gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 07:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  bmx and everyday life
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: bmx and everyday life  (Read 1530 times)

jedi

bmx and everyday life
« on: February 18, 2009, 07:13 PM »
as a kid it was watching bob haro, eddie fiola,mike d etc..that got me hooked on cycling.its been all i think of for years and something that i have loved.
the past year or so since getting back into bmx i have made and remade friendships and am enjoying riding soo much more because of it.currently i am out of work but filling my time riidng(mtb and bmx)but now,freeride mtb and bmx fill my thoughts 24/7.it effects my sleep and the endless technical challenge of the riding has me buzzing.

anyoneelse just want to ride 24/7????

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: bmx and everyday life
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 07:21 PM »
I would love to ride 24/7. But right now id settle for once a week
A long time ago, in a land far away!

jedi

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 07:28 PM »
but do you think about it even when you cant ride???
i have been riding today and am thinking about riding again now  :)

fouronethreeoh!

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 07:32 PM »
BMX is this mystical dream world where i can manual for miles, grind rails and pull tweaked turndowns with consumate ease.

The reality is somewhat different, regardless of how much time and effort I put into my riding.
Rarely a day goes by without me riding a bike of some kind, its great. Just cant get enough.

jedi

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 07:33 PM »
<high5 4130!!!>

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 07:41 PM »
Fully obsessed.

Has caused a bit of friction in my house but I'm gradually getting it under control  :LolLolLolLol:

Just want to ride and ride and ride.

jedi

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 07:42 PM »
im on here surfing rad and watching how to bmx vids

Voodoocars

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 08:36 PM »
I think about it while having sex.Honestly.

jedi

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 09:14 PM »
so do i, makes me last longer  :)

teamsano

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 11:02 PM »
i suggest dead puppies.

evamedia

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 08:33 AM »
i suggest dead puppies.

I prefer live women, each to their own...

Bushwacked

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 08:47 AM »
Lol @ Evamedia!!!

Same here - I can't get enough - if its not one bike its the other and if I didn't have lurgy carrying kids to keep me off my bike I'd be on them all the time. Constantly thinking about how to take things to the next level!!

Had a crazy dream last night I was watching someone ride wet metal ramps and was showing it really could be done without serious injury!!! Just remembered it was a dream!!!  :'(

JT71

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 08:52 AM »
Lol @ Evamedia!!!

Same here - I can't get enough - if its not one bike its the other and if I didn't have lurgy carrying kids to keep me off my bike I'd be on them all the time. Constantly thinking about how to take things to the next level!!

Had a crazy dream last night I was watching someone ride wet metal ramps and was showing it really could be done without serious injury!!! Just remembered it was a dream!!!  :'(

saw some lads in Cov kick the snow out of a concrete mini ramp in the park and ride the wet ramps last week. mental. they gave it up as a bad thing after a while but props to em for trying.

the bike is now either in my van or in my office, the weather is coming, i can feel it.

Bushwacked

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 08:55 AM »
The weather is defo on its way - I'm so excited!!!!

Had my first session this year outdoors on Tuesday and it was SSSSWWWWWEEEEEETTT!!!!  :smitten:

dodger

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 12:52 PM »
yes indeed im geting the twinge in my stomach every time i drive past a bank,street setup,track i evan get exited about going up the shop via the gaurage to get the ride.
i think its the crap weather over winter that gets u like this when u can feel the nice weather coming allong and get a session every 2-3 days then evry 2 days then every day when the chance comes up im currentley out of work aswell so  i spend my days tinkering and riding while out handing out c.v's ;D

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 01:17 PM »
 :) It gets in your blood! Every time I`m out, I look at walls,banks,ledges in the town centre & think,"I wish I had my bike with me."Plus my main bike is right next to my bed....

dodger

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 01:19 PM »
while im off work the bike stays in the back of the car ready to roll when that urge kicks in :D

JT71

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 01:20 PM »
bike in office, sitting at desk, knee and shin pads on under jeans from lunch time ride...might as well keep em on, you never know when a riding oppurtunity will present itself.

but no, I never think about bmx.  :daumenhoch:

mamadirt

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 02:22 PM »
All the time, mtb and bmx.  My knee is telling me no after last weeks faux pas at the skatepark but papadirt 's old man's footie injury spray' works wonders  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 12:51 PM by mamadirt »

Ged

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 10:55 PM »
i am always thinking about riding at the moment it was good on tues at corby

riding with a new bike, new scene, new friends and old friends its all good in my book

even if you can just about roll into a ramp or air 5 foot out...it dont matter its all about

progressing at your pace with no pressure ...looking forward to riding more this year

only been back on a bike since mid november and i have lost a stone ...love it
 :daumenhoch:

jedi

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 10:57 PM »
yeah man. i lost 21lbs since end of december  :)

JT71

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 08:31 AM »
even if you can just about roll into a ramp or air 5 foot out...it dont matter its all about

progressing at your pace with no pressure ...looking forward to riding more this year

that for me is the key right there Ged.

when I first decided that instead of building bikes i was going to ride one I was worried that the good riders, especially the younger ones would rip the p1ss out of me and get annoyed that i was getting in their way with my lame riding, which for a long time was simply rolling in and out of ramps. but I quickly learnt to overcome my feeling of being intimidated and found if you get in there and try you'll get respect and encouragement.

Tues nights sesh was great and even though my total trick bag is 50/50 grinds/stalls I still get the same encouragement from the riders I'm with as someone who is pulling airs and techy tricks.

Roll on the novice night.  :daumenhoch:

Bushwacked

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009, 08:49 AM »
I'm with you there JT71 - the intimidation is all in the mind - most riders I've spoken with are realy encouraging (meet some who aren't they are more "scene" kids).

My bag of tricks is compact and bejou but I still really enjoy myself and have a laugh. Had some really good times since getting on a 20" bike - changed my perspective on life a great deal.

JT71

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 08:55 AM »
I'm with you there JT71 - the intimidation is all in the mind - most riders I've spoken with are realy encouraging (meet some who aren't they are more "scene" kids).

My bag of tricks is compact and bejou but I still really enjoy myself and have a laugh. Had some really good times since getting on a 20" bike - changed my perspective on life a great deal.

and us old fokkers usually have tools. the young uns never even have a spanner.  :LolLolLolLol:

Ged

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2009, 12:34 PM »
we got the tools as mark aitkins would say . . . WE invented that. .

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  bmx and everyday life

gfxgfx
gfx gfx