gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 09:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Welcome Mr. Fiola
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Welcome Mr. Fiola  (Read 55283 times)

Ramp Rat

Re: Welcome Mr. Fiola
« Reply #225 on: February 18, 2009, 06:54 PM »
great thread, great pics - love looking at the early pics in the old skateparks. Eddie, you were a HUGE inspiration on my riding. Great to see you on here...welcome!

Eddie Fiola

« Reply #226 on: February 19, 2009, 05:57 AM »
Know clue where that bike is . That was a long time ago and I've hit my head one to many times.

I love all the PIC'S

Airs both ways you see that Lakewood halfpipe, no flat and down hill like a snowboard halfpipe. you have to go both ways .

antiquebmx

« Reply #227 on: February 19, 2009, 07:08 AM »
Think Im a bit late, but welcome to the site, nice to see you posting up for us.  :daumenhoch:

bmxer4ever

« Reply #228 on: February 19, 2009, 07:32 PM »
Know clue where that bike is . That was a long time ago and I've hit my head one to many times.

I love all the PIC'S

Airs both ways you see that Lakewood halfpipe, no flat and down hill like a snowboard halfpipe. you have to go both ways .

Aha! That makes a lot of sense. I'm much stronger airing one way than the other on my board too....I tend to try alley oops on my weak side.

Weird how I never knew you could do that though - (couldn't have been that many pics taken of you going right to left then....)

Thanks for clearing that up!

Can you still do it? And how high could you get airing 'the other way'?

G

LOS1969

« Reply #229 on: February 20, 2009, 07:27 PM »
who said the king is dead!
[]

mark 2

« Reply #230 on: February 20, 2009, 09:26 PM »
who said the king is dead!

It was the Duc d'Uzès in France following the death of Charles VI.  Glad we cleared that up :LolLolLolLol:

K-A-E

« Reply #231 on: February 22, 2009, 12:59 PM »
Great to see you on the forum - let us know how the 22inch wheel bike feels.

Eddie Fiola

« Reply #232 on: February 22, 2009, 02:42 PM »
A friend   has some Hutch parts for sale on ebay
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/shanedog129

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #233 on: February 22, 2009, 04:18 PM »

my cake from yesterday

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #234 on: February 22, 2009, 04:44 PM »
That's cool Pete - how many bites to get through that??   ;D ;D ;D

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #235 on: February 22, 2009, 05:16 PM »

it was only a 18" so just a snack

munners

« Reply #236 on: February 22, 2009, 05:27 PM »
 :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

keep it lit!

« Reply #237 on: February 22, 2009, 05:39 PM »

it was only a 18" so just a snack

:LolLolLolLol:

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #238 on: February 23, 2009, 11:26 PM »
LOL, good party then bud?
ding dong

Guillotte

« Reply #239 on: February 24, 2009, 05:48 AM »
Let's put this in proper context. For the young, Bestwick is the current God and deservedly so. For those in their mid twenties to early thirties, The Hoff was the undisputed ruler AND vert innovator. And for those of us not ashamed to admit our age, but rather unabashedly scream it out, we can proudly acknowledge the forefathers of vert,style,and BMX love who will forever be an influence on not only us, but BMX in it's entirety...Wilkerson, Dominguez,Blyther, and the man who had more of an initial impact to our sport probably more than any other...RADBMX's newest and most distinguished vert legend, Mr. Eddie Fiola. There have been many names that have come and gone, perhaps even had more influence individually for some people but Eddie captured the imagination of the globe. Looking back on it all, Fiola was the spark. Bob gave it legs but Eddie gave it, and us, the spirit. Thank you Mr. Fiola. You are legend.

munners

« Reply #240 on: February 24, 2009, 08:35 AM »
Deeeeeeeeeep!

But i like it. ;)

oldschool rider

« Reply #241 on: February 24, 2009, 11:30 AM »
Let's put this in proper context. For the young, Bestwick is the current God and deservedly so. For those in their mid twenties to early thirties, The Hoff was the undisputed ruler AND vert innovator. And for those of us not ashamed to admit our age, but rather unabashedly scream it out, we can proudly acknowledge the forefathers of vert,style,and BMX love who will forever be an influence on not only us, but BMX in it's entirety...Wilkerson, Dominguez,Blyther, and the man who had more of an initial impact to our sport probably more than any other...RADBMX's newest and most distinguished vert legend, Mr. Eddie Fiola. There have been many names that have come and gone, perhaps even had more influence individually for some people but Eddie captured the imagination of the globe. Looking back on it all, Fiola was the spark. Bob gave it legs but Eddie gave it, and us, the spirit. Thank you Mr. Fiola. You are legend.
[/color]

Amen to that  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 11:33 AM by oldschool rider »

4130HUBBS

« Reply #242 on: February 24, 2009, 08:06 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D  THE INSPIRATION... THE LEGEND...    :daumenhoch:

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #243 on: February 24, 2009, 08:37 PM »
eddie who?
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Broggie

« Reply #244 on: February 24, 2009, 10:14 PM »
eddie who?

F_I_O_L_A

even I know of him and I didn't take up BMX until I was 48  ;)

...and I'd rather watch old school riders do their stuff, than any number of modern Gods of Megavert, I think BMX has lost something, that was special, that was personified by the likes of Eddie and Bob...it just doesnt seem to be there nowadays.

Ray.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #245 on: February 24, 2009, 11:20 PM »
Deeeeeeeeeep!

But i like it. ;)

Greg's always like that after a few beers.
Wish I was..... :LolLolLolLol:

G

Eddie Fiola

« Reply #246 on: February 25, 2009, 02:25 AM »
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

I just got an email,   It's going to be BIG    http://kickstandbmx.blogspot.com   I'll try to take some Pic's

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #247 on: February 25, 2009, 04:03 AM »
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

I just got an email,   It's going to be BIG    http://kickstandbmx.blogspot.com   I'll try to take some Pic's

wow. eddie. this is going to be huge...  I'm very happy to say I'll be there.  I'll be sure to say come up and Hi.   will you have your yellow gear on? or miniumum "TricksR4kids" on your butt?    :LolLolLolLol:
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

andy619

« Reply #248 on: February 25, 2009, 04:39 AM »

I am buying a new digital video camera and using this reunion as my excuse.  I will bring my digital camera too.  I am going to get loads of footage, I can't ride every minute for three days. ;)

Guillotte

« Reply #249 on: February 25, 2009, 06:22 AM »
Can someone lend me some fucking money? ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Welcome Mr. Fiola

gfxgfx
gfx gfx