gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 08:52 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  To 'Power' that's on the 24" Curtis.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: To 'Power' that's on the 24" Curtis.  (Read 834 times)

seanrx

To 'Power' that's on the 24" Curtis.
« on: February 12, 2006, 02:33 PM »
Hi. have seen your 24"er posted on here and would like to know the geometry. I have asked gary but he was'nt sure! Am really interested in the bb height as i was wanting a shorter c/stay on my frame and 11 3/4" or less is ideal. and those Ody forks, they the 'short 'one's, about 355 mm axle to crown length?

power

Re: To 'Power' that's on the 24" Curtis.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 06:33 PM »
Hi- will go and measure the bb height im just about to go and clean it, its coverd in shite from mansfield yesterday-
 i must have the short ody forks because i can only get a 1.75 tire to fit in i didnt know they made ones with a bigger space, mine are the dirt forks they do a race version probaly work better with the curtis frame bit lighter and that. iam getting some curtis cruiser forks made soon going to get the front a bit lighter..
 its is a realy cool bike to ride and nice jump, i will try and get some recent pics of it for you. I will send you them measurements later if you need any more info let us know... pete

power

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 10:48 PM »
just measured the bb height its 12 1/8" and the rear triangle is 15 1/2" thats with the wheel right in the dropouts.
 the toptube on my frame is 21 3/4" not sure the angle of the headtube some people say it looks steep but it feels ok-
 euro bottom bracket, v-brake mounts, cant think of anything else will get some pics. :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 10:50 PM by power »

seanrx

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 11:15 AM »
hey Power. thanks for replying. its good to know the geo before i go to bug Gary. I had the dirt Ody's also but had to swap for Pitch's. 15 mm taller than the ody's.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  To 'Power' that's on the 24" Curtis.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx