gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 03:33 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  tracking down your old bmx
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: tracking down your old bmx  (Read 1251 times)

firebird

tracking down your old bmx
« on: March 09, 2009, 05:56 PM »
how many of you have been able to track down what happened to your old bmx. i've been trying to remember what happened to my dp freestyler for years, i remember it being in a garage that my dad had when he had his flat, then he sold the flat and the garage went with it. so i thought it had gone.  a few years ago i saw an old friend that i hadn't seen for about 15 years, we got chatting and he said do you remember your old pink freestyle bmx  :shocked: apparently i sold it to his mate for £15.

anyway, got chatting to another friend this weekend and he knows the lad i sold it to. today i got a text message with his number, so i rang him up, lol, he sold it ::)

but he told me who he sold it to, so the hunt is still on. im off to the lads house tonight to find out from his parents where he now lives.

let you know how i get on

steve
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 06:04 PM by firebird »

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
Re: tracking down your old bmx
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 06:34 PM »
good luck with your hunt mate :daumenhoch:

munners

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 06:38 PM »
hope you get it back

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 06:47 PM »
Bloody hell Ste  :shocked:

When /if you eventually get it back

You'll be able to draw a family tree style chart , with the owners  ;D

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 09:56 PM »
Good luck Steve, hope you get it back  8)

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 10:02 PM »
Would love to find my old PL20 , sold it in 04 to Darren on here who broke it & 'bayed it with the F+F going to Leicester I think . It was powdered dark red at the time . Tried messaging a well known old collector/ebayer in leicester just in case but no luck .

Got loads of old pics of me racing it , just can't believe I sold it ! .

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 10:09 PM »
good luck steve. i still have my first bmx. but my 2nd bmx torker 280x is long gone

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 10:54 PM »
Good luck with that m8, wish i know where mine was  :'(

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 11:11 PM »
Best of luck steve....... my '81 nickel minigoose went in the skip when my mum had a clear out some time in the mid 90s   :'(
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

telelogic

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 10:27 AM »
every time a curtis freestyler comes up on a forum I get all exited that it might be the one I had nicked.

so far none have been :(

there can't be that many around, the search continues.

Offline HARODAVE

• Rockwalk
  • the artist formerly known as DAVE3172 !!
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 10:34 AM »
Best Of Luck Steve, i`m trying to find the guy i sold my 84 FST  to ....crossed fingers eh? :daumenhoch:
With Bacofoil and a Battering Ram !

virtualmeuk

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 10:39 AM »
Good luck steve!

As you know my parents kept mine  :4_17_5: and i would not part with it for anything now. :smitten:

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 11:28 AM »
Best of luck steve....... My Scotia Aero, basically an Aero Pro Burner restickered, I believe, went in the skip when my folks had a clear out some time in the mid 90s :'(

Before that, as most know, I had an ET Kuwahara which was stolen and never seen again. Wouldn't be surprised if one of the ET owners on here doesn't now have it, fook knows what the serial was, then again mine was a real one and not a hot heart.  :LolLolLolLol:

My very first bmx bike though was a Puch Invader and that is somewhere in the river almond after ramp jumping into the river summer 81 :uglystupid2: my folks weren't best please. However, if I remember rightly I saved up the money and bought it myself.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 08:56 PM by kuwahero »

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 01:21 PM »
Well? What happened last night then?
I want to touch ORB

Offline bruggers100

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 09:58 AM »
I took my original Curtis Freestyler up to Hull in 1996 when I was a student and left it up there one summer with the girls i used to live with.  When I went back up there found out they had binned it (I was livid!). 

Maybe it found a good home in the end and is still floating around.  Unfortunatley, can't remember the frame number but I know it began with 'FREE' and then four digits. 

Good luck with the search

thecrooch

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 02:08 PM »
I had a Vincent Race frame which i bought in 1986, kept it until about 2001 when i bay'd it - only got £60 for it and regretted it ever since, the guy that bought was a really nice bloke, came and picked it up so that his young lad could get into racing so it hought well if it gets another kid on the track all good. 

so last year i started thinking about the frame, they were pretty rare and i like most was gutted that i had let it go - especially after keeping it in the dry and warmth for over 10 years without it being ridden. i remembered that the guy who bought it had butcher in his ebay title - i then see a thread on here from TonydaButhcher, ie Tony Luckhurst southern secretary and Billy's dad.   so i pm'd him on the off chance and lo and behold it was him - he still had it (sort of) and i could have it back....for the same price i sold it for....  happy as larry.  only prob was that he's given it to Darren Flint so that he could sell it to one of us lot....   typically by the time we tracked down Darren he'd sold it to Sawzall.... who has painted it a lovely orange colour - which i like a lot... unfortunately he is keeping...

Hey ho at least i know where it is... and the hands it is in are good!

phil you know where i am......

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 02:17 PM »
Come on Phil, do the right thing and sell it back to Si for £60!  :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2:  ;D

Fook knows where my old Haro is. I never kept a record of the serial number or anything. It was stored in the garage where we lived in Hertford and one day was cleared out without my knowledge (after I moved out) and binned probably, along with a ton of good parts.. :(

firebird

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 02:28 PM »
well, been round to the house 2 times now and there's no one in  ::) part of me is saying "what the hell are you doing" and the other is saying " it might be in his shed"  :LolLolLolLol:

i'll try again soon. the more i think about it im sure this lad had it in his shed. i remember seeing it, he must have bought it off his mate, the lad i sold it to for £15. i think he stripped it down and  sold off the parts. i'll get his number one day and see if he remembers what he did with it.

steve

thecrooch

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2009, 04:35 PM »
Come on Phil, do the right thing and sell it back to Si for £60!  :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2:  ;D

Im sure Phil spent more than that on the paint job....

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2009, 04:39 PM »
Hope you get a result mate   :daumenhoch:

Still got my 2nd and 3rd BMX...sold the 1st to help fund the second...I sometimes wonder where my Night Burner is  :smitten:   :'(  :uglystupid2:  :)

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 07:13 PM »
I sold my GJS to a young kiddy and his dad who wanted to get his son into racing in the very early 90's, i'm for ever hopeful that i'll get it back but in reality its long gone.
The only + point for me is it was sold to someone in Southampton so it could be only a few miles away.
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

dannywhiteley

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 07:24 PM »
The bike I had as a kid...? Well no idea where or when that went, but it was an Ironhorse so no worries there...lol

However,back in the mid 90's I built a chrome TA I picked up from a mate and later sold it to another lad I worked with for £40.  Guttted, but I doubt I would stiill have it by now anyway.

However, I recently asked my mum to ask his aunt (i'd lost touch with him years ago, but my mum knew her) to ask if there were any old BMX's knocking around and if there were to give me a shout.

Still waiting, but I doubt i'll ever see it again.  The family are like the clampets however, so I do have a sneaking suspision it is still there somewhere in there back garden or garage rotting away. 

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2009, 07:57 PM »
well, been round to the house 2 times now and there's no one in  ::) part of me is saying "what the hell are you doing" and the other is saying " it might be in his shed"  :LolLolLolLol:

i'll try again soon. the more i think about it im sure this lad had it in his shed. i remember seeing it, he must have bought it off his mate, the lad i sold it to for £15. i think he stripped it down and  sold off the parts. i'll get his number one day and see if he remembers what he did with it.

steve
break into the shed you know it makes sense >:D

magna13

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 09:08 PM »
Good luck Steve... hope you get it back  :daumenhoch:

moomin

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2009, 06:24 PM »
I'd love to track down my looptail ripper with LG forks.  If i remember right it was post code stamped by the boys in blue so if anyone has one stamped DA8 3SL it'd be nice to know she's bein looked after, i seem to remember as well me old man sold her for £35....................but then he sold my hutch beartraps and redline flights for £20 as well  :'( :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  tracking down your old bmx

gfxgfx
gfx gfx