gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 05:58 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  OS color combos
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: OS color combos  (Read 2835 times)

inky

OS color combos
« on: August 08, 2005, 02:47 PM »
What's your favorite??

Me cruisers done(pics soon), and while waiting for the 26 to be painted and find a fork for it, I'm turning my attention to the Nomorea project...

Been acquiring components in gold, but still undecided on a color. Should I go for a classic 80's scheme, or  tryn make it look like a factory Nomura??

I have an idea for something pretty different, but I'd like to hear some of your ideas... Thanx!

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: OS color combos
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 11:13 PM »
i always liked race bikes in white back in the day inky. mind there was'nt much to choose from. chrome , black , white and that was it  :-\.
dave the bmxing gypo

greentoad

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 08:30 AM »
Hi....

I wouldn't try to make it a Nomura, it isn't one and would be shame on what it is (a rare machine) and what Nomura were.

Nomura frames are still going for many 1000's I believe.

I'd not try and make it look like another factory bike, it would cause too many negative comments later on, NoMoreA are special enough already, what number is yours and size,?

I'd go white or maybe even pearl.

You lucky chap..... ;)

greentoad

black rat

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 10:36 AM »
With POWDER COAT ...

YELLOW with RED components (with a hint of BLACK & GOLD8)

and / or

YELLOW with BLUE components  (with a hint of GOLD)   8)

I've got a
m o n g o o s e II  in progress (Yellow and Red) ...  it'll be a few months yet - before I can show any pictures...    ;)

As far as CHROME and is concerned - BLACK or BLUE components...

And for NICKEL PLATE - RED components.

:)

inky

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 04:17 PM »
Interesting ideas so far..

I'd not try and make it look like another factory bike, it would cause too many negative comments later on,
Well I don't mind :)
Don't wanna give away the build, but imagine frame, fork, bars and crank arms all powdered w/ a metallic OR a base coat then translucent so everything matches.
Red and gold makes me think Kuwahara, blue and gold Redline. I was thinking white pearl which would be conservative enough for me, but I want something really diff. Actually, I wanna make it look like a JAG, rootbeer & gold w/ Graphites........ thoughts?

inky

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 04:43 PM »
what number is yours and size,?

It's a 20.... and I think it's #07

greentoad

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 05:07 PM »
Hi again....

You lucky lucky thing.....

What is the current finish?

Brushed metal then sealed looks great but has to be done by a real pro and is very costly and time consuming - I used to go to the studio http://www.brazier-jones.com/ quite often and his work looks great, take a look at some of the effects.

I have also seen some rare metal work on motorcycles that has been heated to get blue / red etc and that is really effective - like when a motorcycle exhaust manifold / pipe gets very hot.

But for a colour, it has to be a white pearl, it would look great, fresh and clean.

Or to ease your worry you could donate it to me and leave the headache behind..... ;)

greentoad

inky

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 05:18 PM »
HA!
The bloke who had it before me(1st owner) never finished it and had it taking shape in green w/ purple components...... That's right it's Kawasaki green

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 10:22 PM »
Inky, off the topic, is that your Trans Am? got any more pics?

inky

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 11:34 PM »
Inky, off the topic, is that your Trans Am? got any more pics?
Naw..... I wish!! Just a pic of the fire chicken to let you know what's up :D

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005, 01:34 AM »
Friend of mine had one in the late 80's, nuffin sounds like a Firebird :)

greentoad

Firebird
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2005, 11:31 PM »
Hi all

Yes, they do sound sweet, a good friend of mine had a mint Firebird Formula 400 with straight through pipes and cherry bombs in the late 80's, it used to spit fire at roundabouts and drink the gas.....the burn outs and smoke were amazing.

Great car for the Grin Factor, we took it to North Weald for a Run What You Brung and got wipped by a tweaked Beetle on mini wheels, the Firebird was just spinning..............

inky

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2005, 06:35 PM »
Did you know in like late 1970 Chevy increased the displacement on the 396 to 402 cu. inches, but retained the 396 nameplate?
I knew a guy that had a firebird w/ a hole in the hood so the carb on top of a high manifold could fit. It shot flames out of the carb!!!, and could burnout forever.
Another friend had a 75 Trans Am w/ a 65 all alloy 327. I could burn 1st, 2nd, & 3rd for 50 yards  :o Problem was the bracket holding the alternator would bend and lose the belt b/c the aluminum block would get so HOT!!

What do you guys think about royal purple on the Nomorea? Try n make it look like the purple annodize?I think with gold & Graphites it would kind of gaudy, whaddya think?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  OS color combos

gfxgfx
gfx gfx