gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:34 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  pedal problems.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: pedal problems.  (Read 1218 times)

magna13

pedal problems.
« on: March 22, 2009, 02:37 PM »
hello guys

right got the new United bb on my bike it goes like s*it off a shovel, im really pleased! :smitten:

now i got a new problem  :( yesterday i went to St. George skatepark in Bristol and then me and my mates decided to go to a quality bmx shop and i thought i'd buy myself some 'Seventies' plastic pedals that totally match the colour of my bike :smitten:, fitted the left one sweet as a nut but the right one will not budge! now i run Primo Hollowbite cranks and where axle of the pedal threads in there is an insert and whenever i turn it to get the pedal off the insert just goes round and round and then goes extremely tight and the pedal wont budge! :'( :'( what do i do!!

thanks zak

dodger

Re: pedal problems.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 03:01 PM »
there SHOULD be a small indent in the back of the arm that matches up with the insert i had this with some kona mtb cranks and just taped a small pin in place to stop the movment,this is the only way i no of this if this dousent aply then sorry cant help :(

magna13

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 04:17 PM »
Would you know how to do this dodger? could i bring you the crank arm next time i see you?

Zak

magna13

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 06:44 PM »
what do i do people? can the pedal arm be taken to a shop and be able to remove my pain in the ass of a DMR V8 or will i need a new insert?? :-\ :( :-\ :(

dodger

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 08:04 PM »
i dont mind having a go for u mate u no that. any chance we can get a pick of the back of the arm whare the insert isso we no what to work with? i no the inserts are replacable but its wether u need one or not.

magna13

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 08:23 AM »
i dont mind having a go for u mate u no that. any chance we can get a pick of the back of the arm whare the insert isso we no what to work with? i no the inserts are replacable but its wether u need one or not.
thanks dodger :daumenhoch:, heres the piccies!!

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 10:34 AM »
There should be an allen key hole in the pedal axle that you can get at through the crank arm.  remember to turn loose, turn towards the rear of the bike on both pedals.

It's the steel pedal boss in the crank that's turning; using an allen key won't make any difference  ;).

Like Dodger said, you might have to line up the small hole (if that's what it is at the top right of the stell boss) and tap something in there to keep it in place.  Failing that, a machine shop might be able to help as you would need to grip the steel boss in the crank to hold it while undoing the pedal, a reverse chuck (similar to a lathe chuck) might be able to hold it, otherwise I'll be fooked if I can see a way to get it out  :-\ .

Better to crash and burn than fade away

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  pedal problems.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx