gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975626 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 07:47 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Yah! Its finished (Another Dialled MX24R thread!!!!!)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Yah! Its finished (Another Dialled MX24R thread!!!!!)  (Read 4111 times)

Matt428

Yah! Its finished (Another Dialled MX24R thread!!!!!)
« on: February 28, 2009, 10:43 AM »

Looks even better than I thought it would.  Can't wait to ride it in a couple of weeks  :).

Major thanks go out to my Dad for building this for me, you never know maybe i'll actually start racing properly now :D

Spec List

Dialled MX24R Frame

S&M Cruiser Forks

Chris King Headset

Profile hubs on Alienation Rims

Profile Cranks

Profile Acoustic Stem

S&M Cruiser Bars

Shimano Deore Brakes

A Bikes Bar Ends

Profile Tensioners

Hope Seatclamp

Wellgo MG-1

Kenda Small Block 8's

Alienation seatpost

Verde Seat

Apparently Weighs in at around 23-24lbs which is stupidly light for a bike that can (and will) take some abuse.

magna13

Re: Yah! Its finished (Another Dialled MX24R thread!!!!!)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 10:56 AM »
 :4_17_5:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 12:43 PM »
 :) Lovely :smitten:

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 12:58 PM »
Awesome spec and looks the nuts!

:smitten:

steve price

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 01:43 PM »
Awesome lookin bike..  8)
 Thats exactly how I'd build one.. with Profile and S@M parts.  :daumenhoch:

Andy

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 02:19 PM »
that looks nuts

really really nice

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 02:36 PM »
Looks really nice.

I'm picking mine up tomorrow so will build it on Monday.  :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 04:03 PM »
That looks just right, Matt.  Really good spec.

The blue colour came out a little darker than the prototype for some reason, but I still think it's a nice colour.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, I wish my dad had been as interested in BMX as your dad when I was a lad (all my dad did was nag me about doing well at school so I could go to university :tickedoff:).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 04:05 PM by mike@dialledbikes »

Moschops

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 06:44 PM »
That looks just right, Matt.  Really good spec.

The blue colour came out a little darker than the prototype for some reason, but I still think it's a nice colour.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, I wish my dad had been as interested in BMX as your dad when I was a lad (all my dad did was nag me about doing well at school so I could go to university :tickedoff:).

Ahh but look where it's got ya Mike, All us Dad's that were bumming around on our bikes instead of doing homework would now kill for your job!  :LolLolLolLol:

Matt get that on the ' I ride a Dialled Bike' face book page buddy sweet ride  :smitten:  :Great_Britain:

dialledbikes

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 07:41 PM »
In a way, Lee, maybe my parents lack of interest in BMX is what made me so passionate about it cos it was a rebellious thing to do.  They really didn't like me doing it though.  Especially when people brought me home from races with smashed out teeth and broken bones  :LolLolLolLol:

subversion

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 06:26 PM »
great build, the colours complement nicely :daumenhoch:

spillers#1

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 08:03 PM »
nice bike mat  :daumenhoch: bet you can't wait to get ya hands on it,i'll be comming down your way to do some sw regionals so you'll have to let me have a spin  ;)

kdubbmx

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 09:27 PM »
In a way, Lee, maybe my parents lack of interest in BMX is what made me so passionate about it cos it was a rebellious thing to do.  They really didn't like me doing it though.  Especially when people brought me home from races with smashed out teeth and broken bones  :LolLolLolLol:

Whenever i've won titles in bmx and mtb my dad just wanted to know how much money i won.  :uglystupid2:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 09:55 PM »
Matt's bike looks better in the flesh and if I get a chance tomorrow I'll take a shot of all three of the Humps Dialled MX24R's as I've just finished putting mine together tonight (Bombshell carbons on it for the moment until my Sinz cromoly ones come in).  I would like to put a word of thanks in to Mike @ Dialled for sourcing some of the components, including my DXR cranks, in addition to the frames of course, Zippy @ Cycle Life of Canterbury for my Shimano DXR brakes and Mark Seaman @ GROOVE Racing of Harlow for supplying the three wheelsets, S&M bars, forks and all the other blinging Profile stuff.  I daren't think how much the three have cost me and won't even attempt to work it out either.  Matt & James will have their bikes out at Exeter Regional on 15th March but you won't be seeing mine for a while because the carbons' steerer tube is far too short so the Sinz need to go on before I ride it.  And Matt's comment "you never know maybe i'll actually start racing properly now" is about as likely as hell freezing over!!   ;) Humps

keep it lit!

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 10:17 PM »

phat bike  :daumenhoch:

:crazy2:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 06:20 PM »

Hijacking Matt's thread for a pic of my bike now it's almost finished.  Spec. list is:
MX24R - Profile hubs and stem, Alienation 440 rims, Intense 1.75 tyres, Shimano DXR cranks & brake, S&M seat, DMR V12 pedals, Ciari 41t chainring with 18t Profile driver, Hope seatclamp, Chris King headset, RedLine chaintugs and Big Daddy Custom Plate.  Currently on carbon forks but will be using Sinz cromoly when in stock.  Not sure the cranks look right in sliver but hey they're DXR's ffs so that makes them OK by me.  Humps

dmc

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 07:46 PM »
For race

for play

;D

RobA

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 09:14 AM »
You lucky buggers, seeing all your  finished cruisers. Mines still on its way too New Zealand. :)

hooga1975

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 07:06 PM »
Now that is an awsome set of Cruisers.  I love the gold on yours Al, I got some gold bling profile my my S&M.  I think you should all put your Dialled Cruisers in a comp to see who has built the best one. 

KGB Matt

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 10:26 PM »
Really nice looking bike there Matt  Dialledbikes are truly a work of art.  :4_17_5:

Matt

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2009, 05:24 PM »
Rounding up Matt's post here's a picture of his MX24R in daylight:

and finally the Humps Dialled cruiser line-up ready for racing next weekend at the Exeter Regional:

Two in "that blue" but we love them - it's only Zippy who can't seem to bling his properly  >:D

Special thanks here to the wonderful people of RAD who contributed to a collection "for the boys" after Marion's untimely death last year.  The boys' frames were bought using that money.  THANK YOU  :daumenhoch:

Humps

dialledbikes

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2009, 05:41 PM »
The blues look very purposeful.  And those Sunn forks look good, Alan.

thecrooch

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2009, 06:22 PM »
Really nice builds Alan, all of them

dont you need red plates for cruisers?

DONNY R

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2009, 06:28 PM »
only if your racing nationals i think

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2009, 06:35 PM »
only if your racing nationals i think

That's right Jason.  And everyone knows that Humps don't do Nationals!!  I'm famous for it!!  The Sunn forks were unbadged Mike so I hope you don't mind that I've put a "Dialled" sticker on them - you'll be getting requests for them (Mark's got quite a few sets if you do  :daumenhoch: ) Humps

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Yah! Its finished (Another Dialled MX24R thread!!!!!)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx