gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 11:36 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Got this today
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Got this today  (Read 2523 times)

dice22

Re: Got this today
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 07:08 PM »

Dan can this be confirmed? Personally i've only seen about 3 or 4 frames like this in my time and most of the gussets all looked slightly different i.e. shape/welds etc.. nearly all of them looked like fix-up jobs.

Im sure the plain solid gussets were a quick fix by Ammaco in response to all the cracked 'cut-out' gussets.  An interim measure before the embossed gusset was developed.

Basically its a gen 1.5, midway between the more common cut out and embossed gussets.  Makes sense why so few have surfaced, they wouldnt have been around for long.

When i strip it i will get some pics up may help tp see if its orginal ;)

spleen1970

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 08:57 PM »
dude dose it really matter restore it! iv just restored one which i will post pics soon i had to re gusset that one so it has no logo looks cool though & its nice to think it keeps another old schooler still going  :daumenhoch:

dice22

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2009, 04:01 PM »
Well i have decided to restore her stripped right down today going to nitromoss it tommorow then send off for paint.

The MX1000 look orginal even have dia compe stamped on the back.

Im thinking white with white skyways and blue comp 3 tyres with gumwalls, blue decals, blue brakes as they are now and chrome handlebars and blue seat.

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 04:50 PM »
Hi. I have a nos blue/silver ammaco chainring if you're interested.

LMK!

Matt  ;)

dice22

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 06:22 PM »
Matt,

The one on it is mint just cleaned it up, may need a new seat though dont think its going to restore to good.
Thanks for the offer though  8)

dice22

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2009, 06:27 PM »
Cleaned off the forks and some of the frame its not chrome underneath is it meant to be or did only some come chrome :-\

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2009, 08:08 AM »

Well some come in white, chrome and also a baby blue colour. Mainly chrome though. Never seen one in your colour to be honest, could have been resprayed? Is it bare metal underneath or showing some other type of colour?

Matt  :)

Cleaned off the forks and some of the frame its not chrome underneath is it meant to be or did only some come chrome :-\

dice22

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2009, 09:01 AM »

Well some come in white, chrome and also a baby blue colour. Mainly chrome though. Never seen one in your colour to be honest, could have been resprayed? Is it bare metal underneath or showing some other type of colour?

Matt  :)

Matt,

It was resprayed red some 20 years ago nitromossed it yesterday and it was white underneath the red then normal metal Frame and forks not chrome

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Got this today

gfxgfx
gfx gfx