gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  genuine or repop pads.now with pics.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: genuine or repop pads.now with pics.  (Read 962 times)

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
genuine or repop pads.now with pics.
« on: March 20, 2009, 06:30 PM »
just got some scotts flite pads from the us.
came in an opened scotts flite bag, however that dont mean they originaly came out if it!
whats the best way of checking these? is the "hook" velcro always on the split side of a stem pad? material quality ??? etc.  se pads pictured are genuine ones.
1.difference in foam type velcro not sewn around all edges. black pad has hooks on inside camo one has loops on inside.

more excess material beyond edge of velcro.

is there consistancy of construction on all flite pads? ???
would be grateful of any advice. :daumenhoch:
cheers. rooski.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 07:02 PM by andyrooski »

firebird

Re: genuine or repop pads.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 09:59 AM »
sounds crazy but i find you can tell if something is old by the smell. is the stitching straight or is it a bit wonky?

got any pictures? close ups of the logo's

steve

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
Re: genuine or repop pads.
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 05:28 PM »
cheers for reply steve, stitching looks okay,smell about the same will get some pics up shortly. :daumenhoch:

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: genuine or repop pads.now with pics.
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 02:01 AM »
flite pads look good to me  , se printed not vinyl cut,however they were made in so many batches that lots change from pad to pad

for example ,ink colour changed alot between pads with even full sets having different coulred ink

the foam colour changed as did the type of foam

i have blue foam and grey foam in  aset of flight pads ,both the same colour pad

also stitching colour , i have original fite camo pads with black stitching and brown on the velcro

so remember that there were made just to protect your nuts not be collected and many variations exist

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
Re: genuine or repop pads.now with pics.
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 06:45 PM »
cheers for that mr waxin, thought they may be variations, more confident now. :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  genuine or repop pads.now with pics.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx