gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 04:44 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Outdoor skateparks
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Outdoor skateparks  (Read 335 times)

Bushwacked

Outdoor skateparks
« on: March 03, 2009, 07:16 PM »
What's the best material for an outdoor park? and if anyone can be bothered what are the pros and cons of each?

We've got metal and wood nearby but as I've never ridden on Concrete I'm not sure what it is like interms of grip, quick to dry etc... and how it compares

The reason I ask is I'm contacting my local council in the near future about the plans / funding possibilities for skateparks in the local area (Following a discussion with Pickle a little while ago) and if they ask I want to be able to give a reasonably informed answer.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 08:11 PM by Bushwacked »

evamedia

Re: Outdoor skateparks
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 08:58 PM »
my 2p

wood is best for riding, structures can be moved, but high maintenance, surface will need to be replaced every 2-3 years

metal is worst for riding, structures can be moved, low maintenance, Leigh-on-sea's surface lasted about 10 yrs (wood underneath was another matter)

concrete starts slippy and gets grippier with age, but build a crap bowl and you can't change it, very low maintenance

jedi

Re: Outdoor skateparks
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 09:32 PM »
skatelite too

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Outdoor skateparks

gfxgfx
gfx gfx