gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 03:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Shimano pedal spindle removal tips please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Shimano pedal spindle removal tips please  (Read 452 times)

chichi

Shimano pedal spindle removal tips please
« on: February 28, 2009, 04:25 PM »
Hi All,

I have some Dx peds NOS of course but i would like to change the spindles. I do have replacements.
But the nuts underneath the end caps seem to be real tight.
If anyone has any tips on changing spindles that would be great, as both sets of peds are crispy new
and i want to do my best to not fook em..... :daumenhoch:

ozone

Re: Shimano pedal spindle removal tips please
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 04:41 PM »
Lie the pedal flat on the floor (a carpeted surface, ideally), find the correct open-ended spanner to secure the flatted end of the axle (where the pedal normally screws onto your crank)

Now find the correct socket to loosen the locknut inside the pedal body - stand on the spanner to hold the axle in place, then loosen the locknut with the socket/ratchet. (anti-clockwise if I remember rightly)  I usually use a small flat screwdriver to remove the lockwasher and cone.  Just use the driver to hold the cone in place and turn the axle by hand to remove it...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Shimano pedal spindle removal tips please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx