gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 10:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Do you recognise this wheel?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Do you recognise this wheel?  (Read 569 times)

Juju

Do you recognise this wheel?
« on: March 15, 2009, 11:27 AM »
Picked up a bike last weekend, non original wheels on it,  but one of them was for the short term, until I find some Araya's not totally unpleasant to look at.   No name on it anywhere. No stickerseither.   Has 10mm axle and 36h so old school of sorts.

Its a black rim, with machined silver braking surfaces. The rim itself has a flat centre section, but with slight "shoulders" going out towards the edge of the rim.

Its been build with black spokes, and has a "joytech" small flange hub, and chromed nipple. I have a rear, and would like to find a cheap front to match.

cheers.

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: Do you recognise this wheel?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 11:32 AM »
 Looks identical to an Alex 7X23F that I have here.That and the Joytech hub would make me say 99-2002.

Juju

Re: Do you recognise this wheel?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 08:47 PM »
Cheers,

A quick scout on ebay suggests my chances of finding a front to match the rear are pretty limited, so think I'm going to have to junk it and find some nice proper 7x Arayas.

Or find some black skyways with ally hubs.  Hmm, choices....

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Do you recognise this wheel?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx