gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 03:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  pontins at morecombe 80s
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: pontins at morecombe 80s  (Read 1401 times)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
pontins at morecombe 80s
« on: January 12, 2006, 08:58 PM »
any old school out there venture to pontins in the mid 1980s i done 3 years meet alot of great riders there can anyone remember.

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: pontins at morecombe 80s
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 01:26 PM »
A lot of us went to the Pontins weekend, I went 3 years running, can't really remember too much as I (and mostly everyone else) was p*ssed all weekend.  Even won the 13-15 cruiser class and 2nd in the 14's, how I don't know as I could barely stand up!

simon abbott

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 10:51 AM »
Yep I never raced there but played around on the ramps, while MP and AP pursued my sister and my mates sister. My memories are also a bit vague I seem to remember the evenings where getting pissed for the first time and playing donkey long.  ;D

mike pardon

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 01:21 AM »
Yep I never raced there but played around on the ramps, while MP and AP pursued my sister and my mates sister. My memories are also a bit vague I seem to remember the evenings where getting pissed for the first time and playing donkey long.  ;D

No way pontins my introduction to the real world, drink, drugs and riding my bike all day and chasing the endless girls..Oh how i miss it....
Who was your sister ?? did i score or was it a fruitless chase again..

Offline kusam

• Berm Worm
  • Nob
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 03:08 AM »
I went in 84 and was well behaved and concentrateed on my racing...didn't get me aywhere though as the age goups were different than normal.
My indulgence was the banana milkshakes from the cafe by the play area.  Seems a hell of a lot went on that I didn't know about!  I was 11....bet some of you weren't much older!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 10:42 AM by KuSam »

mike pardon

Nuclear power at Pontins
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 10:37 AM »
Pontins was my first proper job!!!! Riding my bike all day, doing photo shoots for Bmx weekly and appearing on stage as a Bluecoat on Saturday evening as the new intake of ladies came in.. It was unreal...can you imagine??  free board , lodging and getting paid!!!

We rode everyday on the track and (crap) ramps. I had officially stopped racing then but was back in Wigan for a national race meeting and placed 3rd such was the confidence on my bike. 
The Skyway american team (i think Billy was there??) came and did a demo..there in 82-83? 
Many a young lady took advantage of us in those days, we where very young and innnocent..
It was like paradise except out of the window you could see the Nuclear power station.. lovely view.

sadowdgit

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 10:44 AM »
and you've had a "healthy" green glow about you ever since  ;D

you've Always bin a mucky bugger with the ladies Mikey  ;)

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 12:22 AM »
Theres some photos about of that Skway demo, but I`m going to bed so it will have to wait  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  pontins at morecombe 80s

gfxgfx
gfx gfx