gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 08:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  My TA stripped down (original chrome) - what do you think?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My TA stripped down (original chrome) - what do you think?  (Read 2834 times)

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: My TA stripped down (original chrome) - what do you think?
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2009, 02:38 AM »
Danny ,

If you're local to Pete then you're not a million miles from me either . I said on the other thread about it's only OG chrome once then it's gone forever , my attitude has changed massively over the last 4-5 years and I'm so glad I've not rushed builds because now I appreciate the Original finish so much more you would'nt believe ! .

I've some builds here that maybe when I picked them up ( could be 4+ years ago ) I was totally of the mindset ....... "Re-chrome or paint straight away" ! ........ but there's a lot to be said for OG stuff . Now I'm looking at them totally different , I'm so glad I did'nt re-do all this stuff .

There will always be peeps that will massacre stuff be it re-chrome/powder ( when in reality it could've been saved/gently restored ) or totally and utterly over polish stuff to sh1t so it's all shiny like it never was .

I don't favour the typical dream kinda bikes ( like TA's , Gen 1's , Rippers ) as in the ones I have or will build but my proudest moments in this hobby was getting some credit for my first ever OS builds at MK08 from the people on here ( they know who they are ) I respect so much and have helped me enormously .

To me it's all about passion & building bikes I think are right , IMO ( not everyones ! ) I like things to be reasonably rea correct but that's me ! lol . It all takes time & IMO building a bike in 5 mins does'nt work ( the parts ARE out there ) .

;) 

P.S. I don't not like TA's/Gen 1's btw , bitd my brother had one of the first Gen 1's in the UK ( it cracked pretty quick where we all know they went ! ) and a very early white TA F+F so I do like em but choose to collect maybe slightly more obscure stuff generally .
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 02:46 AM by Mattdub »

Offline double chevron

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2009, 01:37 PM »
If you bought that Kashi from Arnaud then it was mine before his!

Lovely seat.

Yep, that's the one  ;)

dannywhiteley

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2009, 08:13 PM »
Im not too far off finishing the TA.  Just picked up a stem from munners a nd hopefully a blue MX1000 rear from somewhere else, so only need tyres now and its ready to build.

Regarding timescales, I built my quad in 8 weeks.  I am extremely happy with it, being 90% era correct (tyres, grips are wrong - rainbow comps, later a'mes).  To get it 100% era correct, with totally top notch parts would cost me more and have taken longer but I am more than happy with it.

The TA will also be 90% era correct, but thats good enough for me (and it will stay OG chrome)... :)

You can build a bike to 90% correctness within a month by throwing money at it, its that extra 10% that regardless of money takes the time finding the parts.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 08:19 PM by dannywhiteley »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  My TA stripped down (original chrome) - what do you think?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx