gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 05:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  G sport plegs
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: G sport plegs  (Read 1323 times)

Voodoocars

G sport plegs
« on: March 19, 2009, 05:54 PM »
Put some Gsport plegs on last week for a laff (never rode pegs before), and found it to be ace!  I've learnt peg stalls and 'smiths' already ( who is smith anyway). I'm no expert on a bike but I cant see plegs lasting 5 mins when grinding etc and at £20 a pop you would be better off with metal.Mine are worn and dented already. They are light tho' .  Any thoughts.....  

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: G sport plegs
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 06:01 PM »
 :) Always thought Smith grinds were nicked from skating,invented by Mike Smith?

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 06:24 PM »
your right they wont last long, mine lasted 2 months and that was just from grinding mini ramps and i was rotating the pegs regularly like george french said

so i binned them and got a set of hoffman ally pegs which have lasted 3 months and now have started to dent badly and bend over at the ends

so ive gone back to my odeyssy jpeg lighter steel pegs which ive had for 2 years and they are still in good condition

plastic and ally pegs are ok if you grind occasionally and your light on them but if your like me who grinds alot and like to land on them heavily in toothpick/icepick etc...  then stick to steel pegs :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

telelogic

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 06:33 PM »
bought 4 of the bloody things to go on some tuffs, not realizing that due to the constriction of the pegs you lose about 8mm of your axle, so they won't fit on my wheels :tickedoff:

not one shop that is selling these has mentioned this!

I know people will want to ask why I'm using tuffs, but I would advise them not to do so as I'm close enough to the edge to do something silly :2gunsfiring_v1:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 06:35 PM by telelogic »

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 09:52 AM »

Go for the Federal Alloy pegs - they are light and a little thicker than the Hoffman ones. They still wear down like alloy will, but give you a little more material a strength.

Failing that any dual material peg (cromo sleeve over alloy) is good too, we have the fit ones in stock which seem to be popular.

SaMAlex

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 02:36 PM »
The point of Plegs isnt to last a long time, its to be able to grind (slide?) on surfaces that you cant ride with metal pegs. Rough ledges and brick walls. Sure, the Plegs wont last as long, but the idea is to be able to do more with them.

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 09:10 AM »
i bought the khe ones to try more grinds on concrete, but they grinded so slow on metal ramps i had to take them off! i'll keep em for me lads bike when he's older!

Stella Dave

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 06:50 PM »
pain in the ar5e too, I got some only to find you need 14/17mm nuts.
Not done nowt on them yet but couldn't see me buyin again

rarman1

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 10:42 PM »
lots of dual material pegs out there.... i've been using t1 barcode pegs for a while :daumenhoch:

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 10:48 PM »
bailee has the plegs and altho he doesnt grind the ends have worn down from chucking his bike about
im using the macniel lites they great

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  G sport plegs

gfxgfx
gfx gfx