gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975653 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6351 Members - Latest Member: Spencerkidd July 07, 2024, 06:40 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  So what's next...?!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: So what's next...?!  (Read 1632 times)

bmxer4ever

So what's next...?!
« on: March 09, 2009, 12:15 AM »
Okay, if I've got this right, old school is from birth 'til late '80's say '89. Maybe '90.
Mid school from then 'til....what....2000?
New school from then 'til now.

Since we seem to be categorising bmx by the decade/movement, what comes next?

And while we're on the subject, what do you think the next big thing in bmx is gonna be.....?

This should be interesting....

G

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: So what's next...?!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 12:53 AM »
 :) Will the 22" brigade do it? Dialled Bikes seems to be a good contender.

teamsano

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 01:46 AM »
the next big thing will be all these 'born again bmxers' quitting for the second time and blaming it on the credit crunch.

you read it here first. :LolLolLolLol:

JT71

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 06:38 AM »
how can you blame the credit crunch for quitting?

if you've already paid for you bike then you can ride for free.  :daumenhoch:

I would think the born again bmxers, and i'm one of those, will quit when they feel their bodies can't take the riding anymore.

i wonder if seats will disappear from the light weight low slung bikes a bit like trials bikes, not saying that's the next "big thing" but it more an evolution of what's already happening.

Bushwacked

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 07:12 AM »
I would think the born again bmxers, and i'm one of those, will quit when they feel their bodies can't take the riding anymore.

With you there - I'm gonna ride until my body can take no more. Been really inspired by meeting a lot of the Radsters - If I look after myself I can see a good 15-20 years of riding ahead of me! Bring it on!!!

I think the next big thing will be a rise in people our age getting into BMX and changing the face of how the sport is percieved forever!!!

:LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 07:20 AM by Bushwacked »

dodger

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 09:45 AM »
i think it will do a full loop and go back to 2 brake's and 2/4 pegs wether it be straight cable or gyro
i have already started with 2 pegs and a rear brake going on my n/s setup still contemplating wether to do a front 990 aswell

oldschool rider

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 10:28 AM »
I think the fact that there are still old schoolers ridin (DMC, Wilkerson, Blyther, Dominguez, Voelker etc) they should add a section to the big TV comps for them, hey the Dew Tour could be called the "MATURE TOUR" !!!!!!!

:LolLolLolLol:

steve.

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 02:00 PM »
JT71 - I think BMXPlus did a "Drag Racer" seatless bike back in the 80's  - I recall seeing a cover recently. Couldn't have remembered that far back...

Next big thing/marketing ploy/tech advancement (delete as applicable) - more aluminium park/street frames, cos "they be lighter mate!" and mainstream acceptance of hydraulic disc brakes on BMX bikes.

besides that - Cancellation of the Tour de Farce

Lazarou

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 03:22 PM »
I think Heterosexuality might make a comeback.

welsh denny

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 08:54 PM »
didnt hal brindley used to ride without seat or seatpost during the 90's. he started 2b clothing and used to do flips etc as well as regular ramp stuff.

who knows whats next- clear tyres, hairstylin kit built into the crossbar for the emo kids, buttons on the bar for space age braking, replaceable teeth for chainrings        (the body splits in 2 and bolts back together once the dodgy tooth has been taken out and replaced) grips that change colour......

:idiot2: :idiot2:

i'll get me coat.....

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  So what's next...?!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx