gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 07:19 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Rat trap pedals
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Rat trap pedals  (Read 754 times)

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Rat trap pedals
« on: February 19, 2009, 01:32 PM »
Just to be arkward I fancy fitting some early rat trap pedals to my Redline project. The only ones I have seen are coloured but I want either black or chrome. Does anyone happen to know if they are all chromed and then painted with coloured laquer ?

I'm trying to make the bike look a old as possible but don't know if it will work all that well just being black, silver and white. These sort of colours lend themselves more to the check era a bit later on.

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Rat trap pedals
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 08:50 PM »
Dude talk to RATTY as I'm sure one of his PL-20 Carrerra builds has Rat traps on it, so he'll be able to let ya know the correct make and fitment.. I would imagine either MKS or KKT myself!

John

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 09:17 PM »
Hi steve, I have MKS bm5s on my one, they are red anno/painted (not sure which) but they are era correct.  :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 11:24 PM »
Cheers for the replies.
I have just been putting the stickers on it.  I'm not sure what to do really. The frame is white, wheels and tyres are black, seat is black and so are the pads,grips and pedals. I have just stripped a really grotty caliper (looks like an early dia compe one) and a 2 finger lever both of which will just be polished alloy. The stem and seat post clamp were stripped by me years ago.

Its a bit too black and white though, I'm thinking red brakes and pedals.

Think I will sleep on it  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Rat trap pedals

gfxgfx
gfx gfx