gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 04:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  What do you get if you cross................
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What do you get if you cross................  (Read 1447 times)

Daletsunami

What do you get if you cross................
« on: March 28, 2009, 03:00 PM »
Not sure how many would like to see this build but it's going up anyway  ;D

Thought about doing a custom burner and decided to build a MK2 burner that was only built as a MK1 previously. I'll leave out the story and say my thanks to the guys on her that have helped me with the build

Custom Decals - Del )Very big thanks as they came out exactly how I wanted them too
Seat Clamp - Russ J
Wheel Build - Me  :grin:
Polishing to the Aero Rims - Neiljonarcus (work can also be seen in tech and resto)
Custom Padset - firebird
and of course the biggest thanks goes to FHM for the great work on the powder coating as usual it looks amazing

So the question is........What do you get if you cross a MK1 Extra Burner with the parts from a MK2 Super Tuff  :cool:

moley

Re: What do you get if you cross................
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 03:27 PM »
Nice one Dale!!  :daumenhoch:

It looks alright for a Burner!!

Sort out that funky kink in ya back brake cable and lower your brake levers and she'll be ready for Racing!!  :)

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 03:51 PM »
That is a mighty fine job for sure  :daumenhoch:

All i would do is as Moley said, ssmooth out the 'funky kink'  ;D  as he calls it... also would pull the Aeroyal back a touch on its rails as it seems quite far forward and makes the bike look unbalanced..

It will look longer and slicker if the bias is slightly towards the rear as Burners are quite stubby frames at best..just a thought.

Some people will say WTF is he on about...others will know EXACTLY what I'm talking about...

Looks great though, love checking them out with custom parts and personal input, much more fun!

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 09:37 PM »
Great build  ;) had the original of that back Bitd but killed it.

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 10:11 PM »
Tidy, nice one :daumenhoch:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Broggie

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 10:27 AM »
Hmmmm Burner.   You've made a nice job of this bike, and having never ridden one myself I have not a clue what they ride like.  But to me Burners tend to look a bit short between bars and saddle is all.

You should be pleased, and rightly so...nice bike  :daumenhoch:

I know there's people who dont like particular bikes, either because of some kind of snobbery, or because of ignorance...I.e.  'if it's cheap it must be crap'.

But to me, you can build a bike because you want to for yourself, its your dream and you do it the way you want to and enjoy it and stuff what everyone else thinks.

And I've learned to be open minded...there's more to a love of BMX than Skyways and JMC's.

Ray.

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 11:28 AM »
Hmmmm Burner.   You've made a nice job of this bike, and having never ridden one myself I have not a clue what they ride like.  But to me Burners tend to look a bit short between bars and saddle is all.

You should be pleased, and rightly so...nice bike  :daumenhoch:

I know there's people who dont like particular bikes, either because of some kind of snobbery, or because of ignorance...I.e.  'if it's cheap it must be crap'.

But to me, you can build a bike because you want to for yourself, its your dream and you do it the way you want to and enjoy it and stuff what everyone else thinks.

And I've learned to be open minded...there's more to a love of BMX than Skyways and JMC's.

Ray.

Burner's were a lot of folks first BMX, as they were everywhere BITD. My first BMX was a Night Burner, then ofcorse I lusted after a Aero Pro as it was the top of the range model.

After washing a million cars & pestering my old man I got one which I still have today.

I agree, that a lot of bikes that didnt cost the earth dont get the props the deserve, as lets be honest..not everyone one had top end bikes BITD, & most started on the likes of burner's, Pirana's etc...

Most people who comment on my bike when Im out on it say, "I had one of those burners with the skyways" or something simular. It must of been the most popular bike in this country BITD, so IMO derserve a bit of a "Big Up".

Burners Rock  :coolsmiley:

magna13

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 06:40 PM »
 :4_17_5: :smitten: :4_17_5: :smitten: :4_17_5: :smitten:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  What do you get if you cross................

gfxgfx
gfx gfx