gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 08:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Sick flatland!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Sick flatland!  (Read 2564 times)

markatkins

Sick flatland!
« on: February 20, 2009, 09:27 AM »
I remember the days when cherrypickers were hard lol
Check this out,flatland now is beyond me!
http://bmx.transworld.net/2009/02/19/circle-cow-10-video-by-sevisual/

The guy on last is amazing!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 11:25 AM by markatkins »

Bushwacked

Re: Sick flatland!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 10:21 AM »
Jesus - I'd be happy if I could hop or manual a little!!! This is another level!

spinmaster

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 10:36 AM »
cool vid, cheers for posting that one.

modfather

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 10:41 AM »
talented!  :coolsmiley:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 10:49 AM »
i love the flat its progressing all the time  and love to watch
shame its still shoved in the corner on its own nearly not even bmx . well i hate ,,hate to say that but it is.
chris job might throw some light on whats happening next but i would love to see a few forms of it conjoined with mini ramp
as a format   but it will run and run forever..

magna13

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 10:55 AM »
I Really want to get into this!

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 11:07 AM »
I love flatland.

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

markatkins

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 11:28 AM »
Flats the hardest form of bmx end of!I rode it for years then just gave up to ride ramps.This shit takes 8 hours a day to master!

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 11:33 AM »
its deffo hard real real hard   i can remember trying a trick and one night had to get up about 2 am and go try it again as i couldnt sleep
over thinking about it   :uglystupid2:

dibly

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 11:36 AM »
i love flat land and have the upmost repect for the guys that do it......i just wish i could do it  :LolLolLolLol:

spinmaster

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 11:49 AM »
its deffo hard real real hard   i can remember trying a trick and one night had to get up about 2 am and go try it again as i couldnt sleep
over thinking about it   :uglystupid2:

know that feeling. lol

oldschool rider

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 11:57 AM »
I remember the days when cherrypickers were hard lol

I still find cherrypickers hard  ;D

But seriously flatland is just soooo damn technical nowadays, but you got to RESPECT the guys that do it. The great thing is you can do it anywhere flat and that is the beauty of it, no need for parks, rails, stairs etc all you need is a open space. I spent many a night in the multistory parking with Gary, Mic & the burke boys BITD but then we didn't have all the indoor parks there are nowadays and in Scotland you need to ride indoors due to the shite weather, maybe that's why I moved to Mallorca LOL.

steve.

LONG LIVE BMX IN ALL IT'S FORMS !!!!!

jedi

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 12:10 PM »
rad vid!!!

dikk1970

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 12:16 PM »
cool vid
even the fookin kids are good :daumenhoch:

Offline HARODAVE

• Rockwalk
  • the artist formerly known as DAVE3172 !!
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 10:36 AM »
WOW !! that is amazing stuff .. these guys are artists.... :laugh: :laugh: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:
With Bacofoil and a Battering Ram !

Broggie

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 08:36 PM »
I'm gonna sound like a real coont here...but I was bored, sure there was some inspiration, and a fair bit of talent...but it just seemed to me most of the time was spent spinning round in a circle...I feel if they're dedicated to flatland that they could come up with a bit more to thrill us with than that.

Sorry.

Ray.

keep it lit!

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2009, 08:05 PM »

i hear what ya sayin ray .... but all aspects of bmx could be described that way, race just going round a track, trails just jumping & vert guys just getting air & spins ...

each to their own mate ....

mega trick kids in that vid, nice one  :daumenhoch:

Andy

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2009, 11:38 PM »
the last guy was nuts great vid

andy619

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2009, 12:43 PM »
Incredible talent, and I agree that flatland has to be one of the hardest disciplines, but.....it seems like everyone does the same thing.  I know it is probably because I don't do flatland, but I honestly couldn't tell the difference.  Still rad though.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2009, 11:42 PM »
Marcus Cent stopped by on Sunday with a video from the 1988 Tizer Worlds.....we were all doing the same thing back then too!

andy619

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 04:50 AM »
Marcus Cent stopped by on Sunday with a video from the 1988 Tizer Worlds.....we were all doing the same thing back then too!

True, but at least we were doing the tricks slow enough to see them.  They are spinning so fast and flipping and twisting the bike around I can't tell what they are doing.  I am sure a current flatlander could see every subtle difference each rider had between them, but I can't.  That's what I meant.

Lazarou

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2009, 02:25 PM »
Flatland has become boring and i know why....BRAKES!! Since all of the sheep have ditched the brakes Flatland now has lost it's flow and looks awkward and stunted.

Just my take on it but everyone seems to have lost their originality. There was a time you could tell who a certain rider was just by his style but not anymore.

Sad.  :-\

oldschool rider

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2009, 06:13 PM »
Flatland has become boring and i know why....BRAKES!! Since all of the sheep have ditched the brakes Flatland now has lost it's flow and looks awkward and stunted.

Just my take on it but everyone seems to have lost their originality. There was a time you could tell who a certain rider was just by his style but not anymore.

Sad.  :-\

I agree everyone looks the same, I loved flatland when you did your links then through in a decade or something to finish the link, now everything appears to be on the front wheel and hyperspatic it seems to have lost it's spark somewhere along the way. The riding is so technical but lacks peoples individual styles and that makes it look less impressive imo.
Evolution is great but I feel mixin the new with the old is the way forward, nowadays and it makes no difference what form of bmx you talk about the tricks today are more tech but throw in a few O/S tricks to.

Steve.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 06:22 PM by oldschool rider »

markatkins

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2009, 08:14 PM »
Im amazed how anyone can put a dampner on this vid!Heres my take on people thinking its all the same.
When i watch surfing,although i respect what they do,it all looks the same.
Im guessing the people saying this flats boring and the same dont really know much about flatland?I dont ride flat no more but i know how difficult this stuff is and what they go through to learn all this.

Bushwacked

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2009, 08:26 AM »
Personally I thought the guy who won had a unique style, he was doing loads different stuff and seemed a league above the others.

and I know nothing about Flatland.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Sick flatland!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx