gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 04:14 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  help please!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: help please!!!  (Read 396 times)

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
help please!!!
« on: February 28, 2009, 02:10 PM »
well ive finally got my arse round to building my kuwi kz but am having a few teething problems!firstly i cant get the headset cups out of another bike to use on this(they aint shifting for love nor money)and secondly and more importantantly just realised that the seat post tube is crimped slightly and the darn seat post wont go in!i should have really checked before i sent it to sbd so now im left with the question how am i gonna get it in without stripping the gold off of the fluted seat post and without buggering up the powder?!!ive put the post in the freezer to see if it will shrink enough to fit!!!also where the powder coat is quite thick  the seat clamp wont go on either,double whammy!!!!!help please!!!!!!!! (dont worry about the headset,ive got another on its way!) :daumenhoch:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Bushwacked

Re: help please!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 04:13 PM »
You thought about a bit of heat to help out?

I managed to get a Crown race on some forks recently by heating it up and it slipped on a dream - obviously you are looking at doing the opposite.

JT71

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 04:22 PM »
just sand out in the inside of the seat tube dude, that'll be cool.

don't use a second hand headset anyway, go buy a new one then sand out the frame where it's painted and if your cups are tight going in then put em in a freezer over night and use a rubber/wooden mallet to get them in.

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 05:02 PM »
good advice by both me thinks.school boy error on my part!!guess this happens alot??will post the pics when i finally finish,the f&f were sat on my dining room table for a month as an ornament,and i finally know how to post pics,at last!!!
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

donnydresser

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 05:31 PM »
that what makes our hobby so cool  :2funny:stick with it mate

mileyboy

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 06:12 PM »
I put bottom bracket cups and a headset into my KZ1 this morning-the headset was ok-except it's too deep-it's a hatta kongo sealed :tickedoff:, so that will have to be changed-I took the dremel to the outside face of the bb bearing cups and basicly sanded them down and gave the bottom bracket a quick whizz over as well-beware sparks will fly on this so cover the frame with a plastic sheet then cut out a bottom bracket sized hole-then grease it up and hit the cnut hard!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  help please!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx