gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 02:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Tips for cleaning......
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tips for cleaning......  (Read 802 times)

oldschool rider

Tips for cleaning......
« on: February 23, 2009, 07:38 PM »
Hi Guys,
            After reading many posts on here regarding the Greatness of Autosol it got me to thinking, I worked 7 yrs in the Marine Industry maintaining and valeting luxury motor boats here in Mallorca and I have a couple of products and tips someone may find helpfull.

1. Autosol Not only is great for polishing scratches out of paint and chrome but it's also great for those old plastic items that are dirty or faded, Autosol is abrasive so take care always do a small test area first
2. Seapower Cleaner & Wax This is great for applying after polishing to give a wax coat protection, I used to use this on my spokes to protect them from rusting because I live next to the sea it was terrible, if your bike is a showbike it will look great but be warned if it's a rider be careful doing your toptube  as it becomes very slippy (I found out the hard way) also if you have cleaned plastic items this is a good wax/polish to finish the job and maintain that new shiny look, it will also remove slight pitting or rust marks on chrome or painted surfaces and also cleans sidewalls of tyres a treat  :daumenhoch:

Now these are products I have used and trusted I'm not saying there the best just what I have used.

Hope this helps someone after all the help I have recieved on this site, feels nice to give back my pennies worth of info.

Cheers,
Steve.

Ramp Rat

Re: Tips for cleaning......
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 12:28 AM »
cheers Steve - I'll check out the seapower cleaner and wax.

Ramp Rat

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 12:31 AM »
where can I buy some? There's none on ebay, I live in the USA. Thanks.

oldschool rider

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 12:17 PM »
where can I buy some? There's none on ebay, I live in the USA. Thanks.

I had clients who travelled to Miami in the winter with their boats and they got it locally, try in a boat chandlers for it or they will be able to offer a substitute. This product is a creamy liquid polish so it's non abrasive but does a great job.

:daumenhoch:

Ramp Rat

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 07:43 PM »
cool - I love near a big marina, so should be easy to find. Thanks for the pic too...that always helps.

oldschool rider

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 03:01 PM »
No Probs Ramp Rat  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Tips for cleaning......

gfxgfx
gfx gfx