gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 04:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  BB Bearings Size
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BB Bearings Size  (Read 450 times)

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
BB Bearings Size
« on: March 19, 2009, 11:38 AM »
I bought a crank for cheap, the axle's not 19.05 or 22mm, it's 20mm. Burger.
Being the penny-pinching type, rather than pay £20 + P&P for the D20 20mm sealed bearing BB kit I thought it'd be much cheaper to visit an outlet that sells just bearings. I've already got the US cups and some internal spacers, washers etc, and the end bolts can't be that hard to source.
So does anyone know the dimensions (or the product ID) of the bearings needed? Simply Bearings' site asks for Bore, Diameter & Width. I guess the Bore's 20mm in this case?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 11:48 AM by Wayne Ryder »

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: BB Bearings Size
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 01:31 PM »
 :) Good luck with your search-sure you`ll find some though.Buying cranks with a 20mm axle seems to be a false economy,quite a few people (self included) have had the same problem...

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: BB Bearings Size
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 01:39 PM »
Yeah, I'm finding that. The seller probably just got them out of a box of old kit, so they probably didn't give it any consideration either.
Turns out there is a D20 US BB set that's for 20mm, about £20. Seems a bit pricey to me, but that's probably due to supply & demand.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  BB Bearings Size

gfxgfx
gfx gfx