gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 05:29 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Old picture I found today
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old picture I found today  (Read 1170 times)

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Old picture I found today
« on: March 10, 2009, 09:32 PM »
Recently my Grandad died and whilst clearing through his stuff today I came across this picture of me bitd when I rode for Hotwheels/JMC, this picture is taken at Frome and the young lad with me is my little cousin, who raced in Scotland at the time.

keep it lit!

Re: Old picture I found today
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 09:39 PM »

mint chrome jmc sean  :coolsmiley:

top pic mate  :daumenhoch:

:crazy2:

magna13

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 09:40 PM »
Ace picture Sean, Frome did you say? :shocked: they used to have a track there? we ride alot of motocross in Frome ;)

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 09:48 PM »

mint chrome jmc sean  :coolsmiley:

Those were the days Ade, I was young and foolish and still liked chrome  ;)

keep it lit!

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 09:53 PM »

how freeking cool is that... i would have loved to have ridden a jmc bitd, let alone to ride on a team sponsered by them  8)

what was it sean? a shadow?

:crazy2:

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 10:01 PM »
It was a Shadow with JMC bars, T/A Cranks, skinny wheels etc, if I remember it weighed in about 18lbs.  Even I was skinny, LOL.

Here are some more that I was sent recently.

Frome again, earlier photo, this was just as I was leaving Hotshot team and going to Hotwheels/JMC as I had the JMC but Hotshot shirt.

Southampton this time, me languashing in 4th  :-[

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 10:01 PM »

whats that picture on the plate sean

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 10:17 PM »

It`s a picture of a barber, because by the looks of their hair they`d never seen one before  >:D

Sorry Sean, cracking pictures  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 10:22 PM »

That Pete is one for Welsh Nick Gashead, at the time my parents ran a branch of the Bristol Rovers Club Shop and I was co-sponsored by them (well actually my Dad was given money by them for our weekends away).  The picture itself is of the Bristol Rovers mascot/advert at the time a Pirate wearing a Bristol Rovers kit.

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 10:23 PM »

It`s a picture of a barber, because by the looks of their hair they`d never seen one before  >:D

;) ;D :P

That is there Mr Stupple to prove to you all that I did once have hair  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 07:59 AM »
well cool pictures Sean......looks like they've hung that kid on a pole in the background on the first picture  :LolLolLolLol:

daz bmx it!

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 02:25 PM »
I remember Frome bitd :daumenhoch: broke my left arm racing there :'( over the table top I think? ???

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 04:22 PM »
Frome was a great track but the car parking and getting out of the place was horrendous if i remember correctly. ????

I assume you're 528 SC Sean, i was 548 SC in the early 80's

One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

chichi

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 06:02 AM »
Frome track...... I remember that old starting gate. Also home then to the Curtis Team....
Nices pics.

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 06:29 AM »
Andy, I am indeed 528sc, funny that we must have registered within a couple of weeks of each other.  You are right about the parking at Frome, it was awful.

Chichi, it was home to Curtis, you are right.  It was also the local track of my best mate and Curtis factory rider (and amazing bloke) Mike Powell RIP.  Our families used to travel to races together and after he died in 1985 I kind of lost all interest in racing and drifted out of it.  It just didn't feel right racing without him.

chichi

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2009, 06:03 PM »
Andy, I am indeed 528sc, funny that we must have registered within a couple of weeks of each other.  You are right about the parking at Frome, it was awful.

Chichi, it was home to Curtis, you are right.  It was also the local track of my best mate and Curtis factory rider (and amazing bloke) Mike Powell RIP.  Our families used to travel to races together and after he died in 1985 I kind of lost all interest in racing and drifted out of it.  It just didn't feel right racing without him.

Stidds, didn't know Mike but i did know of him and that is a shame you lost your riding buddy at a young age and that it pushed you away from Bmx.
I hope you are making up for it now....... I didn't race much in frome but i did spend a lot of time there in the 80's. i used to come up with the Yeovil boys when they raced.. And at that time Curtis bikes made my legs go to jelly, like they did for a lot of us. The drop outs and the brazing do it for me. BITD i did manage to beg my mum for a pro and yes i got one. Yes but years late i sold it... But i do have a pro build on the go now. Just getting the F&Fs re-chromed.
There is another team rider on here also.... :daumenhoch:

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 08:43 PM »
Chichi, Mike was a top dude, still miss him.  Definately making up for it now though  :daumenhoch:

Yeovil eh?  I raced there once, they had a mental track pretty much on the side of a hill the start gate and 1st straight was completely flat and then it dropped like a black ski run, absolutely crazy it was.

I am also in the middle of a Curtis build, which will be complete in about 5 days.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 08:49 PM by Stidds »

chichi

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2009, 07:31 AM »
Chichi, Mike was a top dude, still miss him.  Definately making up for it now though  :daumenhoch:

Yeovil eh?  I raced there once, they had a mental track pretty much on the side of a hill the start gate and 1st straight was completely flat and then it dropped like a black ski run, absolutely crazy it was.

I am also in the middle of a Curtis build, which will be complete in about 5 days.

Stidds,

Yeah i loved that track, apart from the walk back up the hill! I think it is still there deep under all the trees and undergrowth....
It is on the same hill as the now closed dry ski slope. The track was mos def like a black ski run. I do remember hitting the walls of the berms a few times stoppin me in my tracks. There was also another track over the other side of town.
I look forward to seeing your finished build!!!! :daumenhoch:
Mine will hopefully be finished in around 3-4 weeks.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Old picture I found today

gfxgfx
gfx gfx