gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 10:29 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Thrill of the Chase...Anyone else?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Thrill of the Chase...Anyone else?  (Read 660 times)

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Thrill of the Chase...Anyone else?
« on: March 27, 2009, 02:47 PM »
Been searching for various parts for a couple of builds since getting back into "the game" near 2 years ago now... been mad crazy chasing those elusive parts in order to get the build just right, era correct etc.... along the way settled for alternative parts then the ones i need either appear on ebay or a good RADster has helped me out.....

Thing is now I am close to finishing 3 show bikes and I feel flat like i cant be bothered to even build them...looking at a whole bunch of framesets and parts I've worked hard to collect and even restore what was mine from the early 80's.

Last time I felt like this was when I chased after a woman for 6 months to get a date...yet when she finally agreed, I couldn't be arsed  ;D

Anyone else get the same "blues"?   :-\

....or do I need to get a shrink?  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
Re: Thrill of the Chase...Anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 02:50 PM »
Yep having the same thing now, been out a few times on my Mx and the sun being out. Finding it hard to get the motivation to finish of my 3 builds, although being fooking skint aint helping either

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 02:51 PM »
You're not alone mate.........i find you get ups and downs with BMX........sometimes you want to sell up and say fook it!  then all of a sudden you get the buzz again  :daumenhoch:

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 02:59 PM »

Definately know what you mean. There is nothing better that bidding for that elusive item and then waiting eagerly for the postman to arrive and getting all exited opening it up.  Then when you have all the bits you get all excited building it up.

You then look at it for a couple of weeks, add up what you paid for it all and say wtf!! take it apart and then lob it in your Mum and Dad's loft !

It is Better to Travel Hopefully...
... than to arrive.

Very true.

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 03:00 PM »
Finishing this gen 1 is giving me the buzz at the moment, and there's loads of resto to be done with that also so its keeping me busy. For some parts on other bikes i've just given up looking, but I've managed to secure some alloy hubbed red tuffs and that's something i've been after for ages, so well happy about that. Like everyone its swings and roundabouts, but overall i'm glad i'm still building but it won't last long with the bubba on the way :D

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 03:02 PM »
It comes in waves mate, some last longer than others.

Getting motivated can be a challenge at times, but MK is not that far away now, so it's time to get a move on :daumenhoch:

"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

mark 2

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 03:07 PM »
I'm satisfied with the bikes I've got and can't be arsed with the chase any more so given up building and just enjoy what's here - it's had 5 years off me, it's kinda nice having a bit more money in the bank and time for other things.

Daletsunami

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 03:25 PM »
I'm a bit like that, love trying to get parts getting them all build up then wanting to sell it when it's finished just because I've done it

dannywhiteley

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 04:08 PM »
Its all about chasing the parts IMO.  Ive been after a front blue MX1000 for the right price for a while now with no luck.  Now im thinking of switching to red and selling my blue rear.

Its the planning of parts, upgrading, buying and selling, etc that I love. 

Broggie

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 07:41 PM »
I'm fed up all the time, no job, can't plan nothing at all...fed up because I cant finish things due to lack of moolah...fed up with phone calls, and fed up with the idiots at the DWP...fed up with moronic employers who put in no effort...fed up with job adverts that trumpet all the employer wants, but wage 'meets minimum wage'  and how much is that FFS...

ah fooking fed up with this...

Ray.

steve Beech TA

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 11:21 PM »

I know exactly where your comming from unfortunately  :'( . I have got bike parts all over my office and cant be arsed to sort things out. but hay ho we carry on and soon the bug will bite againe.

so hang on in give it a rest and see how you feel.

steve  :daumenhoch:   

aditup 2234

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009, 12:19 PM »
I'm fed up all the time, no job, can't plan nothing at all...fed up because I cant finish things due to lack of moolah...fed up with phone calls, and fed up with the idiots at the DWP...fed up with moronic employers who put in no effort...fed up with job adverts that trumpet all the employer wants, but wage 'meets minimum wage'  and how much is that FFS...

ah fooking fed up with this...

Ray.

Thank god, someone who is as fed up as I am!  :LolLolLolLol:
I was beginning to wonder if it was just me?
Most of my mates and family have secure jobs and have not been affected that much by the recession. They take a look at me and they say;
"whats up, you look sick as a chip"
"I AM AS SICK AS A CHIP, THATS WHY I LOOK THIS WAY" was my last reply. They don't comment now!  :LolLolLolLol:
Ad  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Thrill of the Chase...Anyone else?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx