gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 10:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  mk3 holmes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: mk3 holmes  (Read 1192 times)

motomagII

mk3 holmes
« on: March 04, 2009, 07:02 PM »
well its getting nearer and neasreer done but this has to be the worst bike ive ever had to put together
first of all the frame and forks needed mega clean.then decided the forks werent good enough chrome wise so got naother set off here they are spot on .rednexk stem was not good stripped and given it polish.put it together last night and the stem bolt snapped and it wasnt even holding the stem tight (borrowed stem bolt and wedge for now)the wedge i got with the stem also didnt fit the forks was way to big diameter for the inch forks.headset was super super tight to fit.bars had to be welded up as cut down too small (they are slam bars and still not fitted need powder coating but run out cash for now)next was the decals cheers del they were easy he has made and fitted the frame ones for me and working on the fork ones at the moment thanks to alex for the scans.next is the cranks again looked and looked until the right ones came up as didnt wanna stick me redline flights on there looked wrong again thanks del and he fitted em with his park tools bb tool too .moley kindly donated the seat clamp but again the stem bolt is pants and the seat post is tiny tiny fraction small so couldnt get it tight (temporary measure maybe bit coke can in tube to get the post tighter and it works treat.cant decide if the chainring looks okay or weather to swap it for the profile imperial one i have ?next wheels were off har os boy and are very nice (again not perfect as missing the dust caps off the front if anyone has knackered hub give me shout )he also sent freebie in package which is the pedals and they are spot on thank you .brake is roller can and lever is right hand fitted to left side tech 77 (agaiun ran out cash for lever)oh forogt about the longnecks off generallee cheers steve

got few things to sort yet but it is finally getting there after quite few hours trying to get it finished .hard hard build this one who says mid is easier than old school i think not
big thanks to everyone who has helped me with this especially jj baldbmxer you know why matey

heres a pic of both my s&M sadly the black one has to go .

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
Re: mk3 holmes
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 08:05 PM »
nice build :daumenhoch: ill hopefully get round to building my mk3 holmes this year and mint midschool parts are always gonna be hard to find due to them being built to take abuse and thats just what they did :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

motomagII

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 08:16 PM »
this isnt show bike so used and abused it will get

magna13

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 08:29 PM »
Nice ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  mk3 holmes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx