gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 07:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  mid school wheels fitting to old school f+f
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: mid school wheels fitting to old school f+f  (Read 857 times)

karlos100

mid school wheels fitting to old school f+f
« on: February 12, 2009, 07:38 AM »
I bought some mid school wheels to go on my 87 haro group 1. The wheels are alex 303 with quando hubs and 10mm axles. The thing is the front hub set up is slightly too wide to slot into the forks. All it consists of is the cone and a lock nut either side which makes me believe the mid school set up is slightly wider.???????Please inform!!!!! its only by a few mm but i aint really up for knockin it in!

As for the rear it all goes in sweet but the freewheel doesnt run true with the chainwheel and there is a visisble curve in the chain. this is easily sorted as all i have to do is move the lock nuts about and ditch the spacer that came with them All im wonderin is it worth it though or should i sell these rims on and get some era correct ones? Its for racing so i wasnt keen on spending lots of cash on a set of minty 7x's or similar
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 07:45 AM by karlos100 »

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: mid school wheels fitting to old school f+f
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 08:35 AM »
bang a picture up mate.....if it's only a few mm then i'd be inclined to lever the forks open a little and push the hub home?  then sort the chain line out for the rear as the chain will jump off under pedalling. (like i found out at MK last year)  :tickedoff:

karlos100

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 09:16 AM »
sorted the rear out no probs and had to knock the front home with some hefty wrist action. I think where the skyways have been on there they have dragged the forks in a little. I think its merely a false alarm but at 6 o clock this mornin(i couldnt sleep!!)i think i was gettin a little frustrated. The bike looks tons better with the spokes rather than the skyways....much more like an old school racer should me thinks! :daumenhoch:

JT71

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 09:20 AM »
glad it's all sorted there's often a few mm here and there, two wide or two narrow if you can bach the wheel home with your hand then it's all good, if it needs a hammer then that's probably not so good. lol.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  mid school wheels fitting to old school f+f

gfxgfx
gfx gfx