gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 04:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Old Skool Pics
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old Skool Pics  (Read 2191 times)

OTTDan

Old Skool Pics
« on: March 21, 2009, 11:00 PM »

« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 10:53 PM by OSDan »

donkeybambam

Re: Old Skool Pics
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 11:15 PM »
they look the NUTS.......... :daumenhoch:
the good old days hey,

kdubbmx

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 11:16 PM »
Pic 1, Matt Oakley

Pic 2, Sam Jarvis & Russ Swift being beaten by someone unknown to me.

Pic 3, my first race!! on the kart track at Buckmore park (the bmx track was too muddy) can see Dave Young in the background

pic 5, Holland? My team mate Ben Swift in 3rd place.

pic 8, Craig Strong wheelieing without front wheel with my other teammate Greg Alderman riding behind him.

Keep e'm coming.  :)

kdubbmx

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 11:27 PM »
Are you sure about the date of the wheelie as Craig was in my age group & we all had our ranking numbers by early 82 and had stopped using our ukbmx numbers by then.

I went to the worlds with Andy Oldham just after that pic was taken (June 82) & i reckon that looks more like Matt Oakley than him?   :daumenhoch:

kdubbmx

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 12:43 AM »
I have pictures from the march 81 race, have to dig them out, Craig and i had contact on the first berm in the final that day i went down he stayed up & got 2nd behind Andy Ruffell.

Nearly 30 years ago!!!!!!!!!  :shocked:

DR VINOAH

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 06:38 PM »
wikid pix dan :coolsmiley:
& keith thats some memory you got :coolsmiley:

funny though as i looked at the pic with Dave Young
i spotted him b4 i even looked at the race action

kdubbmx

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 07:15 PM »
I wonder how many people that were at that race on the go-kart track at Buckmore are still racing (like me) or even involved in bmx at all.

It wasnt the first race ever in the UK but was one of the first.

I have so many memories of that day as it was my first race but i'd love to hear some from others?

Anyone???????????????? ???

gossa

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 12:09 AM »
Let's not forget OT Cycles Colin Sharp in those Buckmore pics (Rest his soul).....

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 04:15 PM »
Pretty sure thats Andy Oldham guys..... if you check here

http://www.dtrcartwright.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Burner/team00.htm

You'll see Andy Standing Up... Why?

Because John Lee is sat on his Bike...No3   John had to be sitting down for the Team shot as he was miles taller..

Andy ran number 3 at that time..Matt was number one pretty sure...  ???

Could be wrong though..

Great pics in any case... Thanks for posting!  :daumenhoch:

Ever seen that program..."World War II in Colour" ?  ;D  Lookin at those pics is scary, as Keith said..nearly 30 YEARS AGO!!!  :shocked:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 09:29 PM »
I wonder how many people that were at that race on the go-kart track at Buckmore are still racing (like me) or even involved in bmx at all.

I have so many memories of that day as it was my first race but i'd love to hear some from others?

I was there Keith, I remember turning up to see 3 kids completly covered in mud where they had been practicing on the dirt track before it was decided that it was too muddy  :LolLolLolLol:

The picture of Craid Strong was taken on a different day though, I can remember being there on that day too, and the kid to his left in the Team Taylor top is one of Dave Taylors sons ( Dave Taylor had the first off road motorbike park) and I was a member of that team for a while  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

kamodo

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 11:37 AM »
You beat me to it Cive, Colin Sharps old shop was packed to the rafters with goodies. He kept sponsoring races at Buckmore untill the end....good on him !

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009, 03:17 PM »

I was there Keith, I remember turning up to see 3 kids completly covered in mud where they had been practicing on the dirt track before it was decided that it was too muddy  :LolLolLolLol:

The picture of Craid Strong was taken on a different day though, I can remember being there on that day too, and the kid to his left in the Team Taylor top is one of Dave Taylors sons ( Dave Taylor had the first off road motorbike park) and I was a member of that team for a while  :daumenhoch:

Ha ha, I was there that day too, I might even have been one of the kids covered in mud as they didn't stop anyone going on the track before changing it to the kart track and wooden jumps!!!! 

Better to crash and burn than fade away

kdubbmx

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009, 04:13 PM »
They sent out the results of that race & i'm sure i still have them (somewhere)  :D

If i find them Marty i'll tell you how you got on!!!  8)

I remember getting 1-2-1 in the motos which upset mongoose as their team rider was in my motos & they only took one rider from each moto as the race was so full!! :2gunsfiring_v1:

Thats three of us on here that were at that race, ANY MORE???????????? ???

That was probably about the third ever race held in the UK  :shocked:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Old Skool Pics

gfxgfx
gfx gfx