if i can get out of dales.

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #213 on: June 18, 2009, 08:32 PM »
does anyone know Kenny Scullions email or username on here. i'm wanting to find out what type of bars it is he is using on his Ripper?
Ive a funny feeling this redline i bought will have its bars sorta turning into me and i cant run bars like that and being out the loop so long i dont know of any by brand or size etc to order online...
anyway, the ones kenny has suited me fine so thought ide ask in case i need to order a pair for sunday.  :)

Rab

They are One 8" bar tender bars - I just got mine from Kenny H this week - they are very similar to the Slam Bars but at an Excellent Price. Contact Kenny Hunter to order a pair :)

£30 a pair guys.  As used by me, Mark McPake, David Lindsay, Kenny S, Greig & Lewis Allan and soon Brett Archibald.  The bar of choice for the discerning Titans rider dontcha know  ;)

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #214 on: June 18, 2009, 09:00 PM »
Rab, just ignore David & Niall, you don't want one of those newschool Bell thingies.  You want a REAL BELL BMX helmet....

Apologies if some of you have seen these before but, for the benefit of some of the 'new' Scottish oldschoolers, heres a few pics I have from back in the day....

My mate Graeme 'Fredo' Frederick, 2nd straight doubles at Alloa, around 1985, on a rather nice T/A which is still with the original owner, the same spec as in the photo, including JMC Darrell Young bars. (and no, he ain't selling. I've asked!!)

Me on the original 2nd straight at Danderhall, around 1983

Me and Yes team rider Harvey Munckton at Farnham track, around 1983

Me behind Scotia team-mate David Reid at a Regional at Alloa track, around 1985/6.  Gary Kerr in 4th place.

Another one of Fredo at Alloa track

My mate Gavin Marshall, King of Dirt at Coppull Grands, 1996.  he came 4th behind Mark Theaker, Ian Morris and Fids.  Check out who's watching on the berm...

Brighton 1996 Worlds, inside the UK pits. Jamie Staff chills out on the right, Dale stretches off on the left, where you can also see the late Rob Indri. Were GT's popular back then?  :D

Me jumping the first tabletop at Alloa, around 1985

Me on my Halfords team bike, one of only 5 that were sold.  Getting a bit of practice in at Falkirk just before the first Scottish National in April 1983.  I came 3rd behind Andy Welsh & David Reid

Standing at the finish area at Brighton 1996 Worlds to get this pic of Jamie Staff crossing the line for the World Elite Cruiser title.

Me doing a Scotia freestyle demo at Ingleston Ideal Homes, 1986 maybe?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 09:18 PM by kennyhunter6061 »

Niall76

« Reply #215 on: June 18, 2009, 09:25 PM »
This photo is Class!

MarkMcPake

« Reply #216 on: June 18, 2009, 09:40 PM »
nice photos mate - i love the memories - just thinking about racing at Danderhall,  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Niall76

« Reply #217 on: June 18, 2009, 09:47 PM »
Apologies Rab, I had the knee/shin combos in my car and I gorgot to show you them.  I've left them in there so I'll bring them with me on Sunday.

Man it was windy tonight, REALLY windy, hopefully it will calm down for Sunday?....

Offline bmxr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #218 on: June 18, 2009, 10:11 PM »
Kenny u are the Dennis Dain of Scottish BMX!!!

Bring on some more piccies - u & Harvey Monkton = Den Dain & Stu Thomson

That TA is freakin high/flat, is ur mate not up for some OS action?

teamsano

« Reply #219 on: June 18, 2009, 10:54 PM »
great pics kenny. i was in touch with davy reid a few years ago, he's a right stoner.

Rab-Lambie

« Reply #220 on: June 18, 2009, 11:07 PM »
Loving the pictures Kenny, especially the fredo ones. That was one of the first guys I took note of up at my first race meet in Falkirk. He always jumped the last doubles like that. Very cool... always wondered where he went.
Harvey munkton. cool picture too, forgot clean about him till now... all the pics are great actually...

No worries on the shin/knee pads mate but do still bring them. I bought Gloves, Helmet, complete body armour and Shin/knee guards from dales tonight. However... the troy lee helmet I wanted was too small even in large. But there was a large six-six-one full face in large that fitted so I took that one. Wasn’t as nice as I wanted but will get me racing. After tonight though ill need to flog it right after Sunday because it was getting a bit sore just above my hair line. Looks like I need a helmet equator size!

Had a laugh in dales… the guy sent me into changing rooms with my body armour and I took for every trying to put it on. Put the whole thing on like a bloody sweatshirt then got my arm stuck. Couldn’t help but laughing at myself in mirror.

The shin/knee guards are pretty cool, but I don’t know if they are a bit mad big! Fit perfect but I look like a bloody ice hockey goalie in them.

Good to catch everyone again tonight…
Managed to jump everything right up to the triples. When I jumped the doubles I didn’t have much option to stop so jumped the first two triples and road the last. Need to that vice versa I think!
Still trying to get the feel of the bike though… but im getting there. It was mad windy tonight as has been said… back straights were a nightmare. I was totally fecked from pedaling. I think the gear maybe needs changed. I used to run 44 x 17 and this is maybe 44 x 16… then again, maybe its just coz ive sat on my arse for the past 20 years!

I didn’t leave the track till about 9.20pm just stoted about on my Todd. Was sitting on the last berm when I noticed a police van  :police: over at the gate hill. So I made my way over… they were out walking round my car and one was looking under it. Asked them if I could help and they told me NAW! I said “but that’s my motor” he then says… “Wee man you’re no old enough to even drive” I had to get the bloody helmet off and roll down the start hill to get the dik to believe me. He then laughed and said it’s been reported and suspicious; neighbors think it’s been stole and dumped. Then he has a go at me for parking on the grass… I just said it was a race meeting and im last to leave…  :angel: so I called it a night after that.  :)

« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 11:09 PM by Rab-Lambie »

teamsano

« Reply #221 on: June 19, 2009, 12:24 AM »
baby face!

Offline bmxr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #222 on: June 19, 2009, 02:18 PM »
I'm the same - huge noggin! U no what they say tho; big head............bigger helmet - XL should do it

I think the polis were just speccin out ur ride -  It does look out of place in C-Bank.

It doesn't matter what the armour looks like - it will do the job when the time comes, as it has to all who have been tempted back to the track after 20+ years......just remember to wear it, even for practice!! I took a dive on the triples when the body armour was doing a great job of protecting the boot of the car!!

Gogo - u headin over this Sun? am no racin so you'll have some company on the berm.

teamsano

« Reply #223 on: June 19, 2009, 04:43 PM »
yeah im gonna fire over with innes, might have a go in 17+ to see how i fare, although i have a silly 29/10 gearing.

get your car fixed yet brett? ;D

Niall76

« Reply #224 on: June 19, 2009, 04:52 PM »
Rab, you should have offered to race him round the track.  lol

I'm handing out a bunch of our flyers out at the beavers and cubs so hopefully we'll get a few more young guns...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish Oldschool Summer 2009 Series

gfxgfx
gfx gfx