gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 11:39 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Low-Rise Stem
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Low-Rise Stem  (Read 641 times)

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Low-Rise Stem
« on: March 17, 2009, 06:17 PM »
So, I just replaced my Pitchforks with some more modern ones (by Ilegal) that turned out to save me almost no weight at all. Another cunning plan dashed, much like the Primo Magnesium pedals that turned out to be EXACTLY the same weight as the S&M ones  >:(.
On these newer forks, the shaft is almost 10mm shorter. Removing the spacer under the Gyro plate helped a little, but it's still looking like the only way to get the post flush with the top of the stem is to buy a 'flatter one'. Not sure if riding the bike's a great idea till this is sorted, probably not.
Any suggestions on a make/model? Anyone got one for sale?

buzzlightyear05

Re: Low-Rise Stem
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 06:33 PM »
as long as your forks are into the stem enough to reach the 2 bolts or more you should be fine doesnt need to be right up at the top.

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Low-Rise Stem
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 11:30 PM »
It's not more than a couple of mm past the bottom edge of the upper bolt, which isn't really enough. A bit higher and I would've thought the same.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Low-Rise Stem

gfxgfx
gfx gfx