gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 08:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  gosport...my first 40+
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: gosport...my first 40+  (Read 2706 times)

SEARLE

gosport...my first 40+
« on: March 16, 2009, 10:18 AM »
had my first race in 23yrs sunday at gosport.could not believe how fast and competitive 40+ class is! needless to say didnt do to well in my motos,but most important,absolutley enjoyed it!  caught up with some old and new faces from 20yrs ago.extreme pervert (your memory is amazing),buckmore bat,spillers,matt french,magoo,jon moore.... great bunch of guys....and bloody fast too!!!  ive well and truly got the "bug" again,and hopefully can improve!!! hopefully see u all at hayes.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 10:26 AM by SEARLE »

xtremepervert

Re: gosport...my first 40+
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 10:47 AM »
i was p***ed off at my performance yesterday Mark and put the bike away after the motos. When i realised you were in the C final i wish i'd done it, as we didn't meet in any of the motos. Hopefully we'll get to race at Hayes; good to meet up with you again after all this time though. ;D

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 10:58 AM »
Dave, you are a knob of the highest order.

WTF is this put the bike away crap, your not a bloody professional racer you know, your a middle aged podgy bloke like the rest of us. It's about having fun with your mates and if racing for last is the best you can do then that's the best you can do. As long as you try hard then that's what counts. Above all though it's for fun.

kdubbmx

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 11:04 AM »
Welcome back Searle, glad your hooked, its just as good second time around  ;)

dialledbikes

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 11:44 AM »
Welcome back Mark.  Great to have another rider in 40+.  But you're not an old schooler any more, welcome to the new school  :daumenhoch:

And David Glendower that'll teach you not to put your bike away ;).  Nobody is too big for a B, C or even a D final (which we will probably get at the inter-regionals the way the class keeps growing).  As Zippy says, just race for fun and enjoy every lap.  I finished 2nd or 3rd from last in every lap yesterday and dead last in the B-final. I wasn't even gonna race the B-final as I was already running 2 hours late and expecting an ear bashing from the Mrs for getting Josh home late on a school night.  But I'm glad I stuck around and did the B-final, even though I did come last by about a straight.

mr.magoo

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 12:05 PM »
nice to finally meet you Mark...can't wait to get on the 40+ myself, may well jump up 6 months early to ease leg into it..least i know i won't finish last.....specially if someones already packed their kit up for the day :LolLolLolLol:

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 12:57 PM »
Cant believe i missed you lot there.  :-\ :-\  well i saw Zippy as he had his name written on the rear of his shirt.

Keith Wilsons crash was bad in the second moto, face planted the last whoops. " Ouch"
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

mr.magoo

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 02:04 PM »
Andy, mistaken identity, Zips was at home, what class did you ride???

you may have noticed me......i was one of only two on crutches, and the other fella was about 25 years younger than me :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 02:05 PM »
It wasn't me dude.

Someone impersonating me eh.  :knuppel2:

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 02:32 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

sorry it was Spillers i saw. I just assumed it was the spillers off of here.

I didn't ride Neil as my back just wont heal, i was walking around with a mad Boxer dog.

Did you see the old geezer on the VDC cruiser ?????????
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 02:34 PM by Southern Andy »

mr.magoo

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 03:08 PM »
that is spillers off here, no BIG Kev told me about the Changa...think you may well have been stood behind me at the side of the track by the white gazeebo at one point????

in which case i was with Big Kev 40 and Fiolas Lovechild was sitting just to the side of us...small world :LolLolLolLol:

told you about your back.....obviously depends on doct..but i know epidurals did me a world of good. :daumenhoch:

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 03:17 PM »
I was stood under the gazeebo whilst they were practising, i was with my son. We moved around to the first corner for the racing as this was the only space really available.

Gosport has very poor viewing in my opinion, tracks great though, just shit for spectators.

mr.magoo

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 03:26 PM »
yep, you would have been looking at the back of my almost bald head (havent had a chance to shave it since last tuesday!!) and i basically tried not to move to make sure we kept the spot.

wolfybmx

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 04:44 PM »
i was p***ed off at my performance yesterday Mark and put the bike away after the motos. When i realised you were in the C final i wish i'd done it, as we didn't meet in any of the motos. Hopefully we'll get to race at Hayes; good to meet up with you again after all this time though. ;D

dave i was gonna put my bike away when i saw how many riders in 40+..........glad i didn't   :shocked:

kdubbmx

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 05:49 PM »
Cant believe i missed you lot there.  :-\ :-\  well i saw Zippy as he had his name written on the rear of his shirt.

Keith Wilsons crash was bad in the second moto, face planted the last whoops. " Ouch"

Still hurts now dude!!!  :'(

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 06:22 PM »

Still hurts now dude!!!  :'(

I'm surprised you carried on Keith, you must be bombproof.  :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

They started the old school race whilst you were still flat out between the whoops.  ??? ???

mr.magoo

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 07:26 PM »
In all fairness they started that with the yellow flag on the first corner, don't think the starter noticed.........

maybe he thought Big Kev 40 was so slow, it'd take him a couple of mins to get round to the last straight, so they'd have cleared
Keith by then.

But i agree, the way Keith went down and the sound it made i was surprised he didn't get a ride in the white taxi with blues and twos.......tough as old boots :daumenhoch:

kdubbmx

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2009, 10:08 PM »
Looking at the comments on here an on talk.com and facebook has touched me and made me feel better no end, thanks everyone.

ouch i just moved the mouse and it hurt my ribs!! lol  :knuppel2:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2009, 10:16 PM »
I hope you let Renee drive home Keith because you was a bit out of it after that crash, I`ve got no idea how you managed to carry on racing  :crazy2:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

kdubbmx

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2009, 08:54 AM »
Were you there Billy? lol  ;)

spillers#1

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2009, 09:44 PM »
A bit late but sunday was a good day  :daumenhoch: what was it...19 in 40+,semi's,A'B'C FINALS and i think its gonna get bigger  :daumenhoch:

Was good to race darren vickers again(adure ace)been to long away dude  ;) Good to see big darren boughton(and he played nicely)  :LolLolLolLol: peter coackley(think thats his name)friend of mat french,2 or 3 races in on his comeback and the mans on the pace already  :daumenhoch:

Well done to factory phil beer  :daumenhoch: whats the secret ya lanky streak o p!ss  :LolLolLolLol:

Nice to meet you mark searl  :daumenhoch: superb choice of bike as well mark them redline cruisers are the nuts.

Kieth wilson is a hardcore bike racer  :daumenhoch: and i bet he still refuses to wear protection  :LolLolLolLol:

And mr slater you need to come racing a lot more you crack me up all day at the races  :LolLolLolLol:

We need to get tony williams down to race a south meeting  :daumenhoch:

And southern andy you should have come and said hello dude  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 09:46 PM by spillers#2 »

thecrooch

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2009, 11:16 PM »
Didnt Keith win the 3rd Moto....???  amazing, i would have binned the day there and then...

was great to finally meet you keith.....

and yes we was a bit surprised that they started us when you was still being put on a stretcher....  they just like seeing the old school have to do two motos on the trot...

ill say hello next time searle....

tony williams

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2009, 05:11 PM »
SPILLER
im a eatern boy now u know but ill be down south sometime this year im sure it will be a warm welcome back when i do .....
plus want to meet a few old school legends down like billy and kieth ill grt on my knee as long as extreme dave glendower is not near hahaha
ill see u all at the interregional i guess aswell when us EA will rule the track ...........

kdubbmx

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2009, 10:13 PM »
Didnt Keith win the 3rd Moto....???  amazing, i would have binned the day there and then...

was great to finally meet you keith.....

and yes we was a bit surprised that they started us when you was still being put on a stretcher....  they just like seeing the old school have to do two motos on the trot...

ill say hello next time searle....

I think it was anger and embaressment made me carry on racing after!!  :2gunsfiring_v1:]

& i've been told by several people i rode better after (although i cant vouch for that) one thing i do remember though is that as soon as i crossed the line after the final (2 hours after the crash) the pain kicked in which proves that adrenalin suppresses pain!! :idiot2:

Anyone who did meet me there prob thinks i'm a wierdo as i've been told i stared at people & called them some wierd names & was even asking about Les Slater doing the gate at one point!!!  :idiot2:

Loook forward to seeing you all again when things are a little clearer for me.  ;)

mr.magoo

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2009, 10:32 AM »
Yes, adrenaline is the best pain killer in the world.....

remember in the 80's putting my foot through front wheel of a cruiser coming up the inside of me in a corner.....
carried on racing rest of day, ankle throbbed a bit between moto's

next day couldn't go to school..went to A+E, fractured ankle :knuppel2:

when i did my knee last september, after i'd been helped to my feet i still wanted to race the cruiser final :crazy2: :idiot2:

as a spectator, i was surprised you carried on for the day, but in your shoes, i'd have probably done the same thing
no wonder i'm getting pressure to give up :'(

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  gosport...my first 40+

gfxgfx
gfx gfx