gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 12:12 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  pics of old malvern tracks
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: pics of old malvern tracks  (Read 15596 times)

glov

pics of old malvern tracks
« on: February 06, 2006, 02:35 PM »
here are some pics of malvern rebel force and malvern hillbillies
sorry the pics are not that good as access to the tracks is limited
and they are completly over grown
but still here they are another shame  :(
this is the mai9n drive to rebel force
track
this is the first straight at rebel force
and this is the finish line
this the start hil at malvern hillbillies
this the first straight looking backat the start gate
and this is the last turn
and thats it all but gone

jon016847

Re: pics of old malvern tracks
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 03:07 PM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( A far cry from its glory days, Malvern hillbillies was my old club, 

Posted pics before but just for comparison purposes

« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 06:10 PM by jon016847 »

AJWD

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 06:10 PM »
Who's the odd looking kid in the oversized JMC helmet?

glov

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 06:21 PM »
LOL thats john weston very good rider bitd thats at malvern LOL LOL LOL LOL cant stop laughing
sorry john at the pic see ya sunday john
got in touch with keith hes going to post some pics of malvern from bitd

jamie

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 06:49 PM »
I remember a Jamie Glover from Malvern that used to race.

Hillbillies and rebels were my local tracks. I used to go down to Hillbillies every night.

glov

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 07:11 PM »
hi zippy whats your name i might know you what a shame about the tracks it should never happen
we need these tracks for the kids today or it will be harder to produce the next dale  homes

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 07:17 PM »
My name is Simon Barnes, I went to Dyson's and Hanley Castle, although I always seemed to go out with girls from the Chase.

Hillbillies was a great track, loved the quarterpipe and the racing there. I had an Aero Pro Team Burner back in the day, then had a Chrome Aero Pro when I snapped the team issue frame.

glov

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 07:23 PM »
seem to remember the name simon
i used to ride a hutch pro star with aerolite cranks /mag hubs /and hutch pedals
wish i still had this bike £££££££££££££££££££ top money
but i needed some fags and beer so i sold it i think £70
what a tit i was :uglystupid2:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 07:26 PM »
I remember it was the talk of the town that you got a pro star. Everyone was well jelous but I think they may have all taken the piss a bit as well.
I noticed that Keith Jones had just joined. Didn't his dad run Rebels after a dissagreement with the people that ran Hillbillies. I also think he had a patterson if I remember rightly.

glov

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 07:42 PM »
takin this piss outa my hutch thats not right  LOL
and yeh kieths dad bob went to rebel i think because of the john ieles family (think i spelt that wrong)
rebel force was a better track anyway

back to the piss take why????????? LOL

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2006, 07:50 PM »
YOU HAD A PRO STAR  ;D ;D ;D

everyone wanted a prostar.

John Ieles was a cock. I sold him my GT World Tour and he never paid for it so I had to go back round and get it back the hard way.

I liked Rebels track I've got some pictures of me riding it as a kid but haven't got a scanner to upload them with.

Hang on though I can take a picture of them and upload those.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2006, 07:59 PM »
Here are some pics, sorry about the quality, blame my mum.

glov

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2006, 08:10 PM »
great pics nice to see the track as it was the good old days  ;D :'(

glov

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2006, 08:12 PM »
if you lokk closely you can see the old buildings

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2006, 08:29 PM »
It's a shame they're all left to waste away. It seems that there is a lot of old tracks left like that nowadays.

glov

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2006, 09:10 PM »
idea,, lets all contact the local councils and demand the tracks back LOL
nice idea

jamie  >:(

jon016847

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2006, 08:05 AM »
Hi Zippy do you remeber my old man from Dysons, he used to teach their

Peter Western,  PE, then Physics, he was also head of the third year.

And yes their were  pretty girls at the chase,   lol, 

I remeber when I was about 15,  i was out drunk one night and was getting stuck into this girl,  I took her home and my old man caught us back at the house,  not too happy,

""Son if you are going to bring 14 year old girls back to the house, can you ,make sure I dont teach them please, its rather embarresing -- LOL
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 09:44 AM by jon016847 »

AJWD

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2006, 08:09 AM »
Wow I can remember all those old buildings around the track, and the long drive up to it. I used to race there every week in summer - Rebel's was definitely the best track, and because it was slightly out of the way you didn't get all the pikey kids down there. Warndon was a different matter altogether - that was anarchy, and like going on the most dangerous assault course of your life!

Happy days....still got my Rebel's trophy somewhere.

AJWD

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2006, 09:46 AM »
Could anyone with pics of the Malvern Rebels track, and any of Cocksmoor send them to me please. The address is: adrian@beinghunted.com

Thanks,
Adey.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2006, 06:25 PM »
Hey Jon, I remember your dad. He was head of the third year when I was there.
I've lost count of the girls I went out with at the chase, although dysons did have some nice girls too. I went out with a girl called Natelle Gillman who I remember thinking was quite a good looking girl.

My dad used to rent one of the units down next to the rebels track so I was down there quite a lot as well. I take it you didn't go to Dysons though.

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2006, 09:00 PM »
I use to ride at the hillbillies track on north end lane all the time 1989 onwards, The club chairman was melvin hyles something like that at the time. I go past the track twice a week
and still look in from time to time, kids on those mini motos and quads us it now so theres no way you could put a new track there it be ruined in 2 minutes. I don't know how many of you live around the area but i live in worcester and theres nothing now for us bmx racers i have to travel to bristol or burnham to train. I've tried with the councils to get a track going but they have no money as usual. But there quite happy to build skateparks. Some of my best times were spend on that track its a shame there gone

Jai

AJWD

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2006, 09:23 PM »
I used to live on Battenhall Rise, and still have friends in Barbourne. Haven't been back for over a year now, good place for a drink or three!

I went out with a bird called Coral Rowberry from Malvern - briefly, and had quite a to-do with her friend called Sam I think.....I leave it there!

glov

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2006, 09:37 PM »
jai do you now keith jones ?ilive in ledbury
adey i went out with coral long time ago funny LOL

jon016847

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2006, 05:53 AM »
Hey Jon, I remember your dad. He was head of the third year when I was there.
I've lost count of the girls I went out with at the chase, although dysons did have some nice girls too. I went out with a girl called Natelle Gillman who I remember thinking was quite a good looking girl.

My dad used to rent one of the units down next to the rebels track so I was down there quite a lot as well. I take it you didn't go to Dysons though.

My dad thought it best I went to the chase as he taught a dysons,  smooth move, would not have liked to have been at school where the old man was a teacher,  he found out about enough of the trouble i got into without me being at the same school,  pleanty he did not find out about as i was at the chase lol !!!

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:12 PM by Stodgy »

jon016847

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2006, 05:57 AM »
I use to ride at the hillbillies track on north end lane all the time 1989 onwards, The club chairman was melvin hyles something like that at the time. I go past the track twice a week

Jai

I think i stopped racing in 1987,  Melvin Hiles son,  John Hiles was in my age group when i used to race,   I am pleased to say I used to smoke him on the track every time we raced,   in fact i dont think he ever beat me in 2 or 3 years of racing, I heard he went on to do very well in later years, - but I am not sure many people were racing in those dark times !

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  pics of old malvern tracks

gfxgfx
gfx gfx