gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 07:36 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  s&m Dirtbike 1st gen? please identify + redneck stem/pitchforks/xposure bars
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: s&m Dirtbike 1st gen? please identify + redneck stem/pitchforks/xposure bars  (Read 1663 times)

thecaptain

bought this on ebay

these are the parts id like to keep and biuld it into a proper dirtbike, i was told this was a 1st gen dirtbike but after seeing a few pictures of other S&M's im not too sure

also ive got a redneck stem and pitchforks, along with some xposure dirtbars, would like to know if they all fit the bill for the right era with the frame
cheers
tom

serial number: SMD 8547
toptube size: 20"
headset: 1"
chainstay brakemounts
22.2mm seattube
10mm dropouts

firebird4130

all is correct for the era

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
i would say its not early at all from the serial 
but all the parts would go on a treat   :daumenhoch:

firebird4130

that's what i meant

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
lol   ;)

thecaptain

ok, well can anyone tell me the year? and if its a first gen dirtbike please?

Bettyswallocks

Its a MK2 Dirtbike probably mid 90's...  :daumenhoch:

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
its not a 1st gen, more a 2nd or maybe 3rd gen, last of the 1in headset ones, same as my chrome one i have for sale, all parts are era correct :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

Although most of the early S&M frames changed from week to week (in small ways), there were only 2 main types of 1" dirtbike. The mk1 never came with 990 mounts and had a much thinner rear end. The mk2 had thicker seat and chain stays, and came with or without 990s, later they pretty much all came with them.

This frame looks to be a late mk2, probably 94ish.

As I have just said on the other thread, any chance of swapping the blue stem for a different redneck? Ive been after a blue one for a while.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  s&m Dirtbike 1st gen? please identify + redneck stem/pitchforks/xposure bars

gfxgfx
gfx gfx