gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 11:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Anyone racing Braintree tonight?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anyone racing Braintree tonight?  (Read 2044 times)

QuadPaul

Anyone racing Braintree tonight?
« on: August 03, 2005, 02:28 PM »
Just curious if there will be anymore old school riders / bikes at braintree tonight?

Sanmarcopizza

Re: Anyone racing Braintree tonight?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 04:02 PM »
i thought about it, but 'cos Humps isn't there tonight I haven't bothered. Might do next week, work/weather permitting.

QuadPaul

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 11:06 AM »
Quality night's racing, 8 races in total. So much more fun than a night in front of TV watching those puff's on Big Brother

6 raced in the 25+ class  including some ex pro's. Bit of a mare in the final as the gate seemed slow to drop and 2 riders went over the top of it, but both where OK and finished the race.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 08:58 PM »
Don't forget that Braintree run every Wednesday night through August and they have their Regional on 7th August.  Expect to see the 'old pros' from time to time as these old crusties are shaping up to blitz the races on Bank Holiday Monday at Bournemouth.  Glad you enjoyed yourself QuadPaul and please join the fun again sometime.  Humps

QuadPaul

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 10:46 AM »
Alan, I'm going to be back at braintree this weekend for the Regional meeting and will try and get another few mid week sessions in before the visit to Bournemouth.

It's good to see the old pros and you can see they are class on a bike when it comes to the tech sections of the track if not the fitness, as most of them are flaked out on the grass at the end like the rest of us old gits. :)

Mark 'SID' also took my Quad for a lap of the track which was cool as I looked up to him as the Pro SE rider when I used to race at South Woodham.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 09:17 PM »
Paul, I got the results from Wednesday night in the post today.  5,5,3 and 4th in the Final.  What happened in race 3 when Tony Slater won then??  Sounds like a fix to me.  Lord Schofield won the final and that Jules Allen won two of the other motos.  And Sid Salisbury was third in the first moto.  I smell a bit of skullduggery afoot!!  But I bet you all enjoyed yourselves and passed the oxygen mask around after each race.  Good on ya!!  Pity I won't be at Braintree on Sunday but will see you sometime soon.  Humps

QuadPaul

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 03:04 PM »
Think they where saving energy for the final :) That was the only reason I got a 3rd. And my 4th in the Final was only because Sid went over the gate. Good fun though.

The regional on Sun was a great day out as well. No Oldschool bikes except me so I raced in the 30+ class which has some awesome riders Finished 6 out of 7 in the final.

My daughter also come and had a practice and she got her first taste of Braintree mud, and trip to St. John Ambulance but she was fine, just a few bumps & grazes.

Hope to be racing again tomorrow night as well

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Anyone racing Braintree tonight?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx